First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's a little bit self selecting. If speed is one of your selection criteria, a vehicle with no concessions for Aerodynamics or Weight probably shouldn't make your top ten list.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would only believe this if every Bronco you see has a Wisconsin plate on it. This state, hands down, has the worst drivers. Every day is torture to be on the road with the native born drivers here.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
unless your hairs blue and you cant see over the wheel, no reason to drive 20 under, and if you are an old blue hair, dont drive at all. Those arent speed bumps youā€™re hitting mildred
Last weekend on I-10, Mercedes in the left lane, doing about 65. Posted limit is 75. Most vehicles are doing 85-90. So, she's a good 20 under the flow of traffic..

Of course the lady in the Mercedes has her head down, both hands on her phone, phone in the middle of the steering wheel.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last weekend on I-10, Mercedes in the left lane, doing about 65. Posted limit is 75. Most vehicles are doing 85-90. So, she's a good 20 under the flow of traffic..

Of course the lady in the Mercedes has her head down, both hands on her phone, phone in the middle of the steering wheel.
Lately every Ram has been trying to assert there authoritah, like Im merging in, the fuck do you gotta speed up for and then try muscling me out of the way for? In my bronco got flashed and honked at when I got in anyway, in the company car had to get onto the shoulder as it sped up cause the semi getting onto the turnpike was barely moving

as for the woman, only surprise is the modā€™s havent gotten triggered xP

IPRoutes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would only believe this if every Bronco you see has a Wisconsin plate on it. This state, hands down, has the worst drivers. Every day is torture to be on the road with the native born drivers here.
You should come to Vegas and see how we "drive" (for lack of a better word) here. When I moved from St. Louis MO to Vegas 25 years ago, my auto insurance almost doubled just because of the address change.
You have tourists who have no idea where they are going and make sharp 3 lane changes to make the exit, drunk drivers, and then the worst of all - Tesla and Dodge Charger drivers trying to enact Fast and Furious on the streets. Cops don't even arrive on the scene of an accident if there is no injury or casualty or lane obstruction. They just ask you to deal directly with respective insurance companies for non-injury accidents.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recent purchase of the pedal commander has me driving like my ass is on fire. Love that thing.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol. Funny you should ask. I have noticed I drive considerably slower in my Bronco. Iā€™ve always been a bit of a lead foot. Always in a hurry to get somewhere. Iā€™ve got a pile of speeding tickets over the years to prove it. But either Iā€™ve crossed some invisible line into old age, or thereā€™s just something pleasant about putting along in my Bronco. Itā€™s kind of my happy place, and when I drive it, I donā€™t really care to hurry. That and my gas mileage is notably improved if I stay at or a little above the speed limit.
You said it perfectly. I drive within the speed limit for all those same reasons. I also choose the drive safely to help NOT put others at risk in the roads. There are familiesā€¦ā€¦moms, dads, grandparents and children using those roads to get from A to B safelyā€¦..I will not be the reason why they donā€™t make it home to their loved ones. As long as we arenā€™t in the fast lane going the speed limitā€¦.OP shouldnā€™t ask why we drive ā€œso slowā€ ā€œ doing the soee

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Amen brother! Left lane rules must have never been taught in drivers Ed. Shit, since Covid, I donā€™t think we even require on the road testing!

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Enforcement has been cut way back with the defund the police movement, and as a result traffic fatalities are way up. That said 10 over has always been fairly safe, but if they want to pull you over it gives them probable cause. Its amazing how drug dealers and the like always speed, have illegal tinted windows, basically begging to be pulled over. Not too smart.
Enforcement has not been cut back at the CHP they have at least three academy graduations a year. They are not effected by the defund movement. This is my Bronco parked between CHP vehicles. The other car shown is at the gun range to inspire cadets.

Resized_20221012_085421(1).jpeg
Resized_20221014_120203.jpeg
Resized_20221014_120042.jpeg
Resized_20211027_094948.jpeg
Resized_20211115_133622(1).jpeg
Resized_20211115_133613(1).jpeg

Sponsored

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This. Itā€™s like a game for me. I always have my eye on the MPG and try to keep it 18.0 or higher (with SAS). I also look at that screen which shows me realtime MPG, feels good when you coast and the bar goes all the way up to 40mpg+.
This isn't why I drive the speed I do, but I do this exact same thing! I do mostly in-town driving so I haven't gotten my MPG that high yet (Currently 17.3) for an overall AVG, but I've taken some longer road trips (3.5+ hrs one-way) and been able to get about 21 MPG doing 75.

As for speed, that was in my younger days with various Mustangs. Now, I'm not slow... but I enjoy the cruise more.

As for fast cars, the speed is great but I always thought there was something very cool about seeing an old muscle car that you KNOW was fast a hell, but it would cruise through town with the sound of the motor loping from a big cam. Now, THAT is sexy AF.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't even crack the top ten in anything, per capita: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/auto-accident/cities-most-car-accidents/

*Tucson does, though, lol

Nope, the sudden stop or sudden change in direction does... or something suddenly stopping or changing its direction using your body. ;)

More often than not, Highway Patrol won't bother you unless you're clocked at more than 80. Personally, I have never been ticketed for speeding.
Welp, anecdotal evidence, folks, case closed! CHP pulled me over going about 5 over while getting passed by a reckless and rusty minivan... but my car was red so that's what he saw when the radar woke him up. I got him back(nothing illegal), but that story is NSFW. They also slam anyone who goes 5 over on the section of 101 where it drops to 55mph for a short section north of Paso Robles.

...and be none the worse for wear, even 101.

Also, hot take, 2dr is the only real bronco, everything else is a Flex
Your tires would be a little worse because that's their rated limit and we all know how manufacturers love to overbuild stuff nowadays and take pride in their product over profits.

Going with the flow of traffic is safest.

"Do you know what they call a CHP officer in traffic?"

"A pace car. Because they will cruise at 8-10 over the posted speed and not pull anyone over who is not: Changing lanes to pass others or passing them. A pace car, because when they exit the hwy everyone speeds up."

This keeps traffic moving along and they are good with that. I have two family members that are CHP officers and they have confirmed as much and every CA driver has seen it. They know that everyone moving at similar speed is OK and if it clears a few thousand cars before things get tight, then so be it.

On I-5 in the middle of nowhere 70 MPH posted and I'm following the CHP at 80, he's looking for the cars going 90+.
Usually... unless you are in a Race Red Mustang.

Pretty stupid thing to say. Almost all accidents on the freeway are caused by fast and speeding drivers rear ending the car in front of them during a stoppage or slowdown because they don't allow enough following distance for speed. On the freeway every 18 wheeler is going slow uphill and most don't exceeding the speed limit anytime. I would love to hear you tell the judge the guy you plowed into shouldn't have been on the road -- see how that works out.
So, most accidents are due to a lack of following distance, not speed. Thanks for clarifying.

To clarify my point, only 29 percent of fatalities in 2021 were speed related according to IIHS. https://www.iihs.org/topics/speed
These guys: " The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing deaths, injuries and property damage from motor vehicle crashes through research and evaluation and through education of consumers, policymakers and safety professionals."

So, less than a third of all crash fatalities.

I donā€™t drive fastā€¦I fly low.
One cool Bay Area CHP caught me zipping around a Prius, who cut me off, and let me go while saying something about it not being a jet, so don't fly so low, haha. I think it's because he saw the whole thing: cut off by Prius driver who didn't want to take personal responsibility for missing an exit, changed lanes w/signal, zipped forward, signaled and moved back, returned to cruising speed.

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540ļ¼Œ2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco will go belly up in no time if I drive it the way I drive my BMW lol (I do use blinker when driving the BMW in case you are curious).
Different car different vibe..
Sponsored