Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

okok, maybe my eyes are not correct - BUT just for fun, I would now like the number...... let's see if we can dig that up. Now I just gotta know
and, I didnt "just stop in" - I've been on this forever.
AND, I'm not a "troll" (keeping my order) - I'm expressing an opinion & experience. You dont need to erase that by labeling me.
chage the thread title! You might get better conversation. “the view from the driver set is narrow IMO.” Something like that people will have a conversation about!
Sponsored

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually will agree with OP on one thing.... the beltline on the new Bronc is way too damn high, resulting in smaller windows than necessary.

The result is less visibility, AND it honestly looks bad. I still love this bronco, and overall the design is incredible! But Ford could make it even better by simply lowering that beltine. It will be really interesting to see what the first refresh and first redesign look like.
Go Buy an 80’s Nissan Stanza if you need more windows!

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Visibility was one of my big worries coming from owning a Ram 2500 and then after sitting in a wrangler had me even more worried. Then, after sitting in that red fishing concept Bronco, I was happy with the visibility. Of course wasn't as good as my truck but also didn't feel pressured like the wrangler. Overall I'm not worried right now but that could definitely change after driving it for awhile. Could end up hating the visibility or might get used to it and not even think about it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I find strange, is out of the hundreds of people who have driven one so far this is the very first time I have seen this complaint mentioned.....
He is hardly the first to make this observation. Just did it in a way that drew some attention.

Sponsored

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s not how triangles and perspective works
No kidding, if you change a camera angle things look different? That's amazing. The statement was " There's maybe 6" between the dash and bottom of the rearview mirror." From the perspective of that photo, it looks higher than 6 inches to me. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, at this point I don't really know. I'll bet it won't be long before we have a photo of a tape measure from the dash to the mirror and the statement will either be proven right or wrong regardless of anyone's perspective.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may suck, but does it swallow is what I want to know? lol 🐴🥌

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude. Fuck everyone talking shit about how you feel. Quoting my own post from my own reaction from sitting in one.

I genuinely didn't expect such a short windshield. I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that.
Its funny how this place is full of whiners complaining about people whining about opinions they don’t like.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, I would of payed for merch if they had it at the event.
me too, lost opportunity there, they could make up for quite some of the gas money if they sold merch. I'd have bought a hat and shirt (if they look nice) for sure. I got a cheap hook to clip on my water bottle :-D

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so now I was curious and went to measure, on my 03 Taco it's about 8.5 inches from bottom of mirror to dash, on my wife's Passat, about 7.5 and Bronco is a bit tighter, reminded me of the Wrangler we rented in Moab for a week. But I think the steeper windshield might also add to this, my Taco is more raked back and the Passat even more, so there's more glass to look through, might just give the illusion of "more window", even if it's not really.
Anybody going to one of the next events, maybe measure the windshield height? I felt more like in a cockpit of some sorts than say a van, but I lowered the seats in both I sat in too, I'm 6'3'' so mirrors can get in the way no matter what car. I also sit far back and tilted back, I like to drive with my arms bent only at a light angle, top of steering wheel I can pretty much stretch my arms out fully.

So I'm almost tempted to say 6 inches might just be right, just seemed ridiculous looking a a tape sitting at my desk. But it might not be far off.

How tall is the windshield in a Wrangler and for those that have one, how does it compare if you got to sit in a Bronco? Seemed totally fine to me, just different. But not like I can't see where I'm going.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Plug In has excellent visibility and mileage... and you can stick an entire mattress in the back for overlanding..

Why not get that? (hopefully you are ahead of me on the Bronco reservation list)

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS Pacifica
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.