John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe we just enjoy our vehicles more and like to maximize our time in them? Maybe we’re driving a non-aerodynamic box aren’t under any misnomer the vehicle wasn’t really meant for speed? Maybe the Bronco just drives better at certain speeds?

Personally, I don’t really see a need to drive an off road vehicle like it’s a compact car, but I’m also good with my time and don’t need to rush to get anywhere. Plus, a cyber orange 2DR really stands out.
When an off-road vehicle handles and performs as well as a performance road SUV with stated OTR capabilities (my Bronco and my X4 M) then I see no need to baby either on the pavement. Around me, which includes 600 miles south, if you drive posted interstate speeds every minivan mom will be whizzing by at 20 over. I keep it at about 15 over
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fuel economy, I live in SoCal and came from a Tacoma and drove it in the fast lane all the time, lost maybe one MPG, the Bronco's MPG drops quickly the faster you go, it's a brick. Above 72ish it starts to drop fast. I'm always deciding on if I want to go 80 and get 14.6 MPG or so or go slower and get higher mileage.

On the trip to Moab, 80MPH posted speed limit in Utah, do I want to spend another 2 hours to drive 800 miles? Or, another tank of gas to save two hours on a 10 hours drive v. 12 hours AND then get stuck in Sunday afternoon traffic coming home from Las Vegas? Which could add another 2 hours, worst if there's an accident... and there's always an accident.

I chose to spend more and get home earlier.

I recently drove for the weekend to the Bay Area, and the fuel savings paid for a rental car. The rental car, a Camry, got almost twice the MPG at 85+ MPG and I put almost a thousand miles on the rental.
You with check your math? Or your 85+ MPG? 85 is way more than twice 15. (Yeah, syke, you meant MPH. Just messing with ya)

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You with check your math? Or your 85+ MPG? 85 is way more than twice 15. (Yeah, syke, you meant MPH. Just messing with ya)
Thanks Johnny, I fixed it.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When an off-road vehicle handles and performs as well as a performance road SUV with stated OTR capabilities (my Bronco and my X4 M) then I see no need to baby either on the pavement. Around me, which includes 600 miles south, if you drive posted interstate speeds every minivan mom will be whizzing by at 20 over. I keep it at about 15 over
So, you wish to drive like soccer moms in minivans?

To each their own, I guess…

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Growing up, I guess.

I drove my Saabs and BMWs fast when I was younger, because well, they were made for it. The Bronco is not.

Between gas prices and my interest in protecting my investment, I drive the speed limit.

Sponsored

Hooke Road®

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Hooke Road
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hookeroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure what you have experienced, but I am betting if you followed it, a Land cruiser, a blazer, a Tacoma, or any other similar vehicle, down a dirt road or forest trail, you would be posting with the question “Why do they drive so FAST?”

They were designed and built for off-road use while being able to drive on public roads. This means they are a bit clumsy on road. But the same thing that makes your car better on-road, makes it a clumsy toddler off-road.

for vehicles like the Bronco, jeep, Land cruiser, K5 Blazer and others, speed is not the name of the game. It’s low end torque and axle articulation. That same articulation requires more diligence in on road driving.

Even the new models with IFS, while more nimble on road than their forefathers, still have a higher center of gravity. This requires the operator to be more aware of their speed as they can not (should not) risk a roll-over in case sudden correction is needed.

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) Because I'm old
2) Because of gas costs
3) Because I'm retired and in no rush
4) Because it's mine & I can drive it any way I want
5) Because I want to piss off trolls

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im talking the left lane hoggers who cruise at 70 or slower
IMG_1170.png

and again, got Morimoto’s, so they move over automatically now anyway (those are lowbeams)
IMG_1360.jpeg

Im sure wherever youre from Zack, they got their own rules.

I dont waste time honking after I pass, wont flip you off, I just pass you if at all possible and thats it, end of story.
If we’re talking about the actual correct lane to be in, the rightmost lane is the only correct lane to be in unless you are overtaking a car.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Above 72 or so I get a high pitch whine from the speakers that I can't figure out. I'm delaying taking it to the shop, but it's absolutely horrible. It's electronic, not a whistle or hum, and comes from the speakers.

Anyone have any ideas?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure what you have experienced, but I am betting if you followed it, a Land cruiser, a blazer, a Tacoma, or any other similar vehicle, down a dirt road or forest trail, you would be posting with the question “Why do they drive so FAST?”

They were designed and built for off-road use while being able to drive on public roads. This means they are a bit clumsy on road. But the same thing that makes your car better on-road, makes it a clumsy toddler off-road.

for vehicles like the Bronco, jeep, Land cruiser, K5 Blazer and others, speed is not the name of the game. It’s low end torque and axle articulation. That same articulation requires more diligence in on road driving.

Even the new models with IFS, while more nimble on road than their forefathers, still have a higher center of gravity. This requires the operator to be more aware of their speed as they can not (should not) risk a roll-over in case sudden correction is needed.
But see you are talking logic.... this thread has gone all emotional. It is not like the old Pirate days where emotion was attacked with a baseball bat.... Don't worry there are some pretty good logical threads on here as well. I am slowly noticing the certain crowd that flocks to the logic threads and avoids the emotional ones for the most part.

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That ZX-11 will go faster than that...🏍
I had it up to 152 on a country road in South Carolina once. That's the fastest I've ever been. It was a little scary, looking back at it.

Aviatordoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Mani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrack, MB SL500, Vans Aircraft RV10.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Above 72 or so I get a high pitch whine from the speakers that I can't figure out. I'm delaying taking it to the shop, but it's absolutely horrible. It's electronic, not a whistle or hum, and comes from the speakers.

Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe the alternator on its way out. Get it checked sooner than later.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had it up to 152 on a country road in South Carolina once. That's the fastest I've ever been. It was a little scary, looking back at it.
The Bronco, albeit with nonSas and 2.7 auto advanced treats 101 mph like it is new 81. And safe.

First time I hit 100 back in high school in our 68 Dodge 500 it was scarey. Even scarier when I found out my "friends" had dropped my tire pressure.

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would only believe this if every Bronco you see has a Wisconsin plate on it. This state, hands down, has the worst drivers. Every day is torture to be on the road with the native born drivers here.
Sadly, I think Virginia is the actual winner/loser for the State with the worst drivers. Best thing about Covid was me being able to work from home
Sponsored