Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I always thought the keypad was something I couldn't live without, but the tacked on look got me over not having one quickly.
I’ve never missed it, but your comment reminded me that we had those on two town cars back in the day and I never remember not using that to get in the car at any point. I literally can’t remember ever using the key (no fobs then). It was pretty convenient
Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered it on my 4 Dr Big Bend. Dealer said they could add it but then admitted it would be black, against my Pepper Red it would stand out like a sore thumb. It came in as ordered painted body color to match and blends in fine. After having it on several other Ford’s and Lincoln’s, I really like the ability to lick the keys inside the car at the airport or the beach. I have the app on my phone as well but leave the phone locked in the car sometimes where the app would be useless.
Was this fairly recently that you ordered it or before the announcement? As others have stated, the part no longer shows up on Ford Accessories as being compatible for Bronco. My dealer was able to give me a part number for my ‘23, (appears to be an entirely different nomenclature than the part number on Ford Accessories that used to show Bronco as a fit) but the cost is more than what it was on Ford Accessories, and programming cost will be up to the dealer, not on the cheap like it was if ordered through Ford Accessories.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to revive this post after a couple of months but holy crap this is a bummer, I used the keypad on my F150 a thousand times. I hate carrying keys with me all the time (or my phone) and I like to keep my truck locked when on the street but be able to access it as needed when working out front. So now I have to hunt down my keys every time eh? Thanks Farley. Hopefully we can get the dealer to install one once the '24s arrive, guess we will have to wait to find out.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to revive this post after a couple of months but holy crap this is a bummer, I used the keypad on my F150 a thousand times. I hate carrying keys with me all the time (or my phone) and I like to keep my truck locked when on the street but be able to access it as needed when working out front. So now I have to hunt down my keys every time eh? Thanks Farley. Hopefully we can get the dealer to install one once the '24s arrive, guess we will have to wait to find out.
The dealer will be able to install one. Not sure if they will have the grainy black MIC colored ones or the paint matched keypads. If it is the latter, then you would have to pay for paint as they come in primer from the parts counter. It is an odd decision by Ford to remove it as a factory option as the body-color keypad is available for the Ranger for MY'24. It shares the same line and same paint codes.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the best things about Ford are the keypads IMHO. I havent taken the key out of the last 4 pickups I have had nor my Bronco. They charge for it anyway. Why not keep it as an option???
same we only own fords because of these. Our dogs locks themselves in the old Buick years ago and we never were going to let that happen again. I suppose with the teslas you’d be fine with the Apple Watch and phone apps though.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Meh, when I travel my keys are in my briefcase which I lock in the back especially when my flights are late and get me home at midnight (like last Friday). I use the Cadillac APP to open my car more than I like to admit so a keypad would just be a wart on mine.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my keypad. That is why I went through some things to finally get the correct code for it. I use it all the time.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought the keypad was something I couldn't live without, but the tacked on look got me over not having one quickly.
Moved mine from driver’s door and stuck it on inside of fuel door. Tacky looking problem solved!

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always have had and used the keypads on all our Fords since ‘98 and I program them all to the same number so all family members can remember and access our vehicles. I hope the article is wrong and it can still be added. I would mount it somewhere unnoticeable though. Cowl, B pillar or fuel door.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It never went away. It’s similar to a DIO now. It can be purchased at any time and installed by a dealer.
Phew thank goodness!

Now if I could just get a bronco with cloth instead of sweaty plastic seats I'd put an order in tomorrow!

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It never went away. It’s similar to a DIO now. It can be purchased at any time and installed by a dealer.
Just took delivery of 2024 BB 2 door with Mid Package (so it has remote start) dealer say they can get a body matched keypad (shadow black) but as of right now there is no software to program it to the vehicle. I am assuming this will be available eventually??

I'm kinda bummed about no keypad.
I have keypad on all my Fords.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just took delivery of 2024 BB 2 door with Mid Package (so it has remote start) dealer say they can get a body matched keypad (shadow black) but as of right now there is no software to program it to the vehicle. I am assuming this will be available eventually??

I'm kinda bummed about no keypad.
I have keypad on all my Fords.
Yeah I'm sure it will be eventually, Ford is probably just behind and hasn't added the programming into FDRS yet.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford product order page for the keypad shows $24 extra to include installation. Is that legit? Would any dealership agree to accept the install for that price, or is there more to getting the keypad installed/configured?

Ford Bronco Well, that didn't take long. No more keyless entry pad on 2024 Broncos 1706892717763
Sponsored