Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m leaning for the 2.7 eco boost but something tells me as soon as you click that option you will be at 39000 already if not 40000 lol might have to go cloth interior although I prefer leather also saw they will have a waterproof vinyl option which interest me as well could be a happy medium for not gettting leather we will find out tonight
Sponsored

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m leaning for the 2.7 eco boost but something tells me as soon as you click that option you will be at 39000 already if not 40000 lol might have to go cloth interior although I prefer leather also saw they will have a waterproof vinyl option which interest me as well could be a happy medium for not gettting leather we will find out tonight
We shall find out tonight. I am leaning towards the 2.3. I want to see how many HP and torque both 2.3 and 2.7 make.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t ruled out the 2.3 either leaning towards 4 door for the room but may go 2 if the storage in the back is decent I’m single no wife or kids so I was leaning 2 door. It you never know when you may need a bigger vehicle . Hardest choice will be the color i have a grabber orange mustang gt and love that cyber orange but the cactus gray looks so good and the Area 51 color has my attention

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 or anything bigger because i have plans for this one?

Sponsored

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unweighted option is the 2.7 without a doubt.
However, if I find out more on the 3.0, that could also be an option.

I would be totally ok with the 2.3 as well - as my second option - since people have made ungodly amounts of power out of that engine. However, that engine has a weak block design, so getting too greedy and you will be cracking blocks.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 w/ auto. (knee issues prohibit having a clutch) I do wonder what it will cost. Depending on the cost of the 2.7 + auto + trim options this thing could get close to the cost of the new Defender (which has smaller tires, but the same ground clearance somehow)

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 w/ auto. (knee issues prohibit having a clutch) I do wonder what it will cost. Depending on the cost of the 2.7 + auto + trim options this thing could get close to the cost of the new Defender (which has smaller tires, but the same ground clearance somehow)

The 2.3 is available with an auto as well.

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3L GTDI, as it's the only one that comes with three pedals, and there will almost certainly be a tune available to kick it up. a notch.

I have other choices in the garage if I feel the need for sub 3 second 0-60

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Today I stopped at a local Ford dealer real quick, hoping to squash my fears of the 2.3l 4 cyl. In my opionion I'm definitely going with the V6. I just didn't feel that the 4 cyl. would be able to tow my 12' trailer with ease. It was quick (when the turbos actually kick in), but other then that, felt rather gutless to me. Just my opinion.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I stopped at a local Ford dealer real quick, hoping to squash my fears of the 2.3l 4 cyl. In my opionion I'm definitely going with the V6. I just didn't feel that the 4 cyl. would be able to tow my 12' trailer with ease. It was quick (when the turbos actually kick in), but other then that, felt rather gutless to me. Just my opinion.
Did you drive the 2.3 Ranger? Both have identical towing capacities.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you drive the 2.3 Ranger? Both have identical towing capacities.
Yes it was the 2.3l Ranger. I've never owned a turbo, drove one once. But even when you start to move it's like no power at all until the turbo kicks in. I wasn't impressed with it other than acceleration once the turbo kicks in.

And to be honest, to go from a 2.3 to a 2.7 doesn't make me think it'll be that much better. I guess I just like NA engines.. just my thing. So with that said though, I'm gonna go for the 2.7 just for that little bit more I think.
Sponsored