D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious as to how many of you are considering moving on from the Bronco?

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I built a reserved a 2 door Basequatch in Velocity Blue.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
Iā€™ve talked a big game to myself about walking, but the only reason Iā€™d do it is if I needed the $ to buy a house or something. Hereā€™s the cancel/keep rationale for meā€¦

1. If I cancel, I donā€™t get no Bronco (frowny face)
2. If I cancel, the dealership gets my Bronco and marks it up big time for the first passerby with a briefcase full of money
3. I want a Bronco, not just some thing to drive off road. I have a 4-wheeler for that. I donā€™t want a Jeep or Tacoma or Land Rover or any of that. I want a Bronco or nothing.

So, as satisfying as it might seem for me to call and cancel, it doesnā€™t help me get a Bronco.

Ford surely wonā€™t care. The dealership will probably give me a hug and thank me. Some schmo with too much money will be driving around in the Bronco I ordered.

Oh, also, I have a VIN. So thereā€™s light at the end of a very long tunnel for meā€¦that hopefully is a Bronco, but might be a train.
Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just nowā€¦ā€¦received a message from my dealer. My 08/23 build week with a 08/25 build day and a delivery date of 09/04 has been moved to a build week of 09/06. I am going to quit torturing myself by logging on here every day. Iā€™ll be back whenever/if ever I get my new Bronco.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership told me today that 95% of their orders including probably mine are going to be 2022ā€™s due to all of the delays. They have 60 orders total. Yeesh.
I mean itā€™s going into the second week of August. Iā€™m not surprised. Bad news just seems to be par for the course at this point.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it's a bit tough but i have got to the point of not really thinking about. I work about 64 hours a week between monday and friday so it keeps my mind occupied. The only time i think about my future bronco is when i hop onto this forum once a week to see if there any interesting discussions. It's good, i've always been a pretty patient guy.

Sponsored

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's either that or a bunch if whiney people that can't get their heads out if the sand, look around and realize EVERYTHING is struggling right now.

Heck it took me a month to turn up two pairs of Wrangler jeans in the right size. On a semi related note I did buy a pair of Carharts to tide me over... it was getting pretty dire though.

Everybody is crying for new hires, everybody is short on product. It is how things are right now.
I mean you say that but then I can go today and buy a Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco Sport, Toyota 4Runner, Ranger Tremor.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After ignoring all the signs of a shit-show, I finally caved and ordered a Maverick. Iā€™m not throwing in the towel on the Bronco. Iā€™ll keep that order open. But I need to take advantage of my trade in value before the market levels out.
Submitted an order on a whim. Received a VIN and production date the next day. Maybe I just wasnā€™t meant to have a BroncošŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Once (IF) the Bronco arrives Iā€™ll decide if I want to dump the Maverick for the Bronco. The condition the Bronco arrives in will play a big factor in my decision. Having the Maverick coming in hot will take a little pressure off of the Bronco fiasco in my life.
makes you wonder why Ford can get parts for the Maverick already but still can't get them for Broncos makes you think there is more to it.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve talked a big game to myself about walking, but the only reason Iā€™d do it is if I needed the $ to buy a house or something. Hereā€™s the cancel/keep rationale for meā€¦

1. If I cancel, I donā€™t get no Bronco (frowny face)
2. If I cancel, the dealership gets my Bronco and marks it up big time for the first passerby with a briefcase full of money
3. I want a Bronco, not just some thing to drive off road. I have a 4-wheeler for that. I donā€™t want a Jeep or Tacoma or Land Rover or any of that. I want a Bronco or nothing.

So, as satisfying as it might seem for me to call and cancel, it doesnā€™t help me get a Bronco.

Ford surely wonā€™t care. The dealership will probably give me a hug and thank me. Some schmo with too much money will be driving around in the Bronco I ordered.

Oh, also, I have a VIN. So thereā€™s light at the end of a very long tunnel for meā€¦that hopefully is a Bronco, but might be a train.
Its better to buy a new car after you buy a house.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full speed production started a whole 5 days ago. I realize it seems like an eternity since 7/13/20, but it is 125,000 units...
Sorry...not so. You have some reading to do.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious as to how many of you are considering moving on from the Bronco?

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I built a reserved a 2 door Basequatch in Velocity Blue.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
Are there "quality" issues?

It seems no problem has been popping up consistently? 1 guy had a GOAT mode issue no one can recreate, someone else had a bad engine (an engine that has been around for years and isn't only Bronco made).

There are some roof issues - rattling from someone, ungluing edges on the liner from someone else. I recall a water leak from someone else.

Is that 5 owners? I'm sure I missed some.

But how many have been made? Sure lots of us having nothing but there are a lot getting out.

Granted, we won't hear all the issues from non-members / Youtube members / Facebook users but there are a lot of people posting about their enjoyment with no listed issues.

Confirmation Bias is a thing - both ways, so who knows for sure.

On topic:

I am interested in off-roading so my choice of vehicles is limited. Wanting a convertible option reduces my options to 2.

And I like the Bronco a lot. Does it stink a summer has passed without having my truck? Yes. Will I get it soon? No - no email.

But my options are :

Rush out and buy something and regret it a year later OR wait and get the thing I want.

Granted, my current ride (2011 F150) is mechanically sound and so I am not in a rush to get a new vehicle so I am in a better place than those with dying rides and those who lease vehicles - so I'll check my email on Thursday and then next Thursday and the next 20 Thursdays because someday it will arrive.

And then I will wait for the build to happen.

But one day, whether in the next 3 months or the next 8 months, I will have a ride I've wanted since 2004 and none of this will matter.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the late availability of the plant and lack of manpower has nothing to do with it? If they had the plant up and running to capacity as scheduled they would still have a shipping hold as of August 7? Or would they have worked this out 6 months ago and nobody would have known/cared they had to revise the design to make it more suitable for mass production?
Nothing anyone else says means anything to you or people like you your head is stuck in the sand and that is it. You just donā€™t get it youā€™re not going to get it.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I am all in at this point. I am upset about being in "in production" hell and more upset as we are heading to CO in about a month and the realization we can not take the new Bronco there is setting in. Plan B is to rent some side by sides so it is not like that activity is shot anyway.

My Bronco has been built and will get my Bronco at some point....more than a lot of people can say.

Also with car prices at a premium in general for what is available it is not like the situation right now is super great other than good trade in value/resale value. That is a wash with the higher prices and low inventory.

I am in a work rotation where I am in the office one week and home one week so it is mildly annoying not having the Bronco.
Sponsored