Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, gender is not complicated to me, but I believe the science ;).

My point with the Crown Vic is I don't think a parallel-rail frame used as the basic vehicle architecture defines what is a (light-duty) "truck". The Ridgeline is a pickup truck. It has a cab and a open box to carry stuff in. Body style and purpose are what differentiates the various nouns to describe a vehicle. Just as pronouns refer to gender, since you brought it up. ;)

The collision industry argument is analogous to the medical industry use of terms; a "myocardial infarction" is a heart attack in layman's term.
If it hasn't been pointed out already the only science that gender (as opposed to sex) has anything to do with is the social type, which is anything but believable.

Buttercup.the.bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. No purple heart here (and tons of respect for those who do have them).
Probably a poor taste joke in retrospect if taken the wrong way.
It was 100% a nod to the jokes made of Cotton Hill getting his shins shot off in the war.
Cotton Hill :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh this thread is the best.

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, I was going to say: twice as pretty but half as useful. 👍🏼
Fully will admit, I took style over substance. And I promise you when I have a kid, I will be driving a 4-door.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey you're not wrong, I'm just saying I would have appreciated it if Ford had looked at the last 5ish years of Jeep colors and said "We can do better" rather than "Let's play it safe"

Or done what VW recently did with the Spektrum program 😍😍

826527_81_79340_lUDTTZ3ev.jpg
While I certainly won't scoff at VW's "sub-exotic" paint program it does need a reference point.

It was a 2019 program only, and only if you bought a Golf R which MSRP'd at $41K (before options, plus D&D), and then the paint program was an extra $2,500. This easily resulted in OTD prices nearing $60K..... For a Golf...

It was also an outgoing model to be replaced by an all-new vehicle in 2020, and STILL only sold 4,223 units. This was 100% a program designed to scrap together a few last-model-year sales of a long-in-the-tooth vehicle. Bronco this is not.

Lightning Blue First Editions are already rarer than that :cool: (and some people STILL bought their First Editions in other colors! 🤯)

You could easily argue that the Ranger SPLASH! and limited edition Bronco trim levels (Heritage alluded to, Everglades is already getting VIN's) are drastically more exclusive than Spektrum was given the volume of production. Now, that the SPLASH! "colors" all suck is another matter.... (Having multiple shades of mushroom and off-white isn't exactly inspiriting for a lifestyle brand)

Ford's been incredibly conservative with colors on Bronco. I'd expect that to loosen up quite a bit by MY25 when the initial new model interest has died down predictably. Then we go roll our Broncos in Moab to insurance-out a new spec Bronco in the fun colors that eventually come!

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If people are arguing with you on here, then your opinion is actually unpopular. Well done.
I got a bunch of 😔 and 😡 reactions on my opinion, so I’d agree with you.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is wrong on so many levels.
Indeed. 35s are the most appropriate size to fit the proportions. But this is the unpopular opinion thread and that certainly fits.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought of another one. The SAS package is a ripoff and you can do the same things with aftermarket stuff for 1/3 the price.
Are you joking?

•Wheels and tire takeoffs are selling for $2000-2500
•Front and rear axle assemblies are $3900, not sure if it includes everything you need to wire the lockers to the blank hero switch spots
•someone on this forum has priced out just the coilovers, shocks, and springs for $1300.

That’s $7,200 as a low estimate with no labor included for a $6,000 option from the factory, hardly a ripoff. Good luck finding aftermarket options that accomplish what the Sasquatch package offers for $2,000.

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dont know if anyone mentioned... Naming Your Bronco.......... Yay ---- Nay ???
I think someone mentioned it way back. I would hope most people hate the idea of naming your car/ truck/ svu, it's just ridiculous.
"Everyone, meet Peach Fuzz. Peach Fuzz, this is everyone. Me and ol' Peach are going to have some super adventures!"
I swear some Bronco owner's want to have sex with it like it was a Mercury Mistress

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. 45 pages in a day and a half. I read the OP as "calling all trolls".

Didn't think this thread would be so unpopular 🙂
Sponsored

Last edited: