First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
gotta chime in on the fold down rear seats.....if they won't lay flat then why even bother ??

having GSD's and being single and a surf fishing nut my rear seats will be flat A LOT.....

I use a piece of rug from home depot or lowes as a dust cover, works great and nothing falls btwn seats

just saying .....

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
gotta chime in on the fold down rear seats.....if they won't lay flat then why even bother ??

having GSD's and being single and a surf fishing nut my rear seats will be flat A LOT.....

I use a piece of rug from home depot or lowes as a dust cover, works great and nothing falls btwn seats

just saying .....
I can’t remember if it was an actual rumored feature or just an idea but someone brought up ALL of the seats folding flat for a sleeping area.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

just saying .....
I feel ya. Can't remember the last time my back seats weren't folded flat. Makes rod transport way easier

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I cannot order a genuine original 1932 Ford Flathead V-8, I'm out.

1932 - The Invention of the Ford V8 Engine

SA379_Page_010_Image_0002-1.jpg
I believe they where (at least the later ones) 289cid and 85hp!

I am an EB fan but these are the Facts:

1. The engine will have as much or more power to weight than any previous stock Bronco
2. Any transmission offered will be superior to any previous Bronco
3. Fuel mileage will exceed any previous Bronco by a factor of nearly 2
4. On road drive-ability (ride, handling, brakes, steering, creature comforts) will exceed any previous Bronco.
5. Tire size (and hence minimum ground clearance) will be greater than any previous Bronco
6. Locking rear axle will be better than any previous Bronco.
7. Any rear seat design will be superior to any previous Bronco (maybe not the perfect fold flat in the Bronco II)
8. The only thing really up in the air is articulation and dynamic ground clearance off-road

I've also had a couple old Mustangs but my '05 beats them in all metrics except nostalgia, and Ford even made a good run at that , as it seems they are with the Bronco!

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1. The engine will have as much or more power to weight than any previous stock Bronco
Yes, this is true, but it is not as simple to work on as a Flathead V-8.

However, it still will not have the power of a 1932 5 window coupe hot rod.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, this is true, but it is not as simple to work on as a Flathead V-8.

However, it still will not have the power of a 1932 5 window coupe hot rod.
I suppose, but they also needed much more work than a modern engine. The last engine I needed to do internal work on was a 1970's 2.3 liter Pinto I put in a 1945 GPW Jeep and that was just to freshen it up for the install. Oh, and rod bearings on a '66 Bronco with a dropped in 200-6.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I literally don’t understand the “EASIER TO WORK ON” thing. As a family we’ve had probably 5 vehicles tick over 130k in the past 20 years (including 3 explorers and a Bronco II)

99% of the repairs have been hoses, sensors, and suspension wear components. And my parent’s 2013 explorer which needed a transfer case(stupid AWD). “Easy to work on” is irrelevant at this point, because if there’s a serious problem your best bet is to rip out the engine/tranny and drop in a new one.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I literally don’t understand the “EASIER TO WORK ON” thing. As a family we’ve had probably 5 vehicles tick over 130k in the past 20 years (including 3 explorers and a Bronco II)

99% of the repairs have been hoses, sensors, and suspension wear components. And my parent’s 2013 explorer which needed a transfer case(stupid AWD). “Easy to work on” is irrelevant at this point, because if there’s a serious problem your best bet is to rip out the engine/tranny and drop in a new one.
Aren't electronic ignition (no points, long life plugs), fuel injection (nor carb/choke), modular wheel bearings (no annual tear down and lube) and disc brakes grand! Heck I've taken to replacing disc pads at about 85K just to have something to do! (and avoid rotor work)

You could add #9 to my list above: More reliable than any previous Bronco

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe they where (at least the later ones) 289cid and 85hp!

2. Any transmission offered will be superior to any previous Bronco
3. Fuel mileage will exceed any previous Bronco by a factor of nearly 2
4. On road drive-ability (ride, handling, brakes, steering, creature comforts) will exceed any previous Bronco.
5. Tire size (and hence minimum ground clearance) will be greater than any previous Bronco
6. Locking rear axle will be better than any previous Bronco.
7. Any rear seat design will be superior to any previous Bronco (maybe not the perfect fold flat in the Bronco II)
8. The only thing really up in the air is articulation and dynamic ground clearance off-road

I've also had a couple old Mustangs but my '05 beats them in all metrics except nostalgia, and Ford even made a good run at that , as it seems they are with the Bronco!
About number 2. You really cant beat the Ford T-18. However modern drivers probably wouldn't make it around the block before giving up. But yeah you are pretty much right on all that.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

About number 2. You really cant beat the Ford T-18. However modern drivers probably wouldn't make it around the block before giving up. But yeah you are pretty much right on all that.
Yeah, hard to beat a tranny with a granny, better yet a granny and an OD. I had a 1988 F150 with a 302 and non granny 5spd OD I hated.
Sponsored