First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my lease will be up in two months so I’m currently shopping for my next vehicle. My dealer has a 22 big bend 4 dr 2.3 with 7 sp soft top only option it has is the push button unlock pad..I love the color and how it looks but I’m wondering if I will wish I had found one with more options…they also have 2 obx’s coming in but I have a feeling they will be above my budget..the other option we discussed was a ranger tremor that is also in roUte ..I will have to add a trailer hitch as none of them have one ( except the tremor) but I’m assuming that is do able but I’m undecided about the manual transmission vs auto and the 2.3 vs the 2.7..also I’ve always owned a truck this would be the first time I’ve not had one..for anyone that’s made that switch do you find you miss it or do you just adapt?
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO, sounds like you’re settling instead of getting what you want. I got an OBX with the 2.7, auto, and basically every option. I’m very happy. There are folks on here waiting years to get one. Get the one you want, not the one they have. Good luck.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Order exactly what you want and work out a lease extension till it comes in? Use build and price on the OBX for exactly what you want and see where it comes in. My SAS OBX was ordered Nov 1, got a build date early Jan and was delivered May 1. Six months, $20k under what similarly equipped used ones were selling for, and worth the wait.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

R (8).jpeg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is the last year for the current Ranger body style so unless you gotta have a truck I'd hold off on that option for now. Between the BB or OBX really depends if there's an option you have to have. I'm still waiting on my HE which is based on BB but gives you mid pkg with manual so I'm happy plus I'm a 2 door so I'm good with the smaller engine.

Personally with a bigger 4 door I'd choose the six and with the OBX you get all the pkg options so it goes back to what do you gotta have and what can you afford? Ordering banks should open soon and some dealers have allocation for a dealer order so there's that option to have them order exactly what you want within current constraints.

Either way good luck!

Sponsored

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got top end and sure I might be set back financially a bit but at end of day I’d of been disappointed saving some bucks on a black diamond 2.3.
If you get a bronco or Jeep get the one your happy with imo if not just get a more realistic vehicle.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
try looking more and find something close to what you want NEW for MSRP.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my lease will be up in two months so I’m currently shopping for my next vehicle. My dealer has a 22 big bend 4 dr 2.3 with 7 sp soft top only option it has is the push button unlock pad..I love the color and how it looks but I’m wondering if I will wish I had found one with more options…they also have 2 obx’s coming in but I have a feeling they will be above my budget..the other option we discussed was a ranger tremor that is also in roUte ..I will have to add a trailer hitch as none of them have one ( except the tremor) but I’m assuming that is do able but I’m undecided about the manual transmission vs auto and the 2.3 vs the 2.7..also I’ve always owned a truck this would be the first time I’ve not had one..for anyone that’s made that switch do you find you miss it or do you just adapt?
I traded the F150 for the Bronco and never looked back. I too have always had a truck, but I also have two trailers so not having a truck isn't a problem. I have a 2 dr Badlands with the 2.3 7M and love it. Get the Bronco you can afford now. If you don't like it, trade it in on another one.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That there is a very undesirable Bronco, because the Big Bend trim only makes if need a 7 pin trailer harness, or the mid-package, which it has neither, it doesn't even have the rear-locker which should be a no-brainer for anyone getting a BB.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only you can decide what you want as far as options. I'm going from a 2001 XJ Cherokee to a Bronco Base.... it will be a huge upgrade as far as technology and creature comforts. I'm going to be overwhelmed with gizmos! And likely annoyed by a bunch of them too....
Now if you're used to driving a Lexus, a bare-bones Bronco will feel like a dinosaur.

The 2.3 is very capable. If you will be towing, the 2.7 may be a better choice. A trailer can replace your pickup bed if you don't haul frequently.

Auto vs manual is a personal choice. I like sticks in my cars but always had autos in my trucks. Sticks can be a pain in stop and go traffic or if there are steep hills.

Sitting in a Bronco feels more like my '91 F-150 than it does my XJ. If you're used to driving a truck, the Bronco will be a natural.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to tow than the Ranger is the better call with it’s much higher tow rating and longer wheelbase.

OP
OP
PM710

PM710

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they are supposed to give me all the numbers tomorrow and that should give me a better idea where my budget will be. as far as towing I dont currently have a trailer but my thought was to get a 6x12 utility trailer just to haul the trash or make a home depot run or move my John deere garden tractor around.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
OBX is automatic only.

Life is too short to drive an automatic. I'd have never even considered a Bronco if I had to get an auto instead of a stick.

No option Big Bend makes me go ???!!!. That's the lowest trim you can option a rear locker. Why would anyone not order the locker for an additional $800.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That there is a very undesirable Bronco, because the Big Bend trim only makes if need a 7 pin trailer harness, or the mid-package, which it has neither, it doesn't even have the rear-locker which should be a no-brainer for anyone getting a BB.
Big Bend is the least expensive way to get a 4-door stick-shift. But... not ordering the rear locker makes no sense. IMHO that's the main reason to spend $5k more than a base. Because all you get otherwise is a leather wrapped shifter knob and factory tint on the hard top, which needs a darker tint anyway.

Mid package I can see adding or not. Lots of people like it. I really hate Ford's dual zone automatic HVAC, and very much prefer the basic brute force HVAC controls on the Standard package.
Sponsored