Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was given to understand that BD/BL also had a different floorpan to promote drainage, but this is all kind of crazy to me when it's perfectly obvious that a minimal investment in time and money can resolve anyone's concern over the material on the 2nd row seats' back, regardless of which trim you choose.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can’t wait to read all the complaints after the first rain when the forum is flooded with “my roof leaks”. Because at that time you would have actually spent hard earned money on a Bronco.

Right now there is a lot of concerns about a vehicle that isn’t even on sale till next year.

I can’t wait to post up it’s part of the JEEP, I mean Bronco ownership experience to have a leaky roof. I have had two different roofs (premium soft top and hard top) and neither one has ever leaked on me, but the internet will convince you that all roofs leak.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't imagine sitting heavy cargo on the back of seats layered in vinyl. Durability of marine grade vinyl is fine for withstanding rain and butts but I can't see it doing very well if it was loaded with anything heavy with edges that are remotely sharp like most furniture. It may not tear but I could see it getting all marked up. I'll take carpet over vinyl on the back of my seats any day, water-resistant or not.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on the discussion, sounds like this is an opportunity for Ford to differentiate Bronco from the competition. Jeep may have "Trail Rated", but Ford can have:

Pee Rated
Poop Rated
Vomit Rated

Latter is for that friend who can't hold his liquor after a night of drinking. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Certainly no reason for some of the people (not @ you) to act the way they have towards the OP.
I chalk it up to maturity level and some people's inability to read or interpret what someone else is trying to say. People on the internet get great pleasure in trying to make others look stupid. Been that way since the beginning.

And I will say this. Many people here have never used an SUV for any sort of actual "utility". And it shows.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I chalk it up to maturity level and some people's inability to read or interpret what someone else is trying to say. People on the internet get great pleasure in trying to make others look stupid. Been that way since the beginning.

And I will say this. Many people here have never used an SUV for any sort of actual "utility". And it shows.
Calling them illiterate and claiming you have a superior grasp of how to properly use an SUV will probably get them to stop picking on you. Textbook job of shutting down h8trez! (y)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Calling them illiterate and claiming you have a superior grasp of how to properly use an SUV will probably get them to stop picking on you. Textbook job of shutting down h8trez! (y)
Cleaning fish on your backseats and having random dogs poop in your vehicle is obviously proper SUV utilization. :ROFLMAO:

Also, a little bit of carpet isn’t going to matter. Go look at any pictures of a bass boat

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Didn't call anyone illiterate. People in this thread have not even taken the time to read before chiming in with their smart ass replies. I said no less than three times I wasn't expecting the interior to stand up to a hose down or a pressure washer. More the ability to easily wipe down the whole interior when it gets dirty. Including the cargo area. But yet people keep replying with that comment. I said twice the examples I used were "possible" worst case scenarios. But people pick that little bit and roll with it trying to make me look like some sort of moron that cuts fish in the trunk or lets a dog shit in my vehicle. And never even said I have a superior grasp on how to use an SUV. I have and still do use mine for actual utility purposes. People who are replying with the silly ass comments either haven't or don't plan to.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was under the impression that the Washout Interior also provided the silicone seals on all switch gear to make the dash essentially splash-proof and thus you could more safely drive without the roof on in all conditions.

This thread seems to be entirely about the floor and trunk carpet, so perhaps i'm mistaken and the additional waterproofing is across all trim levels?

" The instrument panel surfaces are wipeable and switches have silicone seals."

2021 Ford Bronco: 6 Most Important Things To Know

Edited to clarify that I did not think the waterproofing was across all trim levels.
Plugging my own question about the silicone seals on the switch gear as this seems to go entirely unnoticed with the washout interior.

When I heard "washout interior" I was under the impression that if the roof panels were for some reason left off in the rain, it would be OK. Clearly these pictures say I'm soft in the head.
No, you're sound of mind! The concept of this is that you will be fine if left out in the weather (barring extreme situations, of course).

Why would you leave your doors or top off or your windows rolled down over night?
When we get nice weather there are still frequent days with misting rain. I intend to have the top and doors off for weeks at a time and this will be a daily driver along with weekend off-roader.

Dont have dogs nor do I want them and if I have any I'm not taking them with me. I damn sure not having some mutt that shits in my car!!! ....

Fish guts in bronco? Dude... What kind of fish are you gutting? Jaws? If cleaning fish messes you up so bad your tracking guts into the Bronco you may want to evaluate cleaning techniques... lol
For the dog comment:
Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! giphy[1]

Fish guts: That's what the $400 pull-out tray is for! HA HA HA!!!!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! Screenshot_20200911-140237_Chrome

This may have been pointed out already but I don't feel like wading through the complaints. It says very clearly, "rubberized washable floor"... this is not the same as a 'washout interior'. If you look at the photos of the inside of these things, the material CLEARLY changes about 1/3rd the way up the console. This is obviously a factory replacement for WeatherTech that you don't need to remove. It's for getting in with muddy boots and sandy feet and being able to rinse it out without much fuss.

I had rubber "rinse out" floors in my '07 F150, it was nice, but I also understood that I wasn't going to be taking a pressure washer to the inside of my truck.

These floors are a nice factory option for people like me, who are smart enough to put the top back on before I go hit a mud pit.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol that’s an anomaly though, who buys a car specifically because their dog “might take a shit.”
And if this is the case you either need a new dog or a truck to throw the Mongrel in the back of...

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This may have been pointed out already but I don't feel like wading through the complaints. It says very clearly, "rubberized washable floor"... this is not the same as a 'washout interior'. If you look at the photos of the inside of these things, the material CLEARLY changes about 1/3rd the way up the console. This is obviously a factory replacement for WeatherTech that you don't need to remove. It's for getting in with muddy boots and sandy feet and being able to rinse it out without much fuss.

I had rubber "rinse out" floors in my '07 F150, it was nice, but I also understood that I wasn't going to be taking a pressure washer to the inside of my truck.

These floors are a nice factory option for people like me, who are smart enough to put the top back on before I go hit a mud pit.
Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! 23FD4501-EA31-4462-A90F-56EE01EB53FE

>>ONE<< page back ........ ?‍♂

JK

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know the actual answer, but my interpretation of “passive” = you have to pull the plug to drain it, and “active” = some kind of one way flapper valve.

Well unfortunately we all have to make compromises-this is where you have to choose either building from a Black Diamond or Badlands, or running without carpet / just rubber floor mats or pulling the carpet when you’re going to get wet and muddy or consider bed lining down the road.

It’s not like 7MT or 2.7TT, but it is a compromise just the same.

My advice and point of view after driving a non-rubberized painted floor Rubicon for 12 years is: if there are other more important things in non-rubber lined models for the money, you aren’t losing much.

You are absolutely right. And I appreciate your stating your point of view without being a jerk about it.

I understand my expectations of what the washout interior were supposed to be and what they actually may end up being. When I read washout interior I got excited because the thought of being able to wipe down all the surface areas with a damp rag and not having to worry about getting sand, dirt, twigs and mud embedded in any carpet area was a huge selling point for me. And the only reason I would go with the Black Diamond.

And what may be not a big deal to one, may be extremely important to others. I could care less about not being able to get the 12" screen on anything less than an OBX. Not getting the manual with the 2.7 doesn't bother me in the least. But I have seen some pretty passionate posts about people's displeasure with these two things. Among others.

We all have expectations and wants and needs for out Bronco for our own intended uses. Doesn't mean something as simple as this can't be extremely important to some.
Sponsored