First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has a lot of options. (Ie. Snow skis w/ Molle straps) Going with 37"s and don't want the weight. In 25 years of wheeling and 40 yrs driving, I've needed a spare twice. Calculated risk.

Screenshot_20230625-230011.png
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been waiting for somebody to do a clean spare tire delete. Fiberglass or ABS, not sheet metal. Cleanly incorporates an aftermarket third brake light (not re-use the stock one because the curve is unnecessary without the spare tire), license plate mount with license plate light, backup camera and tailgate venting. Make it look as "factory" as possible, especially when paint matched to the body color. I'm not a fan of gluing it on because I may want to switch back to a spare tire carrier later, so it needs to be a non-destructive, reversible installation. I think the cleanest way to mount it would be a low profile sheet metal frame that bolts on to the stock spare tire mount bolt holes, then the fiberglass shell snaps on over it, maybe with a couple of hidden screws along the bottom where the vents are to lock it in place.

Someone please make this. And while you're at it, make the bed rail caps I've been whining about for almost a year.
Just posted on this.... You may like.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just posted on this.... You may like.
I've seen that one and it's not one that I would consider. It meets almost none of the criteria I mentioned in my comments.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could mount it vertically like the roof panels and secure it the same way.... ratchet strap to the floor rings and around the head rests. Wont be much room left in the back but that would do it.
I considered carrying the spare that way, BUT it wouldn’t fit because there is only 34” between the floor and roll bar. Not enough vertical space inside for a 37”.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been waiting for somebody to do a clean spare tire delete. Fiberglass or ABS, not sheet metal. Cleanly incorporates an aftermarket third brake light (not re-use the stock one because the curve is unnecessary without the spare tire), license plate mount with license plate light, backup camera and tailgate venting. Make it look as "factory" as possible, especially when paint matched to the body color. I'm not a fan of gluing it on because I may want to switch back to a spare tire carrier later, so it needs to be a non-destructive, reversible installation. I think the cleanest way to mount it would be a low profile sheet metal frame that bolts on to the stock spare tire mount bolt holes, then the fiberglass shell snaps on over it, maybe with a couple of hidden screws along the bottom where the vents are to lock it in place.

Someone please make this. And while you're at it, make the bed rail caps I've been whining about for almost a year.
Amen brother...non-metal and a clean factory-look and I'm in!

Sponsored

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with Agency 6 Spare tire delete, no real instructions or video but figured it out and about 45 minute install. I chose the onboard compressor and repair kit. The weight off the tailgate alone is amazing.
I just installed the same one. I called Agency 6 this week and they now have a draft YT video online, no audio yet, but the 8 minute video instructions are actually quite good. Not cheap at 400, but it is solidly built, heavy (I'm guessing 20 lbs), and turn key. All hardware included. And uses factory wiring for brake light and camera, no splicing or modifications required.

And you're right, the weight off the tailgate is huge. I will be hauling my spare in the cargo area of my 2-door - it's just me in this rig, and I can easily use that space for the spare.

Ford Bronco What is the purpose of a spare tire delete 3AA57E27-1F82-4DAC-8B86-750AAE985D02_1_105_c

Ford Bronco What is the purpose of a spare tire delete 48951993-B363-433F-B833-9193638D4075_1_105_c

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the spare tire delete. I like it, nice and clean and I have two jerry cans back there.

Ford Bronco What is the purpose of a spare tire delete 1688336217967

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The delete takes the 150lbs off the back and out of view. I still have the spare, but store it inside.

Edit 06/26/23: I no longer carry a spare. I now carry an inner tube and a patch and plug kit. I always carry tools that I can remove and reinstall the beadlock ring (if needed) and I have on-board air.
Hey @Bikeric, is this still the case for you? (Carrying the kit rather than the spare). I'm tempted to do the same.

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well traded the Wildtrak with the Agency6 delete on the back and now dealing with a 37 spare which is heavy ass heck, cant find a delete kit for the Raptor. Onboard compressor and repair kit worth it over the huge spare.

Sponsored

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are relocating the spare somewhere else or don’t go off road and rely on road side assistance then that’s prob fine. Going off road without a spare is crazy , unless someone else has one for you. Compressors and patch kits are great until you get an unrepairable tire off. Been there done that, glad i had a spare.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with most here, I can’t but not notice the curved factory 3rd brake light that is reused in most aftermarket spare tire deletes. I might return my Havoc and get a Agency’s 6 or Turn Off-road

xiLLeNtz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
mod? Total noob here, so I was just wondering. I thought the full size spare was essential to an off road vehicle. Can anyone enlighten me?
My Outerbanks has 34s on the stock wheels. The tires alone are like 80lbs a piece and with the wheel it’s 100lbs. Add in air, it’s quite heavy! With that being said, I already have a hard time rotating myself so you definitely wont see me swapping them out roadside if needed.

I’m not naive enough to think I’ll never need a spare. But I am more worried about a tire unbeading itself on the few trails I run versus puncturing on the highway.

In place of the spare tire I have the DV8 kit with a DD SS3 pod that has a red backlight. It goes white in reverse and if I flip one of my aux switches.

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_5337.jpeg

IMG_4611.jpeg
Sponsored