Sponsored

Whats your lifestyle, and how do you see the Bronco fitting into it?

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Retired from the Navy in 2002 and transitioned into what the Navy learned me...Aircraft maintenance. At 58, Retirement is on my radar now. Have been a long time Adv/Touring motorcyclist, But my wife isn't into long hauls on Two wheels. When the reveal went down, I looked at my wife and told her that I was going to get rid of my long hauls bikes (Keeping my solo, Spirited bike for blowing off steam) and we were getting a Bronco to spend time together on Four wheels vice Two. The Dog is super excited as well!!! All of my moto camping gear will transition nicely to the 2 door Black Diamond. Deciding on what configuration will fit our needs has been a helluva lot more daunting that any moto purchase that I've ever made (About 20 total).
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco will change my lifestyle. Getting into camping, overlanding, exploring...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, this guy was threatening to shoot three kids from the middle school nearby. I figured, "This is how I die." and pushed him into a door and locked it behind me. Putting myself between him and them.

All said and done, I hurt him, he hurt me. Unfortunately the door was glass and the kids saw what happened. They actually dragged me to a doctors office nearby after I passed out from the pain once I was outside.

He, meanwhile got dragged to the hospital and dumped by his partner. They're both now sitting in prison. Found out later, after the fact that he had murdered a 7-11 clerk and a 14 year old boy during a failed robbery a few weeks earlier.

Yup. Gonna enjoy that Bronco.
Cappy
I love ya man
If I could damn afford it I would just buy u the Bronc
U sure well deserve it
Another American hero

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Appalachia, a mile and a half from a maintained road. Xterra rusted out so I bought a crappy crossover. Hated it from day 2. Have been looking forward to getting a Bronco since they announced they were bringing it back. Will save wear and tear on my 9 year old Sierra, which I will be running until the wheels fall off, it was the last year you could get one without onstar. Still running the factory battery...

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was born on Nice Try Fed Lane.

My first pet was a Nicetry Fed.

I like to Nice, Try, and Fed on the weekends.

I make $n,ice,try,fed per year.

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aviation planner from Atlanta. First year or two don't see much changes to my lifestyle maybe a bit more time outside and less indoors. Will take it to go camping, hiking, fishing. I am open to some mild off-roading (re: ol dirt/gravel road). But once i get enough courage, I want to head out west to Utah and Colorado. Possibly overlanding the white rim trail or some of the passes that I've learned about in this forum. I just need a little off road experience and break-in period before going too extreme...also, not my daily driver. I have a boring 4dr camry for that.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be my DD, though I bike to work on sunny days (this will get rain and snow duty). There are lots of rental cabins and back roads to camp on in my neck of the PNW. I plan to continue lugging the SO and dogs around to places like that, although we'll spend more time exploring a given area on 4 wheels. I do snowboarding in the winter, maybe every other week. Drive up early morning, drive back late evening - the AOD is going to be pretty handy for that, given there tends to be snow on the ground... at least on the good days! The bronco is also going to make a 400 mile drive across the state a few times a year for visiting the 'rents, I'm going to appreciate the extra sound deadening in the roof I suspect.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a very outdoorsy 33 year old dad. I work 12 hour days in a power plant and I have a 47 minute commute. I go fishing from a kayak 50-100 days a year and I hunt about 30 days a year. My wife is very indoorsy but loves tagging along for smaller adventures with our three daughters.
Before they announced the return of the bronco, I planned on getting a truck or an early bronco for my adventures and winter driving. I haven’t decided whether my bronco will be daily driver or a garage troll only coming out on weekends.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

65. Married. Retired. Hiking, biking, running, kayaking, and landscape photography. Do a combination of these hobbies every day. I'll use the Bronco to get me to/from everywhere I need to go across the USA & Canada to do these things.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another trail runner/ultra runner here. Almost 40 one of our kids out of the house another joining the navy soon. Only two more to grow up and kick out.

Giving up my beloved van for a smaller more fuel efficient bronco that can tow my dirt bikes around and run from home (Maryland) up to the hills of WV for long weekends.

I’m a project manager for an electrical construction company. I’ll probably end up ditching my work vehicle and taking a stipend and driving the bronco...no gps or speed monitoring. Probably not the most financially sound deduction but life is short...

Looking forward to road trips with the bronco!

708BDB7F-E632-4ADE-9263-B1277760660C.jpeg
ACB23584-6BE7-45FF-875E-E1B6A57A6294.jpeg

Sponsored

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, sorry to slow this down, but I'm 75 and have COPD - no triathlons, marathons, or mountain climbing. I do walk 4 miles a day, however.
This is a "bucket list" Bronco. I've been in 46 states - 4 to go. Buying from Granger so will fly into WI (#1), pick up the Bronco at Granger in IA (#2) and head for home going through NE (#3) and OK (#4). Mission Accomplished!!
Also hope to get involved with local Florida Bronco groups for some Overlanding. I've had 5 Monteros and 1 Wrangler - none of them were off the highway.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Half a century rennasiance man,loves nice meals ,walks on the beach,outdoor activites i like to take it slow at first so if your grabby dont bother ,oh shoot wrong profile?

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
47... married, two kids.

I've always liked off road trucks but never purchased one. I had a v8 Touareg and now a v8 GJC.

I want a vehicle that is a bit more rugged in looks and interior, but still has the modern features that make hauling a wife and kid around easy and safe. I also want a truck that can easily handle potholed streets of urban chicago.

Mine will pretty much be a mall crawler. At best it might go down a gravel road every now and then, but the most off roading it will see if winter potholes and jumping a curb on the way to starbucks.

The other thing is I want a car that ages well. I hate how some cars look so dated after awhile. I'd like a car I can keep for 10+ years and still like looking at it.

My dream is an Icon Bronco, but those are a bit out of my budget right now so this is the next best thing.

I kind of view this as the first car I can customize the way I want aesthically... and I am finally at the point, money isn't really the limiting factor.

bentbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My partner and I work from home so this Bronco will be a weekend adventure vehicle for us and our malamute. We live in British Columbia and are surrounded by trails and mountains. We plan on camping a lot and enjoying the beautiful nature that surrounds us. The big overland trip we are planning on is driving to Alaska next summer. Hopefully, things will work out and this will happen. I have wanted a Bronco since I was a kid so I'm all in with this vehicle. Planning on getting a Badlands sasquatch in AMB.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

60++ Retired

Mostly, I sit around reading this forum

No, hunting, fishing, exploring and maybe more of this:
Ford Bronco Whats your lifestyle, and how do you see the Bronco fitting into it? IMGP4861.JPG
Sponsored