securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh yea I know all about the rs head gasket debacle ?.

I am curious though if this is the case what parts from the rs and or mustang would direct swap to the bronco
The answer to that is beyond my knowledge base, but I'm sure someone has tried or plans to try with the Ranger and/or possibly the Bronco when it comes out.
Sponsored

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting a 4D. Let’s say you never plan on towing, would you still consider the 2.7.

im going to be coming from a 5.7 Hemi Tuned and bolt on Dodge Challenger. Obviously I know it will be a dramatic difference, but I don’t want to spend the money on power if I don’t want to. I also don’t want to be putt putting around either....if that makes sense

Dominant1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 liter v6 twin turbo 10 speed auto in a base 2 door Sasquatch package. In the cyber orange color.

drust89

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What engine will you be getting? Also give reasons why you will be getting it.

The Choices are:
2.3 EcoBoost - 4 cylinder
2.7 EcoBoost - 6 cylinder
3.0 EcoBoost - 6 Cylinder
The question is actually what TRIM & options can i afford after i factor in the price of the 2.7 V6 w/auto trans- that is not not up for debate for me. i would not want a 4 cylinder. it's bad enough they have to put shitty turbos on them to make any power. Definitely the V6, and i also want a 4 door hardtop because this is going to be my daily driver. my ideal trim would be a Black Diamond but i'm also considering the Big Bend depending how the pricing looks. if you compare prices to the Wrangler you know the hard top is going to run you an additional $1500, the V6 option is going to run at least $1500, how much is the auto transmission going to run and the mid package will probably run $1500-2,000. it is going to add up real quick i think.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am going with the 2.7 on a 2 door. There is less of a chance of me regretting getting the larger engine, but there is a high chance that I would regret getting the smaller one.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going with the 2.7 on a 2 door. There is less of a chance of me regretting getting the larger engine, but there is a high chance that I would regret getting the smaller one.
Im more concerned with regretting getting an automatic so leaning heavily towards the 2.3, but it’s a struggle to decide.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im more concerned with regretting getting an automatic so leaning heavily towards the 2.3, but it’s a struggle to decide.
For me that doesn't matter. I had my fun driving a stick. Now I would rather have an automatic.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me that doesn't matter. I had my fun driving a stick. Now I would rather have an automatic.
I hear you. I have a manual Subaru that could fill my need to row gears if I end up with an Auto Bronco.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going for the 2.7 on a 4-door Black Diamond or Badlands if it isn't too expensive to upgrade to.

Then again, I may stick with it even if it is more than I'd like to spend, because, I can't see myself complaining about having a more powerful engine, but, I could easily see me kicking myself for wishing I had gone for that extra power and didn't.

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting the 2.7. Made the mistake of getting the smaller displacement engine in my current car and told myself I’d never make the same mistake again.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I was going automatic it wouldn't even be a question but I want that manual so I guess I'm stuck with the 2.3. Still a stout little engine though.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3t, want a manual and I've done fbo on one before

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exact same thought

v6tt 2door in orange ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the 2.3 was a Cast Iron/Graphite block I would get the 2.3; otherwise most diffidently I will get the 2.7.

If your head gaskets go out on the 2.3 you may have to scrap the block. For all you naysayers out there ask a Ford Mechanic and I do not want to hear that the aluminum 2.3 block does not warp... You may get luckily and not have to replace the block, but off to the junk yard for a wrecked Ranger for an engine swap. For what it was worth, I was so excited for the 2.3 until I found it had an aluminum block.
Sponsored