Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just sat in 2 at Walnut Creek Ford.

Visibility sucks.
There's maybe 6" between the dash and bottom of the rearview mirror.
Side and back windows feel small too.
Overall feels dark and small inside.

I'm still keeping my order.
Seriously dude if you're going to make up some BS at least be believable. If there was only 6" it wouldn't meet safety regulations. There are literally hundreds of walk-around and ride-along reviews on this site and its more than obvious its anything but small and dark.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously dude if you're going to make up some BS at least be believable. If there was only 6" it wouldn't meet safety regulations. There are literally hundreds of walk-around and ride-along reviews on this site and its more than obvious its anything but small and dark.
Did you sit in one?
If you had a different experience, great for you.
I am sharing my experience. Please dont call me a liar.
.....Well see, I am sure with all the events happening, a photo of the actual dimension will be posted today or tomorrow. I'm sticking with the 6" claim.
Obviously its taller in the direct field of view for the driver - but the cluster of all things rear view does take up a good deal of width.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had already said my piece in this thread but this picture just showed up in my inbox. Yikes! :eek:

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS unnamed

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dammit... the GF told me to take the tape measure, to resolve the bickering... but I didn’t. I’ll be sure to do that in the morning though... and try to get pics of the shocks and all for @North7 ... there’s just so much to take in here with all of the EBs and the 6Gs... you kinda forget things. 🤪

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I scaled it in Bluebeam using the 12inch screen to calibrate it. :)

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS unnamed
This is great. Cant wait to see actual dims I think you are probably super close.
I wonder what percent of the overall width of the windshield - the mirror cluster is.... 25%?? 20%?
It would be fun to do a comparison between this, a Wrangler, an FJ, & F150. Show the % of visible glass for each.....who has the time I sure dont...

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually will agree with OP on one thing.... the beltline on the new Bronc is way too damn high, resulting in smaller windows than necessary.

The result is less visibility, AND it honestly looks bad. I still love this bronco, and overall the design is incredible! But Ford could make it even better by simply lowering that beltine. It will be really interesting to see what the first refresh and first redesign look like.
I think the chopped look is bitchin!

Of course Im also a hotrodder who grew up with 30’-40’s cars

And an early Bronco owner who is use to the top of the windshield right at eye level! So you don’t need visors!
And gives you a close personal view of the wiper mechanisms in action!
Lol!

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you sit in one?
If you had a different experience, great for you.
I am sharing my experience. Please dont call me a liar.
.....Well see, I am sure with all the events happening, a photo of the actual dimension will be posted today or tomorrow. I'm sticking with the 6" claim.
Obviously its taller in the direct field of view for the driver - but the cluster of all things rear view does take up a good deal of width.
I have not sat in one but there are a ton of photos and videos, poor visibility and small and dark isn't something that comes to mind. If its really this bad reviewers aren't reporting it. The overall visibility out the windshield looks excellent to me. On most vehicles the windscreen is highly canted. This makes it appear bigger but peripheral visibility is better on a more vertical windscreen like Bronco. I watched the Base walk-around video and it includes some great footage of the reviewer sitting in the back and front seat. He boasted about the amount of headroom and sense of spaciousness. I don't see the "small and dark" attribute. The side windows if anything are quite large. I don't think you are a liar or a troll but I hope you're wrong that would be a deal breaker for me. Maybe you are comparing it to much larger vehicles or it was a dark day?

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is great. Cant wait to see actual dims I think you are probably super close.
I wonder what percent of the overall width of the windshield - the mirror cluster is.... 25%?? 20%?
It would be fun to do a comparison between this, a Wrangler, an FJ, & F150. Show the % of visible glass for each.....who has the time I sure dont...
These dimensions are typical for most vehicles. Remember these dimensions are assuming the windscreen is 90 degrees and doesn't account for any slant.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so I am bored and had a few beers so I am replying to this comment. This brought up a moment of absolute fail from my girlfriend about eleven years ago. We were in a resort in Mexico. They did activities by the pool. They had a drinking contest. Men v men. Women v women. My GF (at the time) can absolutely drink about everything. Beer is actually her least favorite. She prefers Bourbon, Red Bull and Vodka, Martinis more of the hard stuff. But she puts her hat in the ring. The first few rounds she is crushing it. She is very attractive and we are from Ohio so they were calling her Miss Ohio. I'm standing in the pool with other guys. A girl lost to another participant and had to jump in the pool. She is about ten years younger than my GF. She swims up to her dude after loosing and said that sucked. I tried. He responds that it is okay because there is no way you were beating Miss Ohio.

So Miss Ohio is crushing it and makes it to the finals. She is up against Train Wreck. I don't really know her name but that's what we started calling her after the display we saw the night before from her. This girl was an absolute train wreck. So get to the point right?

The finals round was you had to drink through a straw. The DJ hands the mic to train wreck asking her why she thinks she can win. Train wreck says because I like to suck!!! Everyone cheers. He hands the mic to Miss Ohio and asks the same. Utter fail on her part. Everyone knows what she needed to say. It was her moment!

She says, "I am in it to win it....."

She crushed her on the drinking thing and got a big old bottle of El Jimador as a prize. Then the dude that won the men's contest challenged her to a drink off. It was too close to call. We then spent the next hour killing that bottle between me, Miss Ohio, men's winner and his girl. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It was an all inclusive. We could have saved the bottle. We were all too drunk to function after that.

Miss Ohio. I love and miss you girl. You and I both know that when Train Wreck said she is going to win because she likes to suck that you needed to come back with, "I am going to win because I swallow" Mic drop that shit. Crowd goes crazy in the moment but you? "In it to win it" Seriously?

We have actually revisited this moment many times. Miss Ohio is absolutely ashamed of herself that she did not go with this statement in her time of fame. She is not happy with herself as I have rightfully told her she should not be.
“That’s what she said” lol

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the chopped look is bitchin!

Of course Im also a hotrodder who grew up with 30’-40’s cars

And an early Bronco owner who is use to the top of the windshield right at eye level! So you don’t need visors!
And gives you a close personal view of the wiper mechanisms in action!
Lol!
Suddenly it's all making sense! I was never a hot rod guy... Just not my bag. But I absolutely love the old thunderbirds from I think the 50s? Same with the f100s.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.