First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's so weird... I have owned mine a short while, but have not had that issue at all, whether on the freeway, or not. I did put 35" tires on mine, and had Jeep Service re-torque the ball joints, since I heard they don't come properly torqued from the factory at times. Also, I have heard that the Mojave handles better than the Rubicon.
It could be a number of things. I know if I got any JT one of my first purchases would be the steering box support bracket I’ve seen a bunch of youtubers install to limit extra movement, and probably add a steering stabilizer too. Still, just an artifact of the recirculating ball steering that I guess I’m not used to. And frustrating that I’d have to add that day 1.

They had 1 Mojave on the lot when I got there, I asked to test drive that first and the guy went to go grab the keys. He came out and said “can’t do it, that one just sold”, and I saw another service manager bring it in for detailing before the handover to the new owner. I may hunt around town tomorrow and see if there are any more Mojave’s.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A year ago I was looking to replace my Canyon around this time with a Gladiator. Then the Bronco reveal changed all that, I wanted one as soon as I saw the reveal video. Unfortunately I didn’t make a reservation until September….due to not knowing any information at that point on trim levels and pricing, what dealer I would order through, switching dealers for reservations, but most importantly, where in the world I would be when I got it delivered (I move around a lot for my job including overseas). With being a soft top I thought I’d be able to skip a lot of people in line, but with the latest news of Ford cutting so much production and probably a lot more people ahead of me switching to soft top, I’ve gone back to looking at Gladiators. A Mojave on 35s would be awesome and I’d still be able to keep a truck bed, the main thing I’m losing by going to the bronco.
Amen brother! The unknown with Ford is what is bothering me. It's been since July 13th, 2020, and I still don't have a Bronco, WOW! I too was set on buying a Gladiator until the Bronco was announced. My situation is a little different than yours in that my Bronco was built 08/05, but the MIC will have it sitting at MAP until Nov/Dec, exposed to all of the elements! THEN, I found out that Jeep is offering Gecko Green, my fav color! So, I'm so, so close to placing an order tomorrow for Gladiator Sport S!! But now back to the Bronco forum, it has me pulling back to the Bronco. Don't get me wrong, Jeep has its own issues, like a chip shortage that's causing long delays!! Each have their pluses and minuses!! Good luck!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My back up plan is simple and free of drama.
Drive my current car and get a bronco when I can. No Jeep, No Toyota.
No disrespect to them as I am sure they are fine rides but my goal is to own a bronco.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
King’s Red MK8 GTI or Chief Blue Willys JL (both with 3 pedals of course)

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a car, but a stupid deer destroyed it. I can hold off for a few months, but I've requested a 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro in lime green. If Toyota calls me up saying I can have one before I have a build date for my Bronco, I might do it.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone thinking of buying something other than the new Bronco, due to the endless delays? If so, what's are you thinking?
Considering a Maverick and renting it out on turo a few times a month to try to cover some of its cost so I can continue to save more for my Bronco down payment. Or I might just keep trucking along in my 16 year old gold grandma Camry 😜.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amen brother! The unknown with Ford is what is bothering me. It's been since July 13th, 2020, and I still don't have a Bronco, WOW! I too was set on buying a Gladiator until the Bronco was announced. My situation is a little different than yours in that my Bronco was built 08/05, but the MIC will have it sitting at MAP until Nov/Dec, exposed to all of the elements! THEN, I found out that Jeep is offering Gecko Green, my fav color! So, I'm so, so close to placing an order tomorrow for Gladiator Sport S!! But now back to the Bronco forum, it has me pulling back to the Bronco. Don't get me wrong, Jeep has its own issues, like a chip shortage that's causing long delays!! Each have their pluses and minuses!! Good luck!
I don’t know what would be more frustrating, knowing I have a late reservation so getting a VIN is an absolute tossup between now and 12 months from now, or having it built and not being able to have it. At least if you were me, you could change your order to hopefully speed up delivery if that’s something you were trying to do.

Another thing really frustrating is the fact that the Gladiator locks so many of its features into the upper trims. Not being able to get a factory locker and restricting a ton of the upper features, like forward facing camera, to only Rubicon and Mojave really sucks. My build would end up being one of those trims with a mild 2” lift and tires. I wouldn’t be able to get a Sport S and build how I want without having to add onboard air for lockers, the lockers themselves, re gearing, all that stuff. I don’t really want to have to do that much to it out of the box on top of a lift, shocks, wheels and tires.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Nissan Z unveil this week made me want to keep my 4Runner and add a fun coupe.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this

Was looking at F-150 Tremors but can't get over that color scheme and the fact i'd be paying 2017-2020 Raptor prices for a regular F150 with a fancier trim.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting for the Bronco UNLESS the next gen 4Runner is a home run with a decent open roof option.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same as the last plan I outlined in the previous 19 threads asking the same exact thing.

nightowl

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 750, 2012 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no other plan