Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a good segment of the community that would gladly purchase a plug in hybrid like the 4xe or full ev bronco. Include me as one and I would have gladly purchased it over a combustion engine. Combustion is the past…as this will probably be the last ICE vehicle I buy.
Makes sense, but in today's critical world people would complain and say it's not really a Bronco because it's a hybrid. We already have people complaining about it not being a V8 or the fact that a 4dr isnt a Bronco or that the Sport is an Escape. Ford just keeping it simple and combustion engines will have their place in the future. If people love their cars then they'll drive them no matter what tech exists...
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
a full electric/BEV bronco would weigh 3 tons

Deleted member 3063

Why would you want a hybrid? Better gas mileage?
They have not released any details and having a hard enough time getting the gas models out... you won't see a hybrid for a long long long time. get the F150 Lightning or the Mach E
You, like a lot of people forgot the F150 Hybrid. For $2,500 you get 30 more HP, 70 more ftlb, 20% better mpg, 24/24/24 and runs 0-60 in 5.4sec.
This is no econo box cvt hybrid and Ford has all the parts needed to do the Bronco on hand. The only hitch is where to put the battery as the electric motor is built into the 10spd. Adds 200 lbs.
Oh, did I mention a tax break?
long long long time my rump

Last edited by a moderator:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You, like a lot of people forgot the F150 Hybrid. For $2,500 you get 30 more HP, 70 more ftlb, 20% better mpg, 24/24/24 and runs 0-60 in 5.4sec.
This is no econo box cvt hybrid and Ford has all the parts needed to do the Bronco on hand. The only hitch is where to put the battery as the electric motor is built into the 10spd. Adds 200 lbs.

long long long time my rump
Early assumptions thought the battery could be placed in the cargo area that is roughly 4 inches lower than the folded seat height. O understand the hidden compartment would be lost. There is also room under the rear seats.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Early assumptions thought the battery could be placed in the cargo area that is roughly 4 inches lower than the folded seat height. O understand the hidden compartment would be lost. There is also room under the rear seats.
I don't think battery placement is hard, just needs engineered if not done already.
Wonder how many off roaders might find an onboard generator system handy. It uses the engine to turn the motor, which provides up to a substantial 7.2 kilowatts of electricity to outlets in the bed.

Could use that to charge your buddy's EV at the trail head lol

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think battery placement is hard, just needs engineered if not done already.
Wonder how many off roaders might find an onboard generator system handy. It uses the engine to turn the motor, which provides up to a substantial 7.2 kilowatts of electricity to outlets in the bed.

Could use that to charge your buddy's EV at the trail head lol
I’d like it to help city mileage with big and heavy tires as well.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would you want a hybrid? Better gas mileage?

They have not released any details and having a hard enough time getting the gas models out... you won't see a hybrid for a long long long time. get the F150 Lightning or the Mach E

Gas is becoming expensive, as much as I love the Bronco but it's not making financial sense to me especially when I get it in 2022 and gas in San Diego at $5+, I'll need to spend $500+ on gas or buy an electric car and spend $50, people generally say those who buy those cars shouldn't worry about gas, it's a litte bit different story when you pay $5 per gallon for a 15mpg car and drive 15000 miles per year, I really love the Bronco but man it's only becoming a dream to own and daily drive one here in California, I'd buy an electric one in a heartbeat, I considered the 4xe but I don't know, didn't steal my heart as the Bronco did.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas is becoming expensive, as much as I love the Bronco but it's not making financial sense to me especially when I get it in 2022 and gas in San Diego at $5+, I'll need to spend $500+ on gas or buy an electric car and spend $50, people generally say those who buy those cars shouldn't worry about gas, it's a litte bit different story when you pay $5 per gallon for a 15mpg car and drive 15000 miles per year, I really love the Bronco but man it's only becoming a dream to own and daily drive one here in California, I'd buy an electric one in a heartbeat, I considered the 4xe but I don't know, didn't steal my heart as the Bronco did.
Yeah I feel ya. We aren't at $5 yet but right at $4. I live on an island so a tank can last a bit longer. My fear is going back to the mainland and taking the Bronco for a road trip ... ughhhh

But it gets more than twice the mileage as the Excursion I used to drive when I lived in Dixon, CA and my wife would drive it to San Diego to meet me when my ship pulled in to port. Yeah gas was under $3 but that thing you could watch the needle move as you were driving... it's a trade off. My plan is to get this and see how I like it. Once the get around to producing one with better gas mileage I'll know if I even want it or would rather get a more practical road vehicle. What I really want to do is move to Texas and get an RV and tow my Bronco around the country, then I have a play vehicle when we camp ... 🤔

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Makes sense, but in today's critical world people would complain and say it's not really a Bronco because it's a hybrid. We already have people complaining about it not being a V8 or the fact that a 4dr isnt a Bronco or that the Sport is an Escape. Ford just keeping it simple and combustion engines will have their place in the future. If people love their cars then they'll drive them no matter what tech exists...
I WANT TO HAVE THE BRONCO RAPTOR BE A HYBRID! PHEV is a good combo. If we could just get some time frame though, that would be helpful..

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those people can complain all they want.
And this whole thread is about people who.do love the Bronco, but would love a hybrid one even more.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people will resist change, no matter what the change. I think the writing is on the wall and Jeep (FCA, Stellani, whatever) is reading it as they roll their PHEV option out across the line. And it will sell at a premium.

Yeah I feel ya. We aren't at $5 yet but right at $4. I live on an island so a tank can last a bit longer. My fear is going back to the mainland and taking the Bronco for a road trip ... ughhhh
For me, and my 6 mile total daily usage, I'm not even super concerned about MPG, I'm PHEV for the torque, reduced maintenance, and camping features. I like the idea of using the electric motor to handle the events that put a lot of wear and tear on the gas motor; short trips before it has a chance to warm up (aka all of my daily driving). The other big thing I'm excited about is using the electric motor to provide low end torque. Using the motors to provide a smoother power curve before the turbos fully spool up would be awesome. To this point, I wonder if Ford will put a bigger turbo on the PHEV to make it that much more awesome. It would drain the battery more while producing many more smiles per gallon. I would not be surprised if Ford makes the PHEV the Raptor version of the Bronco. They can kill 2 birds with one package and just take all my money.

I would love to know when the PHEV package is coming. With any luck I may get a very late '21. If the PHEV drops in '24, thats easy, I'm not waiting. If its '22, then I definitely will wait. I'm frankly amazed that they launched without it. The Maverick has a hybrid.
Thinking about it logically, PHEV will drop for the Bronco in '23 with the PHEV new Ranger (which they are talking about 360+ hp, 500+ ft lbs torque, which is awesome).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a good segment of the community that would gladly purchase a plug in hybrid like the 4xe or full ev bronco. Include me as one and I would have gladly purchased it over a combustion engine. Combustion is the past…as this will probably be the last ICE vehicle I buy.
Absolutely. The MPG gave me pause because it was real at that point and I was thinking about how much fuel would cost my wife to drive a Bronco 5+ days a week. I love the 4XE even if it’s rated mileage is only 21, better than nothing.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some people will resist change, no matter what the change. I think the writing is on the wall and Jeep (FCA, Stellani, whatever) is reading it as they roll their PHEV option out across the line. And it will sell at a premium.

For me, and my 6 mile total daily usage, I'm not even super concerned about MPG, I'm PHEV for the torque, reduced maintenance, and camping features. I like the idea of using the electric motor to handle the events that put a lot of wear and tear on the gas motor; short trips before it has a chance to warm up (aka all of my daily driving). The other big thing I'm excited about is using the electric motor to provide low end torque. Using the motors to provide a smoother power curve before the turbos fully spool up would be awesome. To this point, I wonder if Ford will put a bigger turbo on the PHEV to make it that much more awesome. It would drain the battery more while producing many more smiles per gallon. I would not be surprised if Ford makes the PHEV the Raptor version of the Bronco. They can kill 2 birds with one package and just take all my money.

I would love to know when the PHEV package is coming. With any luck I may get a very late '21. If the PHEV drops in '24, thats easy, I'm not waiting. If its '22, then I definitely will wait. I'm frankly amazed that they launched without it. The Maverick has a hybrid.
Thinking about it logically, PHEV will drop for the Bronco in '23 with the PHEV new Ranger (which they are talking about 360+ hp, 500+ ft lbs torque, which is awesome).
I think you are representative of a lot of us. My commute would not be far from work to utilize going all electric just to get to and from work and combine when I go on trips. Honestly, just thinking about that prospect is pretty cool.

About the Raptor version of the Bronco, I would HOPE they do this. I have said plenty of times before, the 3.0 Explorer gas engine is not that much of a wow factor, it just does not make me really all that excited. The Aviator Hybrid setup makes me want to throw my money at it. I do not know how ford can work the magic to still get 21-24 mile range on pure electricity (riding on 37s, weight,ect..) like they do in the Aviator, but I am sure they can make it happen. I am keen to see the PHEV as the premier engine choice for the Raptor. I still think they will release it late 2022, maybe early 2023 from what I have read.

I am really just waiting anxiously for Ford to announce the Raptor/Warthog officially so I know what to do. I am sitting on a reservation for a Badlands, but will sell it off to someone.. I also have myself first on the list to get allocated the WH/Raptor when it drops!
Sponsored