First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Badlands with an auto starts at $56,600, a Black Diamond with auto starts at $47,400.
Missed the auto part in the OP. But 51k for a BD is still a ripoff for a new vehicle. If I were OP I wouldn't drop that kind of money on Ford's price gouging.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my BD! I wouldve preferred a BL but a comparable build was about 5k more and a lot of the extras are things I would be changing anyway. I paid $42k for my 2dr with mid and tow, but that was 2yrs ago. I cant believe how much theyve gone up since then. Ive been in many different models and driven a few. I love the mgv and washout, and the 4.46 gear ratio is very nice.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_5894.jpeg
kudos for being only 18 and having $50k cash or even a credit score. Guessing you mowed lawns since you were 12.

All kidding aside you might want to talk to your insurance agent first to see if there is any major difference between the 2. It may alter your judgment. Otherwise with no family go for the 2 door.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Find a used two door. There’s good deals to be had. Probably could find a loaded badlands 2 door under $50k with less than 15k miles.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. Invest that money wisely. You could double it in a few years. You purchase new, trendy vehicles when you can afford to write a check and never notice that the money is gone.
How do you double your money in a few years? Where are you getting 30% returns?

I’m not being snarky, I’m totally serious and want to do what I’m doing wrong.

jeisfoto

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond. But I'd instead scour the market for a lightly used one. Supply is outpacing demand and deals are out there. If I were 18 again, I wouldn't have spent quite as much on the car hobby through my early driving years and made the habit of investing sooner. Debt is pricey, epically recently.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with many others, let someone else take the depreciation hit, especially if you want to off-road it. Personally, unless you are getting a smoking deal on a new one (well below MSRP), find a nice, high mileage Bronco. These things soak up mileage like nothing else I have owned previously (and I have 95k miles on mine, which they tell me on KBB is now worth $25k - MSRP was over $50k). Grab the extended warranty through Ford and don't look back.

Buying used would mean that you could walk away with a much nicer high or lux package Bronco for less money than you are considering paying right now on the low end Broncos. A higher mileage used Badlands with the high package could probably be had for less money than a new Black Diamond or Big Bend...

A young wise man once said, "more doors means more ...". That said, I removed the seats from the back of my 2 door. Love it configured this way, as there is so much cargo room. This is the way.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will have way more fun shoving your friends in the back seat of a 2dr than being the designated hauler for coolers/tables/etc...

Just sayin'. 2dr FTW! 🎉

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I had custom ordered, I would have snagged a 2 door Black Diamond - the locker and washout floor are what I miss the most.

But I caught my 4 door Big Bend. All the differences between the models can be made up for aftermarket - although the locker is a nice one to have up front, and a really big point in favor of the BD. I don't regret having snagged my BB though. And I'm very glad for the 4-door's larger gas tank and bigger cargo area, but only occasionally for the extra doors (mostly just because 4-door accessories are easier to find).

In your case, the real question is 4 door or 2 door?

I have always bought new vehicles, even my first car was new - although I had to sacrifice an awful lot to do it. I don't regret it - but I also don't recommend it to other people. Good condition used is a way more logical and financially responsible approach. $50k for what amounts to the 2 lowest-end trims does seem awfully steep. Even shopping around nationally and flying out for a road trip may save you a few thousand bucks.

Last edited:

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond.

Big Bends are meh without lockers or the 'Crotch package, the "me too!" models of broncos until they're modded

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BD all day. Never settle for something you aren't happy with on a new vehicle or you will windup losing money and trading it in.
Sponsored