Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used a clear 3m medical tape-worke

A nice strip of good sticking, rough textured tape works great. Black electrical tape looked nice but was too smooth so it made lots of noise with the rubber seal. I've had a strip of 3m transpore tape through a rainy winter and its worked great and held up but l want to find something like it in black. I just like not having the noise or adding grease...
Check out “gaffer tape” on Amazon. It’s a cloth tape used on movie sets. Best tape I’ve ever seen and used in the last 30 years!
Sponsored

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where/how much? I assume pretty easy disassembly with no broken clips? Improvement in stereo sound of NVH improvement?
i did the entire cargo area other than behind the left (driver side) panel; i used KilMat - opinions vary on this vs other deadening material, i am a fan.

Polyfil in the sub enclosure also made a big difference in sound produced; much tighter and less warble.

disassembly is not without some challenges and likely a few broken clips, especially on that right panel with the sub. also be careful of wiring of other small elements affixed to the panel.

i also did the two fronts and two rear pods (speaker swap), great jump in sound quality and balance.

Ford Bronco What's an EASY hack/fix that REALLY improved your relationship with your Bronco? 72150478300__BD12E0C1-93D9-43F5-8B40-236742D59002

Ford Bronco What's an EASY hack/fix that REALLY improved your relationship with your Bronco? 72150479878__204E63C0-334D-4CB1-A8FE-835CFE429009

Last edited:

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This was not completely "easy," but a real improvement from my perspective.

Since I had to replace my front bumper's modular assembly - got kissed by a large commercial truck - i removed the chin skirt and coated it and the hooks in a near-match textured black with a matte clear. I'll try to snatch a better picture later:

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you try pulling them out and flipping around? Tilts back vs forward, but its like they're not there anymore, so maybe too much for what you're looking for. Worth it for short term if causing neck pain like it did for my wife.
Actually I temporarily reversed the headrest on our other vehicle during a recent long trip, because it was bothering my wife my son's girlfriend, both of whom have good posture. But yeah, longer term I'd like to bend the headrest in that car and my Bronco, to reduce the forward tilt without losing too much protection.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used a clear 3m medical tape-worke

A nice strip of good sticking, rough textured tape works great. Black electrical tape looked nice but was too smooth so it made lots of noise with the rubber seal. I've had a strip of 3m transpore tape through a rainy winter and its worked great and held up but l want to find something like it in black. I just like not having the noise or adding grease...
I used a thin rubber weatherstrip in that spot - works perfect to eliminate the squeak. And looks factory. From amazon, $12:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771T61VH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have the Suma mirrors, but I have the standard BD trim that comes with the blind-spot mirrors in the upper left corner (no BLIS, etc. - what was available in the used market in my otherwise personal choice specs) and I love them. On my Explorer I have BLIS, which I consider pretty useless. Too often don't notice the orange blind spot light in my Explorer on and have almost had a couple of accidents. This is one time technology losses for me, though I do like the rear and cross warning reverse sensors on my Explorer. Cross warning is only OK as it often warns pretty late if car is coming cross-side to the rear of you in a parking lot quite fast, but the the back-up sensors behind are great. I actually started backing my Bronco into parking spots (reverse camera great for that) to avoid having to back out of a parking spot with some large SUVs on either side and other cars behind me perhaps coming in my direction from a parking spot. The reverse sensors in my Explorer handle that just fine, but not so much now as I just reverse everything into parking spots. Don't know why Ford can't make a wider angle mirror like Suma along with BLIS.

And, my favorite and really easy hack? Every car should have these at least as an option. Even added a smaller molle pouch to each of them.
https://www.bartact.com/products/br...ont-door-interior-storage-bartact-pat-pending

Last edited:

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a full interior swap with a Black diamond interior. I like the blue more seats and all
Gotta like the two-tone grey/black MGV. I do think BD has the best color scheme, so I like that on my BD that just has the standard trim package otherwise.

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 22 raptor
The update might be only for 4 door broncos. I read that somewhere before, but I’m not sure. I’d still call or go down to your dealership. Tell them you want the door module updates done.
Thank you. Definitely looking into this .

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silicone grease? Can I just lube her up with Vasaline? Would that work?
Try to find Shin Etsu grease. That's what I use at work, and what I use for the seals.

Sponsored

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. I am going to do the washers.
Any pics of washer trock/hack..I'm not tall but always uncomfortable driving Bronco..hope this helps

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting the update done on the windows so they drop down 1/2 an inch when I hit the unlock button on the fob. No more window catch!!!
What the heck!! My dealer had no idea what I was talking about! Does anyone have a TSB# I can share with the dealer?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changed my door code to the same combo as my truck.

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suma performance mirrors. I spent way too loing trying to adjust the stock ones so that I could see... *anything*. After installing the Sumas, I didn't even adjust them, I can see plenty.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing the back seats of my 2 door. Adding some waterproof material in the gaps where the seats were fastened. That's pretty much it.
Sponsored