Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It really sucks. Sorry to hear that OP.

This is why I switched back to my beater car for most of the daily commute.
Driving the new bronco some times can be stressful for me.

In the bronco I always have to out for other idiot drivers, park in a safe spot to avoid door dings and theft, follow only behind certain cars to avoid windshield chips, etc ,etc...
I have noticed that people in parking lots are messing with me now. I too park out in the boon docks when I park. I mean the parking lot next door to the parking lot where I want to park. I will come out of the store/whatever and some knuckle head will have chosen to park whatever POS that they are driving next to my Bronco . . . what gives . . . I was thinking of taking pictures every time that this happens and starting a blog about it but my wife reminded me that I have a business to run, three kids to raise, food to put on the table and two dogs to walk so I really don't have the time. I am thinking of assigning it to my Administrative Assistant, thoughts?
Sponsored

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks. I got hit by a red light runner in October of 21 waiting on my full size order (which i put in in May of 2021). So I ordered a sport cuz they said a few months real quick to get it in. Nope a lot longer and oops they forgot to put the order in, so I got a great truck just a little more than it normally would have cost but exactly what I wanted with very low miles in mint condition. then I started having to drive A LOT like 36k miles plus a year and even though getting 17mpg in a fullsize v8 truck was good, it wasn't enough so I sold the truck and got a v6 mustang manual that I could get 30mpg on the highway in. then surprise your broncosport badlands order is in super early so I had to sell the stang a month later and do it myself cuz their offer was so bad (great dealership for buying no markups or bullshit but terrible of trade in value) and now after 6 months of having my broncosport badlands they say hey good news Ford prioritized old orders and yours will be here in a month or two. Really I could have skipped the order but I really wanted them so I've taken about $3,000 loss on buying cars then having to sell them fast. Anyways I have a broncosport badlands that I love to death and I'm not sure I want to trade it in for my fullsize and lose the depreciation and mpg and it really is perfect for me since I don't off-road very hard, just mud and snow and its still in perfect condition with like 9k miles, and I can't afford both payments so if your still looking in January then maybe we can do something where you get my order but its a base manual with literally no options in white. But better than another two year wait. I know it might be tricky though with Fords new policy that orders have to go to the person the name is for on title.

Roundrocktx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is350c, F-150, F-250 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving 75MPH down a 2 lane highway after dark, a deer appeared on the side of the road and started to cross. I thought I could clear him by swerving, since he wasn't moving very fast. I thought I was by her when I felt and heard a big thump. When I was able to pull over after a couple miles, I assumed the worst. I expected a big dent in my Bronco and probably damaged the tail light, etc. I thought the deer hit on the passenger side door of my 2 door Badlands.

I was shocked to find that the rear fender was damaged and the tire and rim had remnants of what you would expect. There was no other damage. Shout out to the Bronco. I think I was fortunate that the stout design and relatively heavy steel made it much better than it could have been.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have noticed that people in parking lots are messing with me now. I too park out in the boon docks when I park. I mean the parking lot next door to the parking lot where I want to park. I will come out of the store/whatever and some knuckle head will have chosen to park whatever POS that they are driving next to my Bronco . . . what gives . . . I was thinking of taking pictures every time that this happens and starting a blog about it but my wife reminded me that I have a business to run, three kids to raise, food to put on the table and two dogs to walk so I really don't have the time. I am thinking of assigning it to my Administrative Assistant, thoughts?
I park where it doesn't stand out too much. So not too far where people see it right away.
I usually blend in with nicer or clean cars. I would glace their doors and paints. If they are ding free and shiny I know they also value their cars. If option not available, I would find a park end so at least one side is protected. If option still not available I would shop/dine else where xD

You see my pain now? lol

TMars

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CyberOrange 2D Badlands LuxTow SansSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something similar happen a few weeks into ownership. The difference was that I got hit on the side in the passenger wheel that dragged down to the rear. No airbags deployed on mine. The total was around $14k or so on mine.

Being new, you might not have it totaled. It will just take a while to get it repaired. Mine was 3 months, with waiting for parts being a good portion of it.

Things I learned with the other insurance paying for things to get repaired...the body shop works for you. The other insurance is only paying the tab. So find one that you are comfortable with. Ask for a rental vehicle. I specifically asked for a truck because I didn't have anything else to haul my trailer and at least needed a bed for hauling purposes. Lastly, once everything is done and you have it back. Ask for diminished value. That is the loss in value of your vehicle because it has now been in an accident. I recommend getting an independent appraiser. I did that and was the best $350 I've spent. With their help, I got double what the insurance company was offering. Ended up being about $6300 for diminished value. Not as much as I wanted but more than they offered.
Good information I hope I never need.

Thank you!

Sponsored

TMars

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CyberOrange 2D Badlands LuxTow SansSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is still dealing with injuries as is her mother who was a passenger (we have a lawyer so please don’t offer up recommendations or solicitations). I believe the Bronco offered a lot of protection considering the nature of the crash.

I hope OP is able to get easy resolution to the accident and is compensated fairly like we were.
I hope they are ok.

OP
OP

BLafferty

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Chevy Black Widow, 22 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got her back after 4 months. Cost her insurance company $35k+ to fix it. I'm happy to have it back. So far, no issues. Thanks to all that commented and sent their best wishes!
Ford Bronco Waited 654 days to get her...only to have her taken away by someone else's inability to drive 3 weeks later B2

Ford Bronco Waited 654 days to get her...only to have her taken away by someone else's inability to drive 3 weeks later B1

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That super sucks. Glad no one was hurt but with air bags gone off it will most likely be totaled out. Does not help you though as getting another Bronco is real tough. One option is to find a source that can salvage this Bronco and buy it back. Go from salvage to rebuild title. It's value will be greatly reduced forever and no financing either. Rebuilds are not for everyone but is a possible remote option.

OP
OP

BLafferty

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Chevy Black Widow, 22 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That super sucks. Glad no one was hurt but with air bags gone off it will most likely be totaled out. Does not help you though as getting another Bronco is real tough. One option is to find a source that can salvage this Bronco and buy it back. Go from salvage to rebuild title. It's value will be greatly reduced forever and no financing either. Rebuilds are not for everyone but is a possible remote option.
See previous post. They fixed it.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on getting her fixed. And you must be the Brian with a functioning sarcasm filter because I’m not sure that would’ve been my response. I have to remind myself that not everyone is a thorough reader of threads. 🤦‍♂️🤣

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got her back after 4 months. Cost her insurance company $35k+ to fix it. I'm happy to have it back. So far, no issues. Thanks to all that commented and sent their best wishes!
Ford Bronco Waited 654 days to get her...only to have her taken away by someone else's inability to drive 3 weeks later B1

Looks great. Am sure you are really happy to have it back! Enjoy it!
Sponsored