First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
I thought this exactly! When I got a Heritage with a V6 I was really confused because I barely touch the gas and I look down and I am doing 100. I drive fast everywhere though even my explorer. ā€œOthersā€ try to race meā€¦ they lose. Itā€™s too fun to drive. I almost didnā€™t buy the bronco based on how cautious and slow the drivers were.
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the brakes seem slightly undersized.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wow! so 14 pages later I think I have the gist of what the hive mind has determined...

No matter how you drive, fast, slow, somewhere in between, The people who do not have the same driving philosophy think you drive like sh!t and you think they drive like sh!t..... And we all have justified our decisions based on solid, fact based, opinions about life.

I am so glad we were able to settle this.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive slow in the Bronco because itā€™s a relaxing, fun , comfy daily driver. My other cars are fast.

Seriously though, the 7Mt with FP tune and a pedal commander is quite peppy and no problem 85+ on the highway

Sponsored

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
In my observation speed depends much more on the particular driver than the vehicle. I see both safe and reckless driving in all variety of vehicles.

I drive all my vehicles in a safe and predictable manner, according to the rules of the road as required. This of course includes following the speed limits. I realize many others don't do this, but that's ok, my techniques protect me from them. Chiefly, I always have a huge gap in front of me. The beauty is that simply following the speed limit pretty much ensure this. It's not only safer but a very relaxing way to drive.

Keeping my passengers and myself safe is my first motivation, followed closely by the desire to keep my vehicles mint for decades. My record in both regards has been stellar.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow! so 14 pages later I think I have the gist of what the hive mind has determined...

No matter how you drive, fast, slow, somewhere in between, The people who do not have the same driving philosophy think you drive like sh!t and you think they drive like sh!t..... And we all have justified our decisions based on solid, fact based, opinions about life.

I am so glad we were able to settle this.
For high speed pavement performance, the Bronco has some of the last attributes you'd design into a vehicle. Regardless of the various 6G opinions on stuff, that's the physics talking. So logically a Bronco is not the vehicle I'd choose, if primarily buying for high speed pavement performance.

Not to say you can't drive Bronco fast, the vehicle is decent for it's class. And compared to some of my older 4x4s, the Bronco can get me to a trailhead faster and in better comfort. But it still kind of handles like a boat compared to my BRZ, which I bought specifically for pavement handling.

Hopefully if barreling along at 100mph, those drivers regardless of vehicle design, are not putting other's in danger, but especially if driving a raised up heavy brick of a vehicle.

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, I agree with everyone who says we just like being in our broncos as long as possible!

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In my observation speed depends much more on the particular driver than the vehicle. I see both safe and reckless driving in all variety of vehicles.

I drive all my vehicles in a safe and predictable manner, according to the rules of the road as required. This of course includes following the speed limits. I realize many others don't do this, but that's ok, my techniques protect me from them. Chiefly, I always have a huge gap in front of me. The beauty is that simply following the speed limit pretty much ensure this. It's not only safer but a very relaxing way to drive.

Keeping my passengers and myself safe is my first motivation, followed closely by the desire to keep my vehicles mint for decades. My record in both regards has been stellar.
It's funny say that, the only ticket I have gotten in over a decade was for speeding in my Spark. "Baby Car" as my kids call it has like 90 horses... when filled with race dino.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Must be something to my past. If no one else is on the road, I drive just slightly over the speed limit. In traffic, itā€™s a race and second place is the first loser! Iā€™m sure one of you smart psychologists can tell me my issue but it is what it is and has been for 50 years or so!