Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. The fanbois around here are pretty surprising. This is usually something you expect from pre-teens fighting over video game consoles and cell phones. Seeing it from grown ass men is absolutely hilarious.
when the new defender was going through it's show off stage before reviewers got a hold of it, the forums there were just like this. people were complaining about the feel of the door handles, the texture of the centre console, you name it. here you got guys complaining about the rear view mirror and that the they have to wait to get it still in the middle of a pandemic.
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, guys and gals.....(drumroll)....I was in Townsend today with a tape measure, and the vertical MEASURED distance mirror bottom to dash is right at eight (8) inches.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

....and the spaces below the floor in cargo area are too small for ARB’s smaller compressor.
The 2 door cargo space measures 42” by 42”....21” of which is to the edge of the folded rear seat.
I’m assuming/hoping that someone in the aftermarket engineers a storage drawer that fits that 21 x 42 space behind the seat and will measure level up to the folded seat level....for the riding comfort of my two [2] chocolate labs.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, guys and gals.....(drumroll)....I was in Townsend today with a tape measure, and the vertical MEASURED distance mirror bottom to dash is right at eight (8) inches.
OMFG I APPOLOGISE TO EVERONE!!!!!
(still felt like limited outward visibility to me....but that's just me)

Skeptical-Anchor-Ron-Burgandy-To-Be-Embarrassed-Gif-In-Anchorman.gif

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And for reference, these distances are from my 1998 Wrangler TJ, both measured vertical:
mirror bottom to dash = 7.5"
Widow top to dash = 12.75"

I'm 5'10" and haven't had an issue with visibility out of the TJ. But perhaps someone coming from a car frame of reference, could need some adjustment time.

Unless the new Bronco windshield top edge is at a lower point, I don't see the view being an issue.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sincerely hope you, and the other people jumping on OP's case, are man enough to apologize when he was proven right.

7". He estimated 6".
I apologize and was wrong. I should have measured my own vehicle before shooting off my mouth. My Mazda6 is about the same when measured vertically from the dash as was done here, so 7" it pretty typical I would say. Nobody wants a small dark SUV with bad visibility. I can't see the Bronco getting the kind of reviews it does if this was the case, and it certainly doesn't look small and dark in any of the videos I've watched. So I respect the OPs option if its legit but I sure hope he's got it wrong...

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize and was wrong. I should have measured my own vehicle before shooting off my mouth. My Mazda6 is about the same when measured vertically from the dash as was done here, so 7" it pretty typical I would say. Nobody wants a small dark SUV with bad visibility. I can't see the Bronco getting the kind of reviews it does if this was the case, and it certainly doesn't look small and dark in any of the videos I've watched. So I respect the OPs option if its legit but I sure hope he's got it wrong...
I dont think its that I am wrong or right, its just sharing my experience.
Some people will feel the same - others will feel the opposite.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
OMFG I APPOLOGISE TO EVERONE!!!!!
(still felt like limited outward visibility to me....but that's just me)

Skeptical-Anchor-Ron-Burgandy-To-Be-Embarrassed-Gif-In-Anchorman.gif
Maybe you're overly concentrated on that area under the mirror. The visibility certainly doesn't suck in this video:

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're an honorable man and I respect you. More than most on here. Well done.

I dont think its that I am wrong or right, its just sharing my experience.
Some people will feel the same - others will feel the opposite.
I stand by your assessment and agree. Felt small to me too. Visibility is not what I'm used to. Hoping I grow to get used to it.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you're overly concentrated on that area under the mirror. The visibility certainly doesn't suck in this video:

Where's the camera, definitely not strapped to the head rest.
I was sharing my overall experience - the distance from between the mirror and dash was one factor.
Maybe its a product of driving vehicles with raked windshields, and getting in this with a flat one.
Been awhile since I was in a Beetle or Jeep

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for the community Rick, for the COMMUNITY..... of aggressive, mean spirited "Bronco lovers"
Could not sit in it, but the 6’ 4” 320 guy fit in there, and has an jeep unlimited.
Said there is more room. He held up my ruler, and it looks to be between 7-1/2 inches below mirror to dash or top of switches.
All i can do Buddy!

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS 43DB5C26-6C21-41BC-A8F2-F173741E495F

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS 31D6AA95-83E3-40CB-8A56-005F5C3786A3

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS ECF8829E-09FD-443C-9EA1-06B66DC7B335

Ford Bronco VISIBILITY SUCKS 8CA0760E-4DA3-406E-8B61-D69507F8935C

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I stand by your assessment and agree. Felt small to me too. Visibility is not what I'm used to. Hoping I grow to get used to it.
My thoughts exactly. Along with poor view out the rear windows. I’ll have to get used to the tiny mirrors lol.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly. Along with poor view out the rear windows. I’ll have to get used to the tiny mirrors lol.
I'm sure I will grow to love it - always weird sitting in a new car when you spend so much time in the one you own. Going from an F150 daily to a Bronco daily.... should be interesting

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where's the camera, definitely not strapped to the head rest.
I was sharing my overall experience - the distance from between the mirror and dash was one factor.
Maybe its a product of driving vehicles with raked windshields, and getting in this with a flat one.
Been awhile since I was in a Beetle or Jeep
90% of it was likely the more upright windshield you mention. That does cause more of a closed off or tunnel look, compared to a more raked windshield. A Bronco and car can have similar rear view mirror height and windshield height, but the rake on a car will provide more of a view and feel less closed off.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

90% of it was likely the more upright windshield you mention. That does cause more of a closed off or tunnel look, compared to a more raked windshield. A Bronco and car can have similar rear view mirror height and windshield height, but the rake on a car will provide more of a view and feel less closed off.
It will all work out in the end.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.