Sponsored

When should I head to the dealership to convert from 22MY to 23MY?

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the recent news rolling out, I've been wondering if I should head to the dealership today or later after the order guide is released

When are you guys planning to visit?
Sponsored

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No need to rush into the dealer today or tomorrow.

Dealers are not getting the MY23 playbook until September 7th, and orders should be opening up for existing unscheduled order holders on Sept 12th.

Ford Bronco When should I head to the dealership to convert from 22MY to 23MY? MY2023 Orders Schedule

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to rush into the dealer today or tomorrow.

Dealers are not getting the MY23 playbook until September 7th, and orders should be opening up for existing unscheduled order holders on Sept 12th.

Ford Bronco When should I head to the dealership to convert from 22MY to 23MY? MY2023 Orders Schedule
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the difference between the order guide and the "playbook"?

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What's the difference between the order guide and the "playbook"?
The order guide explains all the 2023 Bronco options and features and changes.

The playbook will likely explain all of the Bronco specific info related to reservations, MY22 order rollovers, price protection, ordering, COVP, how to handle angry mobs from internet forums, etc.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't visit the dealership when I ordered in early 2021, nor when I re-ordered in October.

For my first order, I just wrote my on-line build to a PDF and e-mailed it to the sales manager. They then texted me my DORA.

For my second order, I either e-mailed them or texted them and said, "change my color to Hot Pepper" and resubmit for 2022.

It's 2022. There is no reason to waste a couple hours driving to a dealership just to order.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't visit the dealership when I ordered in early 2021, nor when I re-ordered in October.

For my first order, I just wrote my on-line build to a PDF and e-mailed it to the sales manager. They then texted me my DORA.

For my second order, I either e-mailed them or texted them and said, "change my color to Hot Pepper" and resubmit for 2022.

It's 2022. There is no reason to waste a couple hours driving to a dealership just to order.
You can tell the salesman what config you want remotely via email and such, but to protect yourself you must get a new purchase agreement in order to deal with the revised pricing.
Ford also advises all customers to re-submit the order demand with a new signed purchase agreement since the old one is tied to the past order which gets overwritten with the new one.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can tell the salesman what config you want remotely via email and such, but to protect yourself you must get a new purchase agreement in order to deal with the revised pricing.
Not a single dealership in the state would do a purchase agreement without a VIN when I ordered 18 months ago.

Bronc O’Yeah

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When are you guys planning to visit?
Prob anywhere around late September should be fine

Anytime before Nov 14 when the COVP will supposedly end

We have to Convert before Nov 14 I think - that's the deadline

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not noticed any feedback from Ford Mo Co lately on constrained items. My assumption (like many others) is that dealer allocation is the most impact-full on being scheduled. I assume that I will need to re-schedule a second time and I plan to add the tow package. I am a blue oval fan but this experience has been pathetic.

Sponsored

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer has conducted 100% of our transactions via email. When it was time to reorder for 2022, he sent me an email describing the process and the timing that was necessary. I followed and I was lucky enough to have a bronco built on 8/9/2022. Still waiting to receive it but I am grateful I don' t need to reup for 2023.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a single dealership in the state would do a purchase agreement without a VIN when I ordered 18 months ago.
Uh that’s weird I placed two orders at two different dealerships and one of them I had to push the salesman to sign it and the other dealership just wet signed and provided one to me even before I asked.

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh that’s weird I placed two orders at two different dealerships and one of them I had to push the salesman to sign it and the other dealership just wet signed and provided one to me even before I asked.
I've had the same luck in AZ. Only thing I can get is a DORA that I signed. My sales rep tells me, "we don't sign purchase agreements until delivery is scheduled" every time I've asked.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had the same luck in AZ. Only thing I can get is a DORA that I signed. My sales rep tells me, "we don't sign purchase agreements until delivery is scheduled" every time I've asked.
Oh... I thought you got yours already. I think we are both at Earnhardt if I recall correctly.
Sponsored