Sponsored

What's with all the clicking and clacking the Bronco makes when shut off?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got my Bronco and over the last couple days I've spent a few hours in the garage doing things.

Turn that time I noticed that the Bronco never seems to shut up. It's always clicking and making relay type noises.

To give an example, I was installing my car seat covers, so I had all four doors open, the Bronco was off, and during the 3 hours it took me, the Bronco never stopped. Seem like every 20 minutes or so, I'd hear some sort of electronic something or rather clicking.

No wonder people are having issues with batteries! Seems like the Bronco never really ever turns off.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You must be new around here. It’s the various battery saver circuits. Leave your lights on, these time out relays kill power. Couple things going on in the engine too.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh come on guys. Everyone knows that this time of year the Elf on the Shelf is bouncing all around, watching everything you're doing. The fact that you can hear him, just means that he's not able to be as discreet as usual. Warn the kiddies!

That, or gremlins - I guess, depending on your beliefs?

Decked

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With every vehicle there are many systems that go through shut downs. Plus on top of that, all the metallic cooling down clicks as exhausts, turbo radiators etc expel the heat and shrink.

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CIA tracking you ??? 😁

The amount of electronics and automation in all vehicles today is unbelievable. Contributes to my biggest fear of long term dependability for all brands.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

You must be new around here. It’s the various battery saver circuits. Leave your lights on, these time out relays kill power. Couple things going on in the engine too.
Do you know which thread I can get this info? Looks like mine will be delivered next month and I want to be ready for as much of this as I can. Thanks

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you know which thread I can get this info? Looks like mine will be delivered next month and I want to be ready for as much of this as I can. Thanks
About two a week.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No it's not this. If it were a battery saver it would do its job and then shut down. Whatever this is kept going off.

I was able to narrow the area to somewhere around the Master brake cylinder in the engine bay (Or I guess it could be on the other side of the firewall in that area)

But it literally sounds like an extra loud relay clicking a couple times... And 2 hours after I shut the Bronco off I wouldn't think it would still be doing it.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it's not this. If it were a battery saver it would do its job and then shut down. Whatever this is kept going off.

I was able to narrow the area to somewhere around the Master brake cylinder in the engine bay (Or I guess it could be on the other side of the firewall in that area)

But it literally sounds like an extra loud relay clicking a couple times... And 2 hours after I shut the Bronco off I wouldn't think it would still be doing it.
Are you walking near it with the key? Is the key close all the time? It might be keeping it "alive" with the keyfob close all the time.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have a 2.7, the really loud clicking is coming from the EBB and is completely normal.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have a 2.7, the really loud clicking is coming from the EBB and is completely normal.
I do have the 2.7... why would the EBB be working well after being shut down... Is it because of the electronic parking brake?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you walking near it with the key? Is the key close all the time? It might be keeping it "alive" with the keyfob close all the time.
You know, that could be a possibility. I know the key wasn't in the Bronco, but it could have been in My pocket or sitting on my workbench which is only 3-4 feet away.

Next time I'll make sure to keep the keys further and see what happens.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do have the 2.7... why would the EBB be working well after being shut down... Is it because of the electronic parking brake?
Ford Bronco What's with all the clicking and clacking the Bronco makes when shut off? SSM 51227
Sponsored