Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is handy to have a way to get into the car when you don't have a key.

LIke if my wife has her big blob of keys in her purse I can still run something out to the car without tracking her down.
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got to assume that with the lux package you can unlock the door just by having the key near it..... right? Without taking key out and pushing any kind of button to.

I would like to know this as well. like on the mustang and fusion?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't have it now so I'm not gonna miss it.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
carrying keys is for suckers.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The B&P version is hardwired to the vehicle. Thus, no battery dependency. That's an advantage of adding it via B&P; however, as I've said before, I like mine hidden. So, I get the battery versions after the purchase and stick it on out-of-plain-sight.

I have a Mustang and Explorer. Both using battery type units ($80) and have never taken the keys out of the vehicles. Just too convenient for MTB riding, swimming, shorts and no pockets kinda days at the beach and letting others go wait in the truck without having to be there (for various reasons).
Are they though? Cause even guys who got it from the factory with their Rangers they're stick on. These look exactly like the ranger one and they come out of the same plant.

If they are wired that would be fantastic, still fugly but nice to not worry of battery failure. But until Ford confirms I will assume they're the stick on ones.
The only difference I can find between Bronco and Ranger keypad is that one states it is "SecuriCode" (I think that trademark is to ensure you never buy that brand). However, when we ordered the Ranger it did not list the brand of keypad, that has been added to the B&P in it's second model year. I would operate under the assumption Bronco will use the SecuriCode POS.

They look identical between Bronco and Ranger except they are more expensive for Bronco.

Either way, Bronco will NOT have a hard-wired keypad. To do so the parts content variability is insane and would drive that price up drastically.
  • Different door skin due to hole in metal for canon plug
    • Or labor to drill the hole, then re-plating door skin for rust prevention prior to a separate process for painting those doors out of sequence with others in their color group
  • Different Wiring harness from keypad to door plug (removable door)
  • Different wiring harness from ECU to door (removable door)
  • Different keypad than they use on other models
  • All supporting clips, vibration mitigation, water protection
Bronco:
Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? 1605038072860

Ranger
Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? 1605038139002

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll not own vehicle without it. The convenience of the keypad to me FAR outweighs any arguments against it...IMHO

It is patented by Ford, you won't find it on any other brand (besides Lincoln)
Yeah, well except it used to be on the Nissan Maxima, Altima, Titan . . . so unless Ford owned Nissan at one time . . . :rolleyes:

Think it was on some Euro's too like Renault but definitely a lot less volume of those, at least here in the U.S.

Way back when my Dad was thisclose to buying a Maxima, which is where I first saw the keypad thingie. Salesdude didn't want to deal so Dad kept driving around and ended up pulling into a Volvo dealer. Test drove and bought a 760 Turbo I-6 that day (that he later upgraded with an intercooler, in his garage, when Volvo introduced that). One day I'm visiting and sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich when my Mom answers the phone. It's the Nissan salesdude, tells Mom they still have that car on the lot but "they are getting a lot of interest". Mom says oh go ahead and sell it, then, my husband already bought a car. Salesdude asks if she minds telling him what he bought - "Sure, he bought a Volvo 760 Turbo". Salesdude pauses and then says "Um, he couldn't possibly have bought that for what he was looking to pay for the Maxima". Mom says, no, he spent more - but he felt it was worth it. If you'd just met his asking price he'd have bought that car from you right then and there - but since you've got all those buyers it shouldn't be a problem for you. Bye! ?? My Mom was the coolest.

Apologies for the thread drift, but thinking of a Maxima with a keypad reminded me.

I'll be getting a keypad on the Bronco but may choose to pick one up and install it myself in a better location. My sister has one on her new Vandoit (based on Transit Van) and loves it and she and her husband are very active outdoors (mountain biking, kayaking, Ironman and other stuff that makes me tired thinking of it) so for them being able to leave everything behind, securely, is a big boon.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, well except it used to be on the Nissan Maxima, Altima, Titan . . . so unless Ford owned Nissan at one time . . . :rolleyes:

Think it was on some Euro's too like Renault but definitely a lot less volume of those, at least here in the U.S.

Way back when my Dad was thisclose to buying a Maxima, which is where I first saw the keypad thingie. Salesdude didn't want to deal so Dad kept driving around and ended up pulling into a Volvo dealer. Test drove and bought a 760 Turbo I-6 that day (that he later upgraded with an intercooler, in his garage, when Volvo introduced that). One day I'm visiting and sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich when my Mom answers the phone. It's the Nissan salesdude, tells Mom they still have that car on the lot but "they are getting a lot of interest". Mom says oh go ahead and sell it, then, my husband already bought a car. Salesdude asks if she minds telling him what he bought - "Sure, he bought a Volvo 760 Turbo". Salesdude pauses and then says "Um, he couldn't possibly have bought that for what he was looking to pay for the Maxima". Mom says, no, he spent more - but he felt it was worth it. If you'd just met his asking price he'd have bought that car from you right then and there - but since you've got all those buyers it shouldn't be a problem for you. Bye! ?? My Mom was the coolest.

Apologies for the thread drift, but thinking of a Maxima with a keypad reminded me.

I'll be getting a keypad on the Bronco but may choose to pick one up and install it myself in a better location. My sister has one on her new Vandoit (based on Transit Van) and loves it and she and her husband are very active outdoors (mountain biking, kayaking, Ironman and other stuff that makes me tired thinking of it) so for them being able to leave everything behind, securely, is a big boon.
I've already stated it once before, I stand corrected. (Again, apparently)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly - anywhere you have cell service or wifi . . .
Well I don't lock my cell phone or keys in my vehicles when I'm 30 miles off the beaten path in the CO mountains while dispersed camping.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dated is using a physical key and put it in to unlock the door. Or leaving the wing window latch up so you can push it open from the outside and open the door.

I have it on my F150 (B-pillar) and use it a lot. It’s nice when just wanting to get something out of the truck and not having keys around.
Oh man, wing windows! Fire up the way-back machine, Sherman! And, for a brief time, the most ridiculous option of all - POWERED wing windows! Thanks for the memories!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I said I have it on my F150 and don't use and I go off the grid more than most people do and have never once thought about locking my phone or keys in my truck in the middle of BFE.

You guys that are so dead set on getting one, and against being tethered to your phone, are you also getting the lux package too for the universal door opener so you don't have a giant garage door opener just hanging on your topless bronco's visor?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had a thought... you leave your keys in your Lux Bronco with the garage door opener and nice GPS with your home address plugged in. Someone could break a window (or cut through the soft top), fire up your Bronco, click "home" on your GPS, open your garage, and be off with whatever they want.

There are definitely times that I leave me keys in the car and use the keypad, but I urge everyone to use caution! Maybe don't program your home address into the GPS too...

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had a thought... you leave your keys in your Lux Bronco with the garage door opener and nice GPS with your home address plugged in. Someone could break a window (or cut through the soft top), fire up your Bronco, click "home" on your GPS, open your garage, and be off with whatever they want.

There are definitely times that I leave me keys in the car and use the keypad, but I urge everyone to use caution! Maybe don't program your home address into the GPS too...
Yeah, I always set "home" to the center of the adjacent town for that exact reason...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure yet. Had it on the wifes Edge and the Explorer. At least on the Explorer it is in hidden in the B pillar.

it is very useful when I have to run out to her car and get something that me/her or my son left in the car and I don't have the keys on me.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just gonna use my app....