securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What engine will you be getting? Also give reasons why you will be getting it.

The Choices are:
2.3 EcoBoost - 4 cylinder
2.7 EcoBoost - 6 cylinder
3.0 EcoBoost - 6 Cylinder
I'm more concerned with getting the offroad goodies, and if I can save money by keeping the base engine so I can put more of that money into said offroad goodies, I'd be fine with the 2.3L.
Sponsored

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more concerned with getting the offroad goodies, and if I can save money by keeping the base engine so I can put more of that money into said offroad goodies, I'd be fine with the 2.3L.

What made you look at the Ford Bronco over the Toyota 4runner?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What made you look at the Ford Bronco over the Toyota 4runner?
I don't particularly care for the looks of the modern 4runners.

I also really don't like the local Toyota dealers. I bought my 2011 Tundra from one of them and while I like the truck, the dealership I bought it from has me wishing I'd bought an F-150 instead, just so I didn't have to deal with them ever again.

I'm actually cross-shopping the new Bronco against used XTerras and Land Cruisers.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope that the 2.3 EcoBoost will have a 10 speed auto, front and rear lockers, and low range.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't particularly care for the looks of the modern 4runners.

I also really don't like the local Toyota dealers. I bought my 2011 Tundra from one of them and while I like the truck, the dealership I bought it from has me wishing I'd bought an F-150 instead, just so I didn't have to deal with them ever again.

I'm actually cross-shopping the new Bronco against used XTerras and Land Cruisers.
4Runner redesign should be MY23. It's a bit too long to wait for me to compare with Bronco though.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4Runner redesign should be MY23. It's a bit too long to wait for me to compare with Bronco though.
This is considering that the current 4runner has been around since 2010.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How people can even compare 4runners to jeeps and broncos is beyond me. They are overly complex yet somehow outdated, butt ugly compared to the 1st gen and those insane headlights and taillights are just crazy. They stick out almost half a foot!

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be getting whatever shakes out to be the best towing/engine package available but still wanting to keep with the 2 door. No more hard core wheeling at my venerable age but still hauling, splitting firewood. Also the NW Iowa winters can be a bit snowy.
Ford Bronco What engine will you be getting? 210th_drift
Ford Bronco What engine will you be getting? OCTWOOD
Ford Bronco What engine will you be getting? shadekilt1

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not in any sort of rush to buy. I'm not a year 1 buyer for the Bronco anyway. I'm looking at the 2022 Bronco at the earliest, and 2023 isn't out of the question.

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I will be getting whatever shakes out to be the best towing/engine package available but still wanting to keep with the 2 door. No more hard core wheeling at my venerable age but still hauling, splitting firewood. Also the NW Iowa winters can be a bit snowy.
That's why I have a full size pickup. No need to drag a trailer around to haul firewood. I cut down and bucked a post oak last weekend. Still have a lot of splitting to do, but it's just too friggin' hot to do that right now.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why I have a full size pickup. No need to drag a trailer around to haul firewood. I cut down and bucked a post oak last weekend. Still have a lot of splitting to do, but it's just too friggin' hot to do that right now.
Unfortunately I can only afford 1 vehicle and since no full size P.U.'s have both removable tops/doors...I will never own one. Would that I could.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unfortunately I can only afford 1 vehicle and since no full size P.U.'s have both removable tops/doors...I will never own one. Would that I could.
I've never needed or wanted removable top and doors. I probably won't even use that feature on the Bronco. But everyone has different needs and wants. To each their own, and such.

Also, in before someone says "Everything is removable if you have the right tools" and posts a pic of a reciprocating saw...

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've never needed or wanted removable top and doors. I probably won't even use that feature on the Bronco. But everyone has different needs and wants. To each their own, and such.

Also, in before someone says "Everything is removable if you have the right tools" and posts a pic of a reciprocating saw...
Lol!
I have a plasma torch and an angle grinder... ;)