Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the Modular bumper at 6:17
Yep, you beat me to it. No fog lights and that stupid ridge line that’s left on the outer edges.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You guys almost have me sold on the "Capable" bumper... the only critical question is does the Capable Bumper interfere with any of the Sensors and such in Stock Form? I know once you put a winch on it, you will block the front Cam, but until I do... will "Forward Sensing", Adaptive Cruise, things like that all still work?

$1k seems steep for just a bumper without a winch, but if it give you the potential to bolt on things, is made of metal, and does not mess up any of the sensors... it may be worth it.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$1k seems steep for just a bumper without a winch, but if it give you the potential to bolt on things, is made of metal, and does not mess up any of the sensors... it may be worth it.
$1k isn't bad.

I just built a rear bumper with a tire carrier for a truck this summer. Maybe a couple hundred bucks in materials but I have no idea how many hours in cutting, shaping and welding it together. Figure paying somebody $100/hr to do it and $1k could be pretty cheap.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did a build out and included the Capable Bumper.... but something caught my attention... two things actually..

1.. the Capable is under a different section than say the Modular. This seems to suggest that it may not be part of the Invoice and so not a actually included in any of the "deals". In addition, it would seem that the dealer would be installing this so they would be removing the Factory bumper after the Bronco arrives. So longer delay? Do you get your original bumper?

2.. in BnP, it states that price does not include painting and dealer installation charges. Ford talked about reimbursement to dealers for Invoiced options... but if this falls outside that, does that mean besides the 1k, we have to pay to have it installed?

In the end, as of right now, seems like there are just way to many unknowns and I don't know how many will be cleared up by Order time. So unless some more details come out... I may not add this.

First Name
Anotherfinemess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Lexus, Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just add more confusion to this post.........Does anyone have any idea how the winch mounts? Does it fit behind the bumper or inside or in front where it will be the first thing to contact the boulder.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just add more confusion to this post.........Does anyone have any idea how the winch mounts? Does it fit behind the bumper or inside or in front where it will be the first thing to contact the boulder.
It appears to mount to the frame where the shackles / front tow hooks go.

Unbolt the hooks, bolt up the winch mount.
Ford Bronco What's the Capable bumper? FB251283-7472-4A50-AB48-15384FAEE2CD

Ford Bronco What's the Capable bumper? 519CB9C2-229E-4117-AF27-CD224474A48A

Ford Bronco What's the Capable bumper? 6DDBEE33-F144-4ABB-99DB-EBCD0D6DE1D5

It’s worth nothing both the modular and capable bumpers leave this area exposed, the standard bumper does not.

OP
OP
XirallicBolts

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's worth nothing both the modular and capable bumpers leave this area exposed, the standard bumper does not.
Maybe that's the key -- standard bumper, modified to have exposed front shackles that can be removed for a winch mount.

Which honestly sounds like something any aftermarket kit could do for $50. "Here's a template on where to cut your standard bumper."

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good thread, especially since we're not getting better info from Ford. So, in that vein, IF not adding a winch, are most folks going the capable bumper route over the heavy duty or stock bumpers? If those truly are fog lights on the capable, that's a nice addition (if the fog lights aren't standard for the trim level of your choice).

Thoughts?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe that's the key -- standard bumper, modified to have exposed front shackles that can be removed for a winch mount.

Which honestly sounds like something any aftermarket kit could do for $50. "Here's a template on where to cut your standard bumper."
Yeah, it looks to me that the bumperettes of the standard bumper are removeable. It would be a simple chore to make a cutout to add shackles and auxiliary lights, then you have the lower tow loops as a bonus. (Tow bar mount). That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it.

Ford Bronco What's the Capable bumper? 1606793219722

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are the fog lights included? That would really seal the deal for me with this

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the fog lights included? That would really seal the deal for me with this
On the capable bumper?

While there is no definitive “yes” from Ford... there’s also no evidence they are not.

Literally every single depiction of the capable bumper includes fog lights.

I’m operating under the assumption they are.

(as of right now I believe they are only listed as an option on vehicles that already have fog lights... though I didn’t go back and double check that, so I could be wrong)

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the capable bumper?

While there is no definitive “yes” from Ford... there’s also no evidence they are not.

Literally every single depiction of the capable bumper includes fog lights.

I’m operating under the assumption they are.
Ok Thanks that’s what I’m assuming too