Sponsored

Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I am not new and have heard this all before but was blown away on how bad this issue is. I am just dumbfounded that Ford would approve these!
It appears that those complaining about gravel/rocks flying up from tires have never driven on many dirt or gravel roads in the past.
I grew up traveling dirt roads. Road rash is just part of the equation…..doesn’t matter what tires.
There are lots of whiners on here that have never been off of the pavement until they purchased a Bronco.
Real first world problems.😉
Have a f150 tremor with grabbers and travel same gravel roads as Bronco with GY, have yet to pick up more than a couple rocks with Grabbers...
Sponsored

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rocks thrown up on the running boards; I was only going 10-20mph tops.
0.jpg
Cry babies. Maybe you should blame the Road commissioner or your counties street dept. I guess you should have checked the tire delete option then the dealer could have put on the tires of your choice

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

1 (5).jpg
1 (6).jpg
1 (7).jpg
1 (8).jpg

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

1 (5).jpg
1 (6).jpg
1 (7).jpg
1 (8).jpg

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to learn about this! But, not surprised= I will never own Goodyear passenger/truck tires EVER again. Lucky for us, we got Bridgestone's on our Base delivered 10/17/22. Goodyear ag tires ok.....they sold the name to Titan. Have to think they are hurting; pbly cut Ford a deal they couldn't (but, should have) "refused"...for Quality reasons, at least, imo.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad my badlands got the KO2’s. (they pick up rocks too though)

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a SAS OBX with factory running boards and I added Rekgen front flaps. The boards + flaps help out a lot. Only 1 rock chip after 3 months of ownership. No gravel roads for me yet, but I’ve heard plenty fly up and they all seem to mostly hit under the running boards.

E916A96B-084D-4470-AB5A-EAC883E3675F.jpeg

8DC5CBB8-03CB-4DC3-A6E2-F0682791828E.jpeg

AC997082-03EC-4D26-8901-DDE01E0F78E4.jpeg

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny thread.... I have spent a lot of time (grew up) on gravel. Gravel roads are simply brutal on everything. Most new tires will pick rocks at first but generally mellow out some after the sharp edges of the lugs wear a little. I would expect any Bronco tire is not really going to wear quickly - especially a 315.

I'm curious if there are any midwest guys here that have run the Goodyear Territory for an extended period of time on gravel.
- Do they every stop being rock magnets?
- How do they wear / hold up?

Edit - I'm not knocking any previous comments and I realize the OP lives on gravel so he has a valid argument. I'm really just curious if anyone has put some normal daily driver gravel miles on the Territory and can attest how they hold up.

Last edited:

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? AC997082-03EC-4D26-8901-DDE01E0F78E4
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? AC997082-03EC-4D26-8901-DDE01E0F78E4
They made the tires with smaller gaps to reduce road noice. You probably didn't have the rock issue before because the gaps were larger. That also make the tires noisier. I did the Firestone Destination Xt tires. Super quiet but they do grab rocks. I'd rather have the quiet.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late to the party and I haven't read all 11 pages so if it is mentioned, I apologize. But being a service manager for Ford and reading the headline how could Ford possibly be at fault for "POS" tires collecting rocks other than that is what they equipped the truck with? These are things that I deal with on my service drive that really make me scratch my head and go really?

I know it has been said but they are all C rated supposedly for weight savings for fuel economy. The Braptor with 37" BFG's are also C rated. Goofy IMO yes but the government and the auto manufacturers are always trying to regulate and mandate unfortunately.

Not trying to start a battle or ruffle feathers but it always intrigues me the general publics perceptions vs. what we see in the dealerships as reality. After 20 years I am numb to a lot of it but still find it fascinating.

Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

As a quick fix, deflate down to 32 psi cold….they run better down there.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that those complaining about gravel/rocks flying up from tires have never driven on many dirt or gravel roads in the past.
I grew up traveling dirt roads. Road rash is just part of the equation…..doesn’t matter what tires.
There are lots of whiners on here that have never been off of the pavement until they purchased a Bronco.
Real first world problems.😉
I find that a ton of people on this site just need something to bitch about. Hell, if we took away everything there is to bitch about, they'd bitch that there is nothing to bitch about. Welcome to modern times where there is nearly zero appreciation for such an awesome new vehicle that has so much to offer. Everyone wants to spread the hate.......... Hey! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a quick fix, deflate down to 32 psi cold….they run better down there.
I agree my last Black Diamond tires were way over inflated from dealer. I aired the General Grabbers down to 32 psi and much better ride also.

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I find that a ton of people on this site just need something to bitch about. Hell, if we took away everything there is to bitch about, they'd bitch that there is nothing to bitch about. Welcome to modern times where there is nearly zero appreciation for such an awesome new vehicle that has so much to offer. Everyone wants to spread the hate.......... Hey! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
I love the Bronco has a BD 2 door like it so much and wanted more room when with Outer Banks SAS. I was just saying 35 years on gravel road and I have never seen tires load up on this many rocks.
Sponsored