Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always wanted a Jeep, but this offers what I want and more.

I offroad every blue moon, so it's mostly gonna be a topless cruiser, and I like that I can row my own gears and install a few bolt ons that'll leave any Jeep that challenges it in the dust.

Besides, while in '22-23 they'll be as commonplace as a Wrangler, I'll enjoy the exclusivity and rarity they'll momentarily enjoy
Sponsored

Trainerii

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, mustang,broncoii
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a ford guy and I’ve owned a few broncos but never liked the full size, except for The 78/79 body style . Even though to me it looks more like the early International scout than the early bronco, once I saw it I knew I would get one.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good for you! I learned this when I was younger. I had a Scion TC and traded it in for a Toyota Corolla, “Shiny and new and all the gas mileage omg!!”

That Corolla lasted me a year until I said to myself, “wtf am I driving this boring car for? I’m 25, not 50.”

So I went to buy a Wrangler, guy said my credit wasn’t good enough to buy a car. So I went to a Chevy dealership and bought a 2013 Camaro same day at 3%. Then I traded that in for a 2017 Camaro, then i traded that in for a 2019 Scat Pack. I’ll never buy a boring car! The Bronco will be the wife’s car but it’ll be our 6th brand new vehicle lol, 5 of which were mine.
I've had a Corolla for the last five years and I can afford something more exciting now. Looking forward to my Black Diamond Bronco next year!

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Turning 50 this year - coupled with the state of the world - has me feeling nostalgic. There are few choices I have made in life I regret; not buying the vehicle I wanted out of high school is one of them (Jeep Wrangler YJ). I settled for a 5 speed Jetta instead because it was “more practical” for the city driving I did at the time. “Practical” is all I have been for 49 years.

I don’t live in a city anymore; and driving anywhere out of town means hours on the highway - but backroads in the foothills make for adventure. My Bronco will be treasured - a vehicle I can customize and make my own. The first vehicle I have bought for myself in decades...

Life is too short for practicality and regrets. “Sometimes you gotta say, “What the f*ck.”” - Risky Business.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have always admired pieces of engineering and mechanical beauty ,and after seeing those engine bays both the 2.3 and the 2.7 i knew i had to have one.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was growing up, grandma had a 4th gen Bronco in the Philippines. I always thought they were super cool. I love how they designed the 6th gen to be nostalgic. That deserves plenty of credit.

And I never liked Jeeps. I just do not like how they look.

I mean, look how lame this looks. Looks like an angry toaster.

Ford Bronco Why did you get a Bronco? IiXudciwRz-ivu24ZBcnZ
Ford Bronco Why did you get a Bronco? url

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lifelong Ford guy. My Dad lived and breathed Bronco until he went to the F150 in the mid 80's . . . had the OJ version growing up - cut my teeth driving it into the ground. Always liked the toughness and performance - had Raptors since they were born and just paid off the '17 so I can have both that and the WT in my driveway! Love the tech and head-turning factor . . . and ability to remove the roof and just ride on those sweet NE summer and fall days!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could never afford a Bronco when I was younger. I tend to keep my vehicles until they literally die. The new Bronco is iconic . It will not go out of style. . The 2 door is smaller than my crew cab and will get me thru the indiana and Michigan winters.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have reserved a Bronco because it is one of only two Ford vehicles I can buy with a Stick-Shift.

I'm tired of the wind noise in my Mustang drop top, and I don't feel like paying thousands to have the top replaced on a 15 year old car. And the new hard top 'Stangs look terrible (bring back the notchback styling already, hear me Ford?)

Also, for all the complaints that the 2-Door Bronco lacks cargo room, it's huge compared to my 06 GT Mustang.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well 41 years ago I wanted a 4wheel drive to hunt out of, and would carry the kids. Wow has this been an awesome investment. This is a 1979 bronco with a 400, C6, awesome rig. We have been all over the southeast in this truck. Yes it is still in my garage right now. Will never sell it. She is currently on her third engine and transmission, 12 windshields (those are other story’s). Now everything in this one from the front bumper to the rear is custom, the only thing left stock is a couple of pieces of glass, oh and the ash tray.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wife and I need a larger SUV. We will be replacing a 2015 Tiguan.

The Jeep is too typical and rough ride. The 4Runner is dated. So that left the Bronco.

Oh and we do want to start Overlanding and pull a new off-road trailer for 1-2 months a year.
Honestly, sounds like why your really want (other than the nostalgia factor) is an Expedition. My wife has had three, and since it's built on an F-150 frame it can tow twice the weight of a Bronco.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raised a Ford guy, dad used to drag race so performance Ford. Ive owned F150 4x4 lifted with 35" tires and some lift. Loved that truck, it looked like the original Bigfoot in color and body style. Next was a 90s Jeep. HATED IT. Not any more to say about that one. Then after moving I got 1976 Bronco . LOVED, LOVED that little mule! Had a blast in it for a few years and reluctantly sold it to restore my 1970 Mustang. Its done and in my shop. Drive a 77 F100 Flareside now. Its going no where. I got interested in the new Bronco with the FIRST prototype that never came to life. So been chasing this for a long time and now .....waiting....but happy!