First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Speak for yourself. It's functionality I want and use almost daily.

It's really annoying to have to duck down under the back when it's not lifted. Plus it gives me extra clearance to put my dog crate in the back.

The wavy windows have never bothered me.
Same. There's no way my Dog could hop in the back without the top being lifted.
Sponsored

Brooklyn01

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just noticed this 23 Outerbanks with an updated Soft Top.

Biggest difference is the sides of the top portion are doubled up with a seam and some insulation on the sides. Makes the top look tighter and might actually cut down some noise. Haven't driven it yet.

PXL_20230126_214919692.jpg
PXL_20230126_214928711.jpg
PXL_20230126_214942468.jpg
PXL_20230126_214938541.jpg
PXL_20230126_214932475.jpg
I wounded I don’t why I do this haha but if ford figures out how to make the soft top sturdy and wind noise down will there be a recall? Lol

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would someone be willing to take photos of the prior gen top from these same angles so we can see them side by side? Apologies if I missed if this is in the thread already.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wavy windows are not ideal but I soon forget about that when during the 8 months of summer in SoCal, I remove the windows and drop the top full-time. Soft Top crushes Hard Top - even with wavy windows.

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What a waste. That looks awful. Wavy windows no bueno

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too went with the fastback bestop and am VERY glad I did. I really don't understand the extreme hate for bestop v. Extreme love for OEM "features".

Aside from better/tighter looks, I can lift the rear window completely out of the way in about 3 seconds, while everyone is gushing over a short kickstand. 😁

As to your specific questions:

#1- I have only had water fall on me once. That was when I was parked on a slight incline, and when stepping out onto my powered steps the Bronco leaned just a bit more. Other than that, no problems the other dozens of times i have driven in rain.

#2 I just finished moving to a new house using only the Bronco and a trailer (except for my lathe, mill, and couch), via multiple short trips after work over the course of a month.

While I never did this with the old top, I also never felt that I needed more room with the bestop. My loads never even approached that upper corner.... The rollbar and speakers get in the way of any one item big enough to need that space, and I never felt the urge to stack boxes THAT high.

I say go for it. 😁
Awesome! Thanks!

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would someone be willing to take photos of the prior gen top from these same angles so we can see them side by side? Apologies if I missed if this is in the thread already.
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192826876

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192830206

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192836881

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192845880

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192856323
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco PXL_20230127_192852093

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow thank you sir.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We had a 4 door Wrangler for 5 years and I had my Bestop on my 2Dr Bronco all last spring/summer. Number of times in those 6ish years I wished I could left the rear of the top to access the back of either - 0.

It’s functionality no one was asking for. In exchange you get wavey windows no one wants.
Like others have said, I love the feature. I know of enough Jeepers that found crawling into the cargo area with the soft top cumbersome (me included, and aftermarket came up with solutions like the EZ Window for the jeep). Anyways, there was obviously enough discussion to warrant Ford to put time into developing the feature. IAG lift assist struts for the soft top rear seem to be a must-have mod for many soft top owners, which just further goes to show people are using the feature.

Wavy windows is a different issue altogether, but I get the necessity to make the feature happen, and I for one am okay with the sacrifice but I get that not everyone is.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still going to buy a hard top when ford makes them available, but something tells me I may end up feeling I wasted money when it creaks, leaks, and forces me to be strategic anytime I want to remove the top due to the panels needing to go somewhere. It just looks externally much better, but damn the soft top is insanely convenient as someone (me) who wants to go topless WHENEVER possible. I will say once I added a lift and 37s the softtop miraculously (to me) looked exponentially better. Not sure why, but seems it flows with a more rugged adventure/safari look. I still want that wiper and defroster though

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 631F0CF6-9445-4CED-B585-ED6E8B803BDE

Sponsored
OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wrinkles in the top side panels bother me way more than the wavy windows tbh. Looks like a 10yr old top even though its new.

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 1674851231614

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine for 3.5 months now with the factory soft top. Are the back/side windows wavy? sure.
Do I care? Not in the least.
It's like dating a supermodel and nitpicking that she has one pinky toe that's longer than the other. YOU'RE DATING A SUPERMODEL!!

Seriously - I don't even notice the wavy windows - every time I walk out to or drive this thing, all the other amazing aspects of it fill me with joy.

I've driven it through torrential rains in the middle of the desert, crazy cross winds on the same trip, up to the snow, and in the little bit of summer/autumn month I had left when I bought it .. .I have NO regrets about converting to a soft top from a hard top. This thing looks AMAZING, and I don't care that one of her pinky toes is longer than the other.

MJB08702.jpg

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the back still pops open 2 inches… try harder Ford!

JCSmith

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems to me that all of these common issues such as “wavy windows”, and better access to the cargo area, whether soft or hard top, could’ve been negated with a glass rear window that retracts into the tailgate like my ‘95 Bronco did. I haven’t had the pleasure of attempting to access the cargo area with a trailer attached, but I’m not looking forward to it.
May not be a popular opinion, but that would be “my” ultimate fix for this. Lol

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, this is what mine looked like when I first got it. After having it for just over a year and taking the top down a handful of times, it doesn't look like new in the slightest :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored