First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I dropped off the Bronco at the dealer this morning and got a dealer loaner. The hard top came in and its going to get replaced. The service technician said it might be ready for pick-up later today. It is the whole rear section that came in so I'm glad of that instead of side panel replacement only. The whole back section cost per w/o is nearly $3,800. So we will see what it looks like soon. Hopefully the front section matches the rear section for color match. Since I took delivery of my Bronco 08/22 the sun exposure should not be that noticeable color matching, I hope.

Turn around time was pretty quick considering the shortage of hard tops Ford been complaining about. I initially went to dealer on Jan 16th for top cracking, was told they would call once the top came in. The dealer called me on the Jan 27th stating top came in. Set up for today to install. So a total of 9 business days for top to arrive from Detroit.

On a separate note as a FYI, the parts department told me today they were surprised at how fast it arrived from Detroit. I asked him where is the hardtop made, and said the top comes from 2 locations, somewhere in Italy and Wuhan China. Then from there to Detroit plant. Unbelievable to say the least, Wuhan China.
Sponsored

valpow

Black Diamond
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I dropped off the Bronco at the dealer this morning and got a dealer loaner. The hard top came in and its going to get replaced. The service technician said it might be ready for pick-up later today. It is the whole rear section that came in so I'm glad of that instead of side panel replacement only. The whole back section cost per w/o is nearly $3,800. So we will see what it looks like soon. Hopefully the front section matches the rear section for color match. Since I took delivery of my Bronco 08/22 the sun exposure should not be that noticeable color matching, I hope.

Turn around time was pretty quick considering the shortage of hard tops Ford been complaining about. I initially went to dealer on Jan 16th for top cracking, was told they would call once the top came in. The dealer called me on the Jan 27th stating top came in. Set up for today to install. So a total of 9 business days for top to arrive from Detroit.

On a separate note as a FYI, the parts department told me today they were surprised at how fast it arrived from Detroit. I asked him where is the hardtop made, and said the top comes from 2 locations, somewhere in Italy and Wuhan China. Then from there to Detroit plant. Unbelievable to say the least, Wuhan China.
Speaking from experience... If your original top came with the headliner, make sure the dealer ordered and installed a headliner in your new top.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Speaking from experience... If your original top came with the headliner, make sure the dealer ordered and installed a headliner in your new top.
Ahh good call, I never even thought of that. Will have to see when they call me to pick it up. Thanks bud!

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I texted the tech this morning and he said the new top came without sound dampner. So he stated the dampner will be here this morning and then the windows go in. And hopefully pick up by end of the day.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I picked up the Grumpster from the dealer this afternoon. New top installed with new sound deadening. All looks good, no cracks anywhere and the color match between whole new rear section and t-section is spot on. Couldn't be happier.

Oh and they performed a recall update on a accessory protocol interface module software without me asking. All good!!

IMG_20230208_175208.jpg

IMG_20230208_175159.jpg

IMG_20230208_175221.jpg

IMG_20230208_175246.jpg

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just went out and checked my ‘22 Wildtrak now that you guys have me paranoid and zero issues anywhere at 4k miles, have an RCI Metalworks roof rack installed and it’s been loaded to the gills a few times and it goes through some pretty serious wheeling most weekends. The date on the top is 08/31/22, build date on the Bronco itself was 8/11/22.
Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking 3B40FBD2-5068-44F3-97A2-C31DE307FB30

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well my cracked top that was replaced was dated March 2022. And I was under the assumption that new updated top was performed for the 22 model. So I have not a clue if they have actually fixed it or not.
Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking IMG_20230106_152955

First Name
Voo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just went out and checked my ‘22 Wildtrak now that you guys have me paranoid and zero issues anywhere at 4k miles, have an RCI Metalworks roof rack installed and it’s been loaded to the gills a few times and it goes through some pretty serious wheeling most weekends. The date on the top is 08/31/22, build date on the Bronco itself was 8/11/22.
Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking IMG_20230106_152955
Yeah, same here, I just went and looked.
Mine is a '22 EG BD and looks like our primer was applied two days apart, and I'm at 3800 miles and zero issues. It's not my daily driver but it's been used a bunch. I'm hoping ours is not part of the previous group but I'll definitely be watching for it.

Starbuck

IMG_1251.jpg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following
If you press the watch button, you won’t need to comment “following” on every thread you want to keep track of.

Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking 7041C9C2-F9E4-4464-B53A-5294FE681BAC

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is really nothing to follow, the top has been replaced and all is good!

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update 05/08/23
I went out today to re-inspect the top today it is exactly to the day 90 days since dealership replaced. And of course I found 1 crack on the passenger side bottom near corner of the glass. Jeez luise, only 90 days and another crack. Also I have found a issue with the passenger side rear window strut brace. When you close it you can see the bottom strut brace moving slightly. I injected the brace and see that the bolt inserts are pulling out from the tops interior gel coat when the strut is compressing shut.

I'm going to wait another month and see if any other cracks show up, then go in to have service tech re-inspect.

IMG_20230508_163135.jpg

IMG_20230508_163820.jpg
Sponsored