Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that this does not fit if the soft top is installed (open or closed)
might have to use longer bungee cords. I'll let you know when mine arrives. Otherwise, I'll be getting a full car cover for if the weather gets this bad. I'll be getting a hard top at some point as well.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A guy named Tyrone Raddi(may have misspelled the name) on the Facebook Bronco groups had this problem, everyone doubted the validity of his claims. Everyone slammed him here and there that he knowingly and purposefully put his soft top down in a blizzard.
Thank you for backing up this claim.
I think the reason people doubted his was due the amount of snow that was in there. This instance doesn't have near as much as that person did. A lot of people thought that the latch at the midpoint of the top might not have been fully engaged as well. I knew when ordering a soft top to get it quicker that there might be a risk in extreme weather conditions. If you live in an area prone to this and don't have a garage, It would probably be better to wait longer for the hard top or invest in a full car cover for situations like this.

Sponsored

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not that surprised that this can happen. I guess it's a good idea for people who live in areas where this type of weather happens a couple times a year to invest in a car cover for these storms, or just a tarp that you can weigh down or something.

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
This isn't about the "blizzard"... it's about the soft top not having enough tension.

I too have a soft top and live in a cold climate. While I've had no issues with it through a couple of snow storms, I did have an issue during a windy day a couple of months ago. We were sitting in the car when the wind was hitting it from the side, and you could feel the wind and see daylight through the top side seal.

I've had a Wrangler for years with a soft top and never saw anything similar. This was clearly a top that is not tight enough between the front windshield and where it attaches on the side. All these tops are made the same. If you haven't seen it on yours yet, you almost certainly will. If you even just try to separate the top from the seal on the side of the truck with your hand, you will see the issue right away. It's too loose.

I will likely try some velcro on the along those seals, or find a way to adjust the tension tighter. It seems pretty clear that something is off here.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm in Houston, no worries about snow at all. BUT we have hurricanes and heavy crossing rains. I'm worry about water intrusion into the cabin.

Bronco could sleep in the garage, but what about a storm during driving?
Houston area here. Haven't been through a hurricane yet but I did drive through a very wicked storm not long ago. It did pretty good. Had strong winds for a moment. But nothing crazy never really worried on it the entire time. But guess we will see come hurricane season lol

azrugger

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm squarely in the "c'mon seriously" camp on these issues. To expect a soft top to keep out the elements in a blizzard with 60 mph winds is asking a lot. I saw someone questioning if a Jeep soft top would have these issues? Absolutely. I can't speak to snow, but I spent the first 35+ years of my life in AZ and have owned 1 Willy's and 3 Wranglers, two with soft tops (one factory, one aftermarket) and after every apocalyptic dust storm (officially called haboobs, high winds, dust, sand, etc) the interiors of my jeeps with soft tops would be covered with not only dust, but also sand and other debris. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to post because the last jeep I owned was about 10 years ago.

Currently I live in the soggy PNW, and I opted not to convert my Badlands Squatch order to a soft top because of my previous experiences with my jeeps. I don't care if it's 1998, 2022, or 2035 a soft top will only ever keep the majority of weather from the interior of your vehicle. To expect anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Heres an example of a the dust storms I'm referencing.

Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 1643914063916

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait til those soft tops on Ice Mountain get hit. 😬
I thought the same thing. Maybe this will speed the process up for the soft tops and Ford will try to get the soft tops off Ice Mountain sooner to save them from the elements. Which would put the hard tops waiting longer because the elements aren’t as big of an issue for them. Which would mean I would have to wait longer because I have a hard top. Ahh, get me out of this rabbit hole! 😱 I’m spiraling fast here!

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to do this from mobile, any recourse from ford or the dealer do you think? We all questioned the other gentleman who posted his bronco full of snow so I figured I’d get video evidence! Mines getting hit with a 90km crosswind in a blizzard and you can see the soft top isn’t doing much to keep it out!!! Going to go move it to see if I can limit its exposure to the wind…. Anyone have any ideas?
At a minimum, I would take some plastic wrap and wrap it tight all the way around where the soft top meets the side then tuck it tight or tie it. I did this for a broken window, not a drop came in. Good luck.
Sponsored