First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting that in the bronco nation video they mention dealers requiring a deposit because they want us to have skin in the game. They’re worried about unsold ordered bronco’s. I would imagine these would sell in mins and probably at a decent markup.
Except that I want a non-Sasquatch Antimatter Blue Base Bronco Manual with the roof rack, canoe mount, switches, a modular bumper / bash plates and a brush guard.

Probably not too popular of a configuration.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gezzzzz.....Him hinting that Sasquatch is limited really bothered me. He repeated it numerous times.

I have less confidence that I will get a 2021 model even though my reservation is beginning of August. Even folks that reserved in July but have poor dealer allocation may be 2022 customers.
I think he is hoping people take the hint.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Except that I want a non-Sasquatch Antimatter Blue Base Bronco Manual with the roof rack, canoe mount, switches, a modular bumper / bash plates and a brush guard.

Probably not too popular of a configuration.
Yea, interesting how the factory installed options will play in. I want a black base squatch, bash plates, hard top and aux switches. I would assume thats a popular easy to sell combo.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting that in the bronco nation video they mention dealers requiring a deposit because they want us to have skin in the game. They’re worried about unsold ordered bronco’s. I would imagine these would sell in mins and probably at a decent markup.
I think Ford's take on this is far different than the dealers. Ford wants deposits, dealers would rather let a customer cancel because they stand to make more profit on that cancelation.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford's take on this is far different than the dealers. Ford wants deposits, dealers would rather let a customer cancel because they stand to make more profit on that cancelation.
I emailed my guy at the dealer today and he said they are not expecting a down payment at the time the reservation gets converted to an order. Who feels like putting a substantial amount of money down on a vehicle that keeps sliding in schedule. Not to mention options like black tops sliding and sliding. Could easily be a year out before you see the damn thing. I’d understand if it was optioned out weird, but realistically these would sell immediately if a person backed out.

Sponsored

cdawg65

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 bronco2,2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sooo,buy a Sport,drive it for a couple of years,when the big ones start showing up on the lots trade it in . . . sounds good.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

M
I bet they'd be enthusiastic to tell you if it would mean you'd switch to them.
I think you'll find dealers don't want to post on public forums where other dealers could use that info to decide if they want to spend marketing money to try to get those customers to switch.

The Bronco reservation system was a good idea, it just needed more rules to keep it from becoming the mess it has become. If it had been done like the Mach E, I think things would be much smoother.

It was a good idea. From what I see, the fatal flaw was permitting the client to choose the dealer. Had Ford placed geographic limits on customers to support their dealers then this situation with giant dealers using marketing to amass more orders than they could satisfy wouldn’t have occured. I am surprised Ford didn’t do that, frankly. In Industrial Sales, there is such a thing as Territorial boundaries. A dealer of Brand X heavy equipment can sell only in their territory, and if a client from outside their territory comes to them, they MUST be referred to their local authorized dealer. If you sidestep that rule, you will (one) be imposed a financial penalty by the manufacturer (payable to the dealer whose business you stole) and two may lose your dealership if there are repeat offenses. Dealer /Manufacturer support is a two way street. Dealers pay to abide by Ford franchise guidelines and keep Ford stock in the lot. Ford needs to support their dealers in turn.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m wondering if I will still be close to the front of the line with an early reservation going for basemansquatch. I mean will I be further up in line for that since I have an early reservation even though it’s MY 22 in my understanding. I’m lucky because I have a lease that goes until November though. . I may also just change my mind and go basebase.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M

It was a good idea. From what I see, the fatal flaw was permitting the client to choose the dealer. Had Ford placed geographic limits on customers to support their dealers then this situation with giant dealers using marketing to amass more orders than they could satisfy wouldn’t have occured. I am surprised Ford didn’t do that, frankly. In Industrial Sales, there is such a thing as Territorial boundaries. A dealer of Brand X heavy equipment can sell only in their territory, and if a client from outside their territory comes to them, they MUST be referred to their local authorized dealer. If you sidestep that rule, you will (one) be imposed a financial penalty by the manufacturer (payable to the dealer whose business you stole) and two may lose your dealership if there are repeat offenses. Dealer /Manufacturer support is a two way street. Dealers pay to abide by Ford franchise guidelines and keep Ford stock in the lot. Ford needs to support their dealers in turn.
The core problem I have with this approach is how badly the local metro dealers treat their customers. I could NOT find a decent dealer within 20 miles of our home in Houston and I am going 26 miles to get to the one I have chosen to work with for the Bronco in the Seattle metro. I get why sales people like territories, means demographics give them a near guarantee. I picked a no-hassle, no-haggle dealer and interrogated everyone I knew (including people who work for Ford corporate) about the different options here to pick.

Carter VW in Ballard here has kept us sold on our existing VW’s for 8 additional years now, but product is why I’m not replacing it there (golf R no sunroof was a deal killer). They try hard and do a good job. I have been screwed by the ‘local’ Ford house so many times in my early car and truck ownership I wouldn’t get near them until motivated by my Bronco thirst.

MacHaik, McRee, Leif Johnson and ESPECIALLY Joe Meyers Ford have all done something deeply unpleasant to me. Middlekauff in Plano was eventually able to be forced into honoring the deal that got me to drive to them but it was my last new Ford for a reason. I *want* the Bronco. But it all depends on these dealer personnel not being awful. I’m old and my patience is thin. I am progressing towards converting my reservation to an order - but not with the folks 5 miles away because of how they responded about an oil change on our old F150. I’m 20 years on and I’m still mad about my deep wedgwood blue SportTrac that I never got.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering if I will still be close to the front of the line with an early reservation going for basemansquatch. I mean will I be further up in line for that since I have an early reservation even though it’s MY 22 in my understanding. I’m lucky because I have a lease that goes until November though. . I may also just change my mind and go basebase.
I have yet to see anything definitive that states we will be able to order 2022 options when we place our orders. I hope it's something that Ford considered, at least for ManSquatch, but don't have a good feeling about it. Unless our dealer can delay our order, early reservation holders may be out of luck.
Sponsored