William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's DIO now, only went away on the line, not from the option list.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's DIO now, only went away on the line, not from the option list.
The article claims they won't be compatible with the 2024 models:

"Currently, there is no ability to add the keypad on the online configurator for the Bronco, and the two keyless entry keypad options available on the official Ford accessories website are not compatible with the Bronco either."

I wonder if this is part of a push towards subscriptions (using your phone in proximity but at a monthly cost to subscribe, for instance) or if there was some issue with the tech? It just seems odd, they've been around so long.

OP
OP
emkayw

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have one on my Fusion that I use constantly. I also bought one for the Bronco but have been holding off installing it since I don't like the tacked on look either. Will probably install inside the fuel door.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The article claims they won't be compatible with the 2024 models:

"Currently, there is no ability to add the keypad on the online configurator for the Bronco, and the two keyless entry keypad options available on the official Ford accessories website are not compatible with the Bronco either."

I wonder if this is part of a push towards subscriptions (using your phone in proximity but at a monthly cost to subscribe, for instance) or if there was some issue with the tech? It just seems odd, they've been around so long.
The links they list doesn't even have the big Bronco listed although the image of it installed is clearly one and no where does it say on Ford Accessories that it's incompatible.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The links they list doesn't even have the big Bronco listed although the image of it installed is clearly one and no where does it say on Ford Accessories that it's incompatible.
Yeah, don't think we'll know for sure until people start getting the '24s delivered and someone tries. Unless the website updates differently between then.

Jtbob3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one on my Fusion that I use constantly. I also bought one for the Bronco but have been holding off installing it since I don't like the tacked on look either. Will probably install inside the fuel door.
I ordered my Bronco with the keypad. The day I picked it up I moved it to the fuel door. It’s nice to have, just ugly.

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my 2023 with the keypad. I don't like the tacked on look, but if you ordered it as an factory option, at least the bezel is color matched instead of black and looks a little better. I'm guessing that if it is compatible with 2024s as a DIO, it will be the just the black version.

It is nice to be able to lock your keyfob in the vehicle when you don't/can't carry it with you.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my 2023 with the keypad. I don't like the tacked on look, but if you ordered it as an factory option, at least the bezel is color matched instead of black and looks a little better. I'm guessing that if it is compatible with 2024s as a DIO, it will be the just the black version.

It is nice to be able to lock your keyfob in the vehicle when you don't/can't carry it with you.
With the black you can move it to the b-pillar where it looks better, I was disappointed to see it changed to color matched for MY22.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my Bronco with the keypad. The day I picked it up I moved it to the fuel door. It’s nice to have, just ugly.
Did the same thing, got rid of the wart.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the black you can move it to the b-pillar where it looks better, I was disappointed to see it changed to color matched for MY22.
This only works on the 4 door.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who do have the keypad factory-installed (I'm one...) - How long did it take to find the Securicode card, or did the dealer tell you where it was? Just curious...I found it while doing other things...

adamargyle

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those who do have the keypad factory-installed (I'm one...) - How long did it take to find the Securicode card, or did the dealer tell you where it was? Just curious...I found it while doing other things...
the sales guy showed it to me and tried to show me how to program it when I picked mine up, but I couldn't' get it to program. I think I'll move it to the fuel door eventually even though its paint matched.
Sponsored