Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I always thought the keypad was something I couldn't live without, but the tacked on look got me over not having one quickly.
I was thinking the same thing until I saw that someone put it into the fuel tank lid. I thought that was a really smart idea
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford product order page for the keypad shows $24 extra to include installation. Is that legit? Would any dealership agree to accept the install for that price, or is there more to getting the keypad installed/configured?

1706892717763.png
Dealerships really have no choice but to do it for that price. It usually involves cleaning the area, sticking the keypad on and programming through FDRS. It doesn't take long at all.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealerships really have no choice but to do it for that price. It usually involves cleaning the area, sticking the keypad on and programming through FDRS. It doesn't take long at all.
Cool, and since I'd probably stick the keypad inside the fuel filler area, really all I need is the dealership programming part (assuming I can't do that myself using Forscan).

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cool, and since I'd probably stick the keypad inside the fuel filler area, really all I need is the dealership programming part (assuming I can't do that myself using Forscan).
You might be able to do it yourself in Forscan. I'm not 100% sure I'm just so used to doing everything in FDRS

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealers have the option to refuse - there are no dealers in my area that will accept Ford Performance online installations.

When I got my keypad last year - dealer wanted 2.5 hrs at a shop rate of $200/hr. I was able to get them down to at least be on par with me buying my own dongle, but it was still a good bit more than the online price

Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers have the option to refuse - there are no dealers in my area that will accept Ford Performance online installations.

When I got my keypad last year - dealer wanted 2.5 hrs at a shop rate of $200/hr. I was able to get them down to at least be on par with me buying my own dongle, but it was still a good bit more than the online price
Really we always accept it. That's how you lose customers. Funny thing is that Ford pays the dealer a set amount. Its not the amount that's on the website. Its kind of like warranty prices. Its lower than normal but they still get something.

Floydcova

Black Diamond
First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-250, 2019 Ford F-250, 2022 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got of the phone with my Ford dealer to inquire about installing a keyless keypad on my 2024 bronco. You order it through Ford accessories for 120.00 then check the 24.00 box. All that 24.00 charge is for peeling the tape off the back and sticking on the vehicle.
Then they told me they charge 165.00 for the first hour (hourly rate) to program the keypad. He said some times it takes more than an hour and some times less. If it takes less they charge you less if it takes more they call you.

Sponsored

Sinnin7

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2024 Badlands came in and i ordered the keypad through accessories and they are not able to program it as the 2024 is not an option in FDRS at this time. Contacted ford about returning it and they are making me jump through hoops to confirm it doesn't work.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you confirmed it cannot be programmed yet? I got them to throw one in when I made my deal. It’s coming to me in the mail.

Gregc57

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Bronco w/ V-6.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume these use a battery to transmit the RF. easy to change, and how long do they normally last?
thanks,
Greg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2024 Badlands came in and i ordered the keypad through accessories and they are not able to program it as the 2024 is not an option in FDRS at this time. Contacted ford about returning it and they are making me jump through hoops to confirm it doesn't work.

Have you confirmed it cannot be programmed yet? I got them to throw one in when I made my deal. It’s coming to me in the mail.
I believe Ford fixed this issue the other day because I remember seeing an alert about it. I can’t find it at the moment though.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it was the one option I wanted and failed to check when I configured mine. I bought the correct one for Lux and had the dealer program. Cost me the same since online and dealer did it for $45 during an oil change.

This is where it should have been anyway.

Ford Bronco Well, that didn't take long. No more keyless entry pad on 2024 Broncos IMG_1558
Sponsored