Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume these use a battery to transmit the RF. easy to change, and how long do they normally last?
thanks,
Greg
The manual that came with mine says the battery is not serviceable
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it was the one option I wanted and failed to check when I configured mine. I bought the correct one for Lux and had the dealer program. Cost me the same since online and dealer did it for $45 during an oil change.

This is where it should have been anyway.

IMG_1558.jpeg
I agree. That’s where I want to put mine, but wifey wants it stuck inside the fuel door. (I should have never mentioned that option lol)

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. That’s where I want to put mine, but wifey wants it stuck inside the fuel door. (I should have never mentioned that option lol)
I get it. The Bronco is mine, but my wife and I also had Ford keypads before, so she embraces the convenience and function. I use the Bronco pad several times per day. The height is perfect as a six foot person. We’ve had a few Lincoln’s and really became used to having it. I’m contemplating buying another pillar cover and trying to better integrate it. The texture matches good right out of the box. If someone was never a big Ford keypad user, the fuel door is a good spot. I see why ford killed it. 90% of people with them at work don’t have them programmed or know how to use them. I installed a console safe in the. Bronco so I don’t have to take my phone. If this moves to phone only, that sucks for an adventure vehicle.

Sinnin7

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update - They were finally able to program my keypad for my 2024. Pretty sure it was a ford programing issue that took a bit to be fixed.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks I will check with the dealer again. Does anyone with a 2024 have confirmation yet that they were able to program adding the keypad?
Ours is supposedly in the mail.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. I see why ford killed it. 90% of people with them at work don’t have them programmed or know how to use them. I installed a console safe in the. Bronco so I don’t have to take my phone. If this moves to phone only, that sucks for an adventure vehicle.
Engineers can only think inside their little illogical perfect world.
We’ve programmed them all to the same code since our ‘98 Explorer. It’s super handy for other family members to access our vehicles when we’re away or we’re all at the beach, the lake or camping. Probably has saved us from ever loosing any keys or fobs.
Sponsored