Black Bronk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are 2 reasons why I drive my Bronco slower than any other car I have owned:

1. I noticed I can't really "feel the speed" I'm driving at in my Bronco, compared to previous cars. Several times I caught myself driving faster than I felt. I felt I was going 80 but I was actually going 100. So I began trying to compensate for it and sometimes instead go slower than intended.
  2. The bronco has a longer stopping distance than any other car I have driven (learned this the hard way) so I give way more distance than you'll normally expect. So especially in tight traffic most people see the larger space and think "Ohh I'm gonna take it since this guy can't catch up to the person ahead" meanwhile I'm just slowing to make sure I have the right space before really accelerating
Anyway to each their own. Drive Safe!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what you have experienced, but I am betting if you followed it, a Land cruiser, a blazer, a Tacoma, or any other similar vehicle, down a dirt road or forest trail, you would be posting with the question “Why do they drive so FAST?”

They were designed and built for off-road use while being able to drive on public roads. This means they are a bit clumsy on road. But the same thing that makes your car better on-road, makes it a clumsy toddler off-road.

for vehicles like the Bronco, jeep, Land cruiser, K5 Blazer and others, speed is not the name of the game. It’s low end torque and axle articulation. That same articulation requires more diligence in on road driving.

Even the new models with IFS, while more nimble on road than their forefathers, still have a higher center of gravity. This requires the operator to be more aware of their speed as they can not (should not) risk a roll-over in case sudden correction is needed.
Disagree. Sort of. Took the rental mini van off roading leaving the Vegas off rodeo. Made a wrong turn and ended up at the Raptor party palace. Mini van did some of those roads pretty good. No rock crawling was attempted.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Disagree. Sort of. Took the rental mini van off roading leaving the Vegas off rodeo. Made a wrong turn and ended up at the Raptor party palace. Mini van did some of those roads pretty good. No rock crawling was attempted.
Why is it that rentals always seem to offroad really well? 😬

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive my Bronco "slow"- mainly the speed limits or a little over. I also accelerate slowly. Reason- it's designed to be an on/off road vehicle, not meant for speed or super good handling on the pavement. It's top speed is only 100, which is not that fast. And to save gas- and I get pretty good MPG driving the way I do. People around here drive 80- 110 on the interstate. I stay with the trucks at 70, the speed limit. I have a Miata track car that I drive fast and it gets up to and over 100 real fast.
Sponsored