Sponsored

What is it about the Bronco making production so difficult?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big Bend, 4D, V6, Auto, Mid, HT,Tow.

MY22 order 12/21.
MY23 built 4/18/23
Dealer indicates it’s waiting for a microchip.
No doubt it will show up just as I get to Europe for vacation next month.
Is the towing package still a constraint? I dropped mine since I'd be lucky to use it once or twice in the lifetime of the vehicle. I got an aftermarket one I'll install one day.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big Bend, 4D, V6, Auto, Mid, HT,Tow.

MY22 order 12/21.
MY23 built 4/18/23
Dealer indicates it’s waiting for a microchip.
No doubt it will show up just as I get to Europe for vacation next month.
This is the way. I got the text mine was showing up as I was on the fourth course of an eight course traditional Danish Christmas dinner in Denmark. The Schnapps was flowing that night.

gp089

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend 4D sitting on the factory lot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too late now, it’s catching rain out in the lot!

I have enough shit laying around the garage for “one day”…Both Bronco and Fox body lol.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why. What is it with the Bronco that's making production crawl still? Is there more to it than just demand? I get it, it's popular but 2.5 years later Ford is still dropping the ball on this.

Ford just opened orders for the brand new Mustang a few months back and there's already sightings of hundreds of them at the factory. People are getting delivery dates and production emails. Even caught photos of some on delivery trucks.

The Bronco Sport can be seen everywhere and dealers have plenty sitting in lots, in my area anyway.

FCA/Jeep is pumping out Wranglers and Gladiators left and right, even the 4xe versions. My nearest dealership has 26 Wranglers and 30 Gladiators available.

Tesla has doubled their 2023 production vs 2022 and they use a lot of chips.

Those of you who have been waiting since 2020, ya'll got some super-human level of patience lol
Maybe part of the issue is speculators still snapping up Broncos to flip or whatever, and the odd situation where people buy multiple Broncos. Some people around here own 3 or more Broncos, which frankly is bizarre. Enough people doing that will make Bronco appear more scarce than it should be.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a guess. One is made in Mexico and workers bust ass. One is made in US and union probably has some limits involved. No first hand knowledge of factory line. So again just a guess.

Sponsored

gp089

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend 4D sitting on the factory lot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the way. I got the text mine was showing up as I was on the fourth course of an eight course traditional Danish Christmas dinner in Denmark. The Schnapps was flowing that night.
Ford Marketing indicates no longer on chip hold. Status = “Released to Carrier”. Estimated delivery….wait for it……
“D-E-L-A-Y”.

Small wins.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unions maybe. Lots of restrictions on employees perhaps.

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sounds pretty reasonable. Did you have a Lux or Squatch package?
Yes. I ordered everything I wanted, Wildtrak (built with Sasquatch package), Lux package, trailer hitch, etc. I figured if I had to wait for it, I'd order everything I wanted. Ordered 3/27/23, scheduled to be built 8-9-23. Received the VIN in late June with the 8-7-23 week production schedule. Now have the window sticker, and blend date (8-9).

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the towing package still a constraint? I dropped mine since I'd be lucky to use it once or twice in the lifetime of the vehicle. I got an aftermarket one I'll install one day.
My dealer told me that if I wanted even a remote chance of a MY23 bronco to leave off the tow package, so I did. This was for a March 27th order. On June 20th I had him add it back on even though he was sure it would cause issues. 9 days later ford sends me an email saying it was scheduled and tow was listed and it’s still listed on my window sticker I just got.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has had some serious supply chain issues. I know there was a time where the delays were because they couldn't get the Sasquatch wheels. Another time they couldn't get cloth seats. Oh and let's not forget the MIC.

But the biggest issue for people that have ordered boils down to dealer allocation...the big dealers have corrupted the system to much.

You can buy a Bronco today if you are willing to pay ADM.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered one in February had it in April and then ordered a second one in March and had it in June. One with high/one with lux package and one of them with a standard transmission. The main issue is the dealer imho, they have no allocations but are submitting orders. My dealer had allocations and it didn’t matter that both had Sas and all the “constrained” items, they both were built and delivered within 3-4 months. Also Ford supply chain is still hampered “supposedly” but I don’t think they are in a rush to go back to the days of rebates and lower financing and smaller profits.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also Ford supply chain is still hampered “supposedly” but I don’t think they are in a rush to go back to the days of rebates and lower financing and smaller profits.
You nailed it. I think covid is a good excuse to flip the script on how we buy vehicles.

Gone are the days of huge dealer inventory, 0% financing, and 5k on the hood. We're moving to a built to order model where MSRP and long waits are the norm.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably also a balance of production with other vehicles they make- F150's, 250's, SUV's, Maverick, Ranger, etc. And the E vehicles too. Maverick seems hard to get too.
Sponsored