Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait til those soft tops on Ice Mountain get hit. 😬
glad i never converted TBH lol. waiting alot longer but dang you right those ice mountain soft tops oooooofffffffffffffff

Reactions: Jdc

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m wondering if one could use a strap to pull the metal soft top frame down tight around the horizontal vehicle frame when winds are high.

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My soft-top Bronco was outside during the Blizzard we had here in Newport RI on Jan 29th for 12 plus hours with wind gusts up 60 mph. I was fully expecting to find snow in the Bronco the next morning but to my surprise there was none. It may have been how my Bronco was parked but it wasn't in protected area

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you said it is properly secured but did you double check the mid point latches above the b-pillar?

I have had to check other people's work when closing the top and more often then not they don't use enough force to engage the mid point latch.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are limits to what a soft top can be expected to do with that wind velocity. I would consider some type of car cover that you secure with extreme measures to keep the snow out. Hopefully there aren’t many blizzards like that.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHH.

For real though, terribly sorry to see this happen to anybody. Hope all gets remedied. Also hope the storm passes with no injuries

Jolyrogr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a convertible….. in a 50mph crosswind. Come on people. What do you expect?
I would totally expect this in a situation like that... on perhaps a 1969 Volkswagen Thing. If even that. I owned a 1989 Suzuki Samurai with a soft top. The cost of that car was $9995. Top never leaked once. Just as an example.
Come on man. Be real. This is a 2021 (probably) model of a >$50k automobile. NOT normal or expected. And I'm not knocking the Bronco. I have mine on order. But its an obvious flaw and growing pains of a brand new first gen model. Should be addressed.
Don't be that guy.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I can suggest (other than parking nose into the wind) is take a towel or something similar and kind of drape it over the top of the rollbar between the two layers of weatherstripping.

The top and bottom weatherstripping is only held together via tension between the front and rear structures in the soft top from what I could see when I looked into the system when I first got my Bronco.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m guessing the problems with the snow ❄ are less of a problem than the videos show of these rag tops in the rain ☔.
MIC top is far from perfect but still has many advantages.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check to see if you can push up the top from the inside over the rear door. A lot of the broncos don't clip property there when the top is down. There are two clips over the rear doors and two at the visor. Mine were not adjusted from the factory correctly and would not latch at all.
Sponsored