First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hurt me to see that! I’m sorry this happened to you.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stuff like this scares me only because you never seem to get actual replacement cost. Right now if you walk out to a lot (assuming you can find one) sticker price would be 10k+ over msrp.

I'd say see what their offer is, then call a lawyer if need be.

Glad nobody (in your vehicle) was hurt.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I think I want a sexy rock crawler bumper, I see pics like this and it steers me back to wanting the ARB bumper 😅

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am sick to my stomach. Finally got my baby after 654 days from placing the initial order. Had her for 3 weeks only to have someone think that a flashing yellow turn signal means "F*ck it, go!" instead of "Yield to oncoming traffic". Not sure if it's totaled or not yet. Luckily, no one was hurt. Vehicles can be replaced. People can't. Trying to remained focused on that at the moment.

Accident5.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Accident4.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident5.jpg

Accident1.jpg
Ugh this is awful and I sense the frustration (as we all would be).

i for one am glad you are here to post this thread.

I hope they total it as the wait is not long anymore. You don’t want that one it’s been wrecked hard with airbag deployment.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It really sucks. Sorry to hear that OP.

This is why I switched back to my beater car for most of the daily commute.
Driving the new bronco some times can be stressful for me.

In the bronco I always have to out for other idiot drivers, park in a safe spot to avoid door dings and theft, follow only behind certain cars to avoid windshield chips, etc ,etc...

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sick to my stomach. Finally got my baby after 654 days from placing the initial order. Had her for 3 weeks only to have someone think that a flashing yellow turn signal means "F*ck it, go!" instead of "Yield to oncoming traffic". Not sure if it's totaled or not yet. Luckily, no one was hurt. Vehicles can be replaced. People can't. Trying to remained focused on that at the moment.

Accident5.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Accident4.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident5.jpg

Accident1.jpg
Wow that was a hard hit. Anytime the air bags deploy its a big deal and a major rebuild. Looks like the curtain airbag went off on the left side. One thing for sure, the Bronco seems to be a very safe when it comes to collisions. Be prepared for a fight when it comes to assigning fault. Having the front of your vehicle hit the side of another, they will attempt to assign part blame on you even if the other guy ran a red light. Unfortunately I've been there done that.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear and glad no one was hurt. If they total it I would make sure to fight for added cost if you have to buy one off the lot, if you can find one..
I think it would be extremely difficult to get anything more than MSRP. Typically you don't even get that because cars depreciate when they are driven off the lot.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think it would be extremely difficult to get anything more than MSRP. Typically you don't even get that because cars depreciate when they are driven off the lot.
Have you looked at used cars lately???

Randm

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Accident5.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Accident4.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident5.jpg

, this wil
Thants awful, sorry to see that.

My insurance company would automatically declare total if the air bags deploy.

I know it's horrible to take it, but you're better off with a total. Go order a new one. This would be on its permanent record for one thing.

A few tears ago somebody ran a stop sign and hit my mustang. Didn't seem bad but insurance e accidently marked it as total. I fought to keep it and they realized that it was an error to declare total over jist 6k damages. Had it repaired by top of the line people. Fords choice.

Car has ne er been thr same since, i can feel it in the wheel.

Get yourself a new bronco, this was was too nice and they wanted it back in heaven.

Sponsored

Sotuni

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I had a similar experience as OP recently and thought I’d share. I ordered a Bronco big bend for my wife around August ‘21 and we got it late July ‘22. About 5 weeks later another driver ran a stop sign from a side street onto a highway while my wife was driving. My wife t-boned the other car going somewhere between 40-45 mph. The main impact on the Bronco was to the front driver side. The damage looked slightly worse than pictures OP posted.

Liability for the accident was pretty straightforward. The police report indicated the other driver failed to yield and was 100% responsible.

After about 2 weeks the Bronco was declared a total loss. I was really nervous about the payout amount but was really surprised that my insurance company (GEICO) offered full replacement cost. They ended up giving us about 18k over sticker price. Some of that was for taxes so it ended up being close to 15k over.

Fortunately I was able to find a nice replacement with a markup closer to 4k. I normally wouldn’t have been willing to pay more than MSRP but figured it was a decent deal considering the circumstances.

My wife is still dealing with injuries as is her mother who was a passenger (we have a lawyer so please don’t offer up recommendations or solicitations). I believe the Bronco offered a lot of protection considering the nature of the crash.

I hope OP is able to get easy resolution to the accident and is compensated fairly like we were.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man that sucks. I would say its totalled. I hope it all works out in your favor. My wife just got into an accident last night with our black diamond. It was her fault didnt see a car coming from the right while pulling out on a blind curve. Impact was on the front bumper it appears to have no frame or paint damage just the bumper grill and some of the plastic behind the grill and bumper. To my surprise no air bags deployed. From what I understand the Toyota she hit was barely driveable she drove her bronco home no problem. I am glad it had the standard steel bumper!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear. If the vehicle is totaled and your cut a check or replacement, there are quite a few low miles broncos on cars.com/cargurus. The high priced broncos aren’t selling and prices cut by thousands of dollars. Some of them are close to msrp or slightly under. Just have to hunt a bit for the right one.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/82eed538-2b64-4158-9583-04ef1bea5150/

Last edited:

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Accident5.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Accident4.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident5.jpg

Accident1.jpg
I know the feeling. I waited 405 days for mine and 20 miles down the road a teenager ran a stop sign and took out my entire passenger side and front and rear bumpers.
Sponsored