First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, BMW X5 xDrive45e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you connect the driver side fog to the driver side pigtail behind the tow hook... you need to hookup both sides
Yes, I know your pigtails are good since I interchanged them to troubleshoot. I also swap the actual fogs and they are good.
Just to confirm this is still the correct config right on the BdyCM?
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did all OP steps somehow ended up with just power to the passenger side fog. Any idea or help will be appreciated.

AC485AB1-E58C-4EDC-9D90-7DC6F49F8F7F.jpeg
Odd that even your DRL don't seem to be working correctly. You wouldn't think the Forscan setting would affect once side and not the other but I really have no idea what could be going on there. I'd maybe start looking at fuses or anything upstream of that connector that might separate right from left channel.

TEEDEE

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Edge, 2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I know your pigtails are good since I interchanged them to troubleshoot. I also swap the actual fogs and they are good.
Just to confirm this is still the correct config right on the BdyCM?
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Have you figured out why only one fog light was illuminated? Was it the Forscan setting?

Luyi_PR

Badlands
First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, BMW X5 xDrive45e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you figured out why only one fog light was illuminated? Was it the Forscan setting?
Never found out... Had to connect both from the passenger connector. Working fine since.

Jshocker

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, GT500, Volvo XC90, Bronco, Transit250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Best factory switch option IMO...if you understand forscan and can locate the correct rear fog light wire to repurpose for second set of front driving light.

Thats what I did and love that I didn't eat up any upfitter switches and all my driving lights are in a factory location.

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220428_174326

Currently attemping to find a way to remove my ditch lights from an upfitter switch and place it on the 'puddle light' factory switches. Able to get then to work....just can't get rid of the 5mph auto shut off.
:unsure:

Any insight/help would be appreciated

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220627_202901
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220720_152713

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best factory switch option IMO...if you understand forscan and can locate the correct rear fog light wire to repurpose for second set of front driving light.

Thats what I did and love that I didn't eat up any upfitter switches and all my driving lights are in a factory location.

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220720_152713

Currently attemping to find a way to remove my ditch lights from an upfitter switch and place it on the 'puddle light' factory switches. Able to get then to work....just can't get rid of the 5mph auto shut off.
:unsure:

Any insight/help would be appreciated

Did you connect those fog kits to the factory connector behind the recovery hook cover? If so, did your fog lights require too much power to function? I've been considering upgrading my fog lights from the Oracle kit (which are currently hooked into the factory connector), but I've been concerned about the power requirements.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought from Panda Motorworks, and emailed them to configure the light pods I wanted in the kit. They were very helpful.
Cool. I am asking as the DD support says they can't be mounted upside down without modification, so I wonder if yours were modified.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. I am asking as the DD support says they can't be mounted upside down without modification, so I wonder if yours were modified.
I remember seeing a comment on that at one point, but honestly don't know what it was in reference to or why. The lenses are indexed and only fit one way, so you'd have to shave off the tab to flip the lens. Can you post a link to the reference so I can better understand the reasoning?

If needed, it would be really easy to shave off that tab and flip it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-2-sae-dot-yellow-pro-standard-led-pod-pair.html

Here is my question, and it's based on another question which I wanted to double-check.

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.42.09 AM
Thanks. That's a good point, and I wonder if it only applies to the Fogs and not the driving and combos. I'll have to reach out to them. It's not mentioned there, but the lenses have a tiny plastic protrusion that indexes the lens only one way. Hopefully just cutting that off and rotating the lens is good enough.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. That's a good point, and I wonder if it only applies to the Fogs and not the driving and combos. I'll have to reach out to them. It's not mentioned there, but the lenses have a tiny plastic protrusion that indexes the lens only one way. Hopefully just cutting that off and rotating the lens is good enough.
In the screenshot @evgenyvasenev posted, Diode Steve states that only the flood optics work well mounted sideways or upside down. All other optics should be mounted right side up.

That being said, I believe @4x4TruckLEDs.com stated at one point that the plastic protrusion can be cut off to invert the optics.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the screenshot @evgenyvasenev posted, Diode Steve states that only the flood optics work well mounted sideways or upside down. All other optics should be mounted right side up.

That being said, I believe @4x4TruckLEDs.com stated at one point that the plastic protrusion can be cut off to invert the optics.
Yes, I got the same answer from him. But I wonder if his kits are modified as the website has many lights to choose from.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only patterns that need to be flipped (lenses flipped) when mounting them upside down are the SAE/DOT Fog.

Spot lenses, Driving Lenses and Flood lenses produce the same output right side up or upside down.

Diode has a small indexing tab on the back of each lens to help them during manufacturing (quicker to drop them in the correct way). When you mount them upside down (which is the case with our fog kits) you'll want to rotate the lens/bezel 180 degrees so they are in the correct orientation. Then on the SAE/DOT Fog lenses, you just shave off the tiny little indexing tab on the back of the lens and you can rotate the lens 180 degrees. Real simple.

The SS3 don't require this because they don't have anything written on the actual bezel like the SSC2 do. And the mounting points on the SS3 are centered, so they sit right side up technically since the brackets can hang the light properly
Sponsored