ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my wife called me all excited when she saw a "Bronco" in front of our dealer. I actually had to take her inside and have a salesman explain the difference. She wouldn't believe me
I am actually surprised that the salesman knew the difference! I went to go look at an A51 Sport to get an idea of the color, and they tried their best to sell it to me. The salesperson did not even know there was another Bronco coming...
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looooooved that! Was supposed to get a hook up on the second gen when I was 16 but it fell through. Wasn’t it supposed to replace the mustang?
Way back when I remember a big ruckus and excitement about the Mustang Mach III concept (1992-1993). It was supposed to be the 4th gen Mustang, and got more than a little bit of styling cues from the Probe (which in itself was supposed to be this futuristic, Wraith-like sports car).

Unfortunately, as corporate Ford (and all automakers other than exotics) and NTSB get involved, the public gets the watered-down versions (actual Probe and the actual 4th gen Mustang).
And to be honest I'm glad they didn't make this one. The Mach III was cool in the day but now, not so much.
I mean, I'm not hating too badly, as I have a 94 Cobra (quickly changed the horizonal tail lamps for the better 95 and up look). It has the SVT badge, the cobra badges, the sought-after Cobra calipers. But to be honest makes a lot of noise through the H pipe dual exhaust and doesn't really get anywhere fast, truth be told.
Going to paint it Mystichrome for my daughter to have when she turns 16.
Pics of that Mach III concept to save some of ya'll some Google time:

mach III front.jpg

mach III rear.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Jeep guys at work swear up and down the Sport is the Bronco and that the big Bronco is vaporware
"Vaporware is hardware or software that has been announced, but has missed its release date by a significant amount of time. "

Well there was that 2004 concept Bronco. ;) And I heard a new Bronco will be available for ownership by the general public at some future date between this summer and 2023. Those who've waited can get their new Bronco and AARP card at the same time!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to recommend a new "Bronco" naming convention:

1. BS - Bronco Sport
2. 4-Door "Bronco", it's a "Bronco", but with 4-doors
3. Bronco, which is a Bronco as God intended the Bronco to be

And it goes without saying that an EB is an EB, always in a class by itself!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny how all the different groups came about big bronco,little bronco,2dr,4dr,all the trims,ect im just going to enjoy my base man squatch and be happy for everyones choice ( and be glad i didnt get an ugly 4dr) 🤣

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to recommend a new "Bronco" naming convention:

1. BS - Bronco Sport
2. 4-Door "Bronco", it's a "Bronco", but with 4-doors
3. Bronco, which is a Bronco as God intended the Bronco to be
I was thinking...

1. The New Bronco II (although it will always be "Baby Bronco" to me)
2. The Family Bronco
And of course...
3. Bronco (we definitely agree on that one)

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking...

1. The New Bronco II (although it will always be "Baby Bronco" to me)
2. The Family Bronco
And of course...
3. Bronco (we definitely agree on that one)
I like "Family Bronco", could also be the "I have too much sh*t Bronco"

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny how all the different groups came about big bronco,little bronco,2dr,4dr,all the trims,ect im just going to enjoy my base man squatch and be happy for everyones choice ( and be glad i didnt get an ugly 4dr) 🤣
At the 4x4 Expo in Phoenix, the guy jokingly threatened to take back the t-shirt and stickers he had given me when I referred to the 4-door as ugly.🤣

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like "Family Bronco", could also be the "I have too much sh*t Bronco"
It just seems that every time somebody on here gives a reason why they "have" to have a 4-door it involves dogs and/or children.

Edit: I do have too much sh*t. So I am better off with something smaller so I quit bringing so much extra crap with me.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It just seems that every time somebody on here gives a reason why they "have" to have a 4-door it involves dogs and/or children.

Edit: I do have too much sh*t. So I am better off with something smaller so I quit bringing so much extra crap with me.
LOL, like people didn't have kids from 1966-1996!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too have had this same conversation multiple times - including once with a dealer.

Went to a nearby dealership to see CO in person on a Ranger. Mentioned to my wife it was essentially the same frame as the Bronco I have reserved.

Dealer starts explaining about how the Bronco is shorter, then goes on about how quickly they are selling, can't keep them on the lot, etc. I pointed how he's talking about the Sport, which is definitely smaller and based on the Escape.

He assured me he meant the Bronco, said he'd been to the training, ridden in them off road, etc. Not really getting anywhere in the conversation. Then he says he thinks they still have one on the lot, to which I replied it's definitely the Sport.

So we walk over and I get to see my very first A51... Bronco Sport.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the "I saw your Bronco on the TV commercial" all the time.

I like the commercial but the implications for RAM branding here is low hanging fruit for them! (not exactly a goat but still...)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had to explain to my sister-in-law twice now that the one she just saw is not the Bronco I'm getting. Both times she has said "well good, I don't know why you would want to trade your Wrangler away for that". Keep in mind she drives a Renegade and calls it a Jeep.
Although keep in mind, Jeep is an established brand, under which different vehicles have different names. Your sister-in-law is correct she owns a Jeep, in the sense you might say you own a Ford.

And also under the Jeep brand, Jeep has unique names for vehicles, so they don't have this odd situation of "Jeep Jeep" when trying to refer to a Wrangler. Even when Jeep came out with a pickup based on the Wrangler, they gave it a name Gladiator.

Clearly there is some confusion in the general public over Ford's decision to try and make Bronco into a brand, rather than an individual vehicle. And confusion with Ford's decision to give a vehicle under the Bronco brand, the same name as the brand (Bronco Bronco).

Time will tell if this was a good decision in terms of the general public marketing. Hopefully over time it works out well for Ford, and maybe Bronco is eventually accepted by the public as a brand of vehicles.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted a probe back in the day. Instead I got a 1989 notch back LX Mustang 4 banger.

Ford Bronco Who else is dealing with this? mach III rear
@HTX1811, now do you still have the notchback? Those are making a comeback these days! It would make a fun toy.
Sponsored