Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm not a fan of color matched tops, and something just seems off the white isn't a perfect match maybe its the texture of the MIC top and lack of prep.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I caught this on IG and had not seen it posted here yet. Painted MIC, white to match a white WildTrak 4 door.

View attachment 153481

View attachment 153482
I much prefer the same coloured top. I would definitely have ordered a coloured top if they were available. I will wait and see what the durability is on the painted tops before considering this route.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, looks good.

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm not a fan of color matched tops, and something just seems off the white isn't a perfect match maybe its the texture of the MIC top and lack of prep.
About the comment for color match. It does seem a little grayer or something like that. For anyone who may not know this you often cannot use the same exact paint on two different substrates

For anyone having plastic painted to match steel or aluminum that has been painted I believe a modification is generally needed to optimize the color match.

On the other hand anyone who’s paying close enough attention will probably notice that most plastic bumper covers on most vehicles do not match perfectly the color of the paint of body panels coming from manufacturers across-the-board/Oems. It’s challenging And there are a variety of variables and extensive color matching efforts and processes before releasing for production. So getting a hard top painted to match may result in the same slight mismatch for some of you who may have this done if comparing other plastics to metals that have been painted with the intention of achieving the same color. For the truly fanatical it is something to consider before having it painted. And if plastics are prepped properly in the correct paint is used and primer if appropriate to bond materials together there should be long lasting results.

Unfortunately As many may know the greatest limitation in paint performance (as most or all paint manufactures will tell you from home paints to automotive paint)is generally related to improper prep work. Whether for rust prevention, painting plastic or steel fence railings, vinyl siding, shutters, bumpers or plastic or fiberglass body panels

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Erroneous!!!

this can’t be done!

this won’t hold up.

If this was an option Ford would paint them.

that will chip soon.
They haven't stood the test of time yet, so lets hope all those nay sayers are wrong. This dealer is in Texas, so we have at least 2 shops stepping up now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you see it in person?

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Colored tops aren't for me but it's good to see a lot of customization so far
Agree. I don’t get the whole white top fascination, but it is very cool how many people are customizing their Broncos.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m reeeeally curious to see how these painted MIC tops last in a year. I hope they do last and that they were painted properly.

Watch, “painted MIC top” will be Ford’s solution to their issues…

I think this white top looks great! Didn’t think I’d like it, but I do.
I'm more curious to see how unpainted MIC tops last, period. Might as well paint that mess and hide Ford/Webastos sorry ass work. I agree this white on white top looks amazing.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree. I don’t get the whole white top fascination, but it is very cool how many people are customizing their Broncos.
Im not denying that many early Broncos had white roofs, but Ford stole the idea from the International Scout. They had white roofs for several years before Broncos.

I had a Scout back then and it was a great vehicle for it’s time. Then International came out with the Scout II in the early 70’s and it absolutely destroyed sales of early Broncos. When Ford canceled the early Bronco the Scout II was outselling Bronco by 2 to 1.

I guess that’s why I don’t get the fascination on B6G for white roofs, in my memory it was just a lame copycat move by Ford that did not work.

537F8546-4CBB-4A5D-9358-5FEDD1714D66.jpeg

Last edited: