First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not a fan of Navy Pier interior and White paint for the OBX, but that's what the GF spec'd. I still like the Roast interior better... most of the outside colors are good, but none are more stealthy than Carbonized Gray on the highway.
Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My ā€˜22 carbonized gray (4dr) OBX is slowly becoming less and less an OBX with each modification. The only holdout is the stock tires and wheels, but being retired I have to spend sparingly on my new toy.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? IMG_1700

My latest was actually removing the OBX badge

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me, OBX w/ Sasquatch is the only way to go.

1st-not sure about other locations, but living in Florida, the sun beats down on any non painted plastic and fades them badly. Itā€™s easy to replace fender flares, and much harder to replace the mirror caps, and door handles. The less plastic, the better.

2nd- I just attended the off roadeo in Nevada last week and I didnā€™t see a huge advantage with the stay bar disconnect over having just the Sasquatch with both front and rear difs.

I would like to add, since we are on the topic, Iā€™m not understanding why a wildtrak w/o hoss 3.0 would be worth more, than an OBX Sasquatch. If anything, it should be worth less since it has the plastic mirror caps and handles. Shoot, the 2021s actually had them painted, and Ford switched them back to plastic

OP
OP
Neverowneda4x4

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st-not sure about other locations, but living in Florida, the sun beats down on any non painted plastic and fades them badly. Itā€™s easy to replace fender flares, and much harder to replace the mirror caps, and door handles. The less plastic, the better.

2nd- I just attended the off roadeo in Nevada last week and I didnā€™t see a huge advantage with the stay bar disconnect over having just the Sasquatch with both front and rear difs.

I would like to add, since we are on the topic, Iā€™m not understanding why a wildtrak w/o hoss 3.0 would be worth more, than an OBX Sasquatch. If anything, it should be worth less since it has the plastic mirror caps and handles. Shoot, the 2021s actually had them painted, and Ford switched them back to plastic
But aren't the mirrors and fenders also the first thing to get scratched up on trails? I guess this is something of a wash.

Sponsored

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if your "data" is very accurate. But in our group buy down here in TX it is one of the least popular for MY23 (as well as 22 and 21). Sample size is about 100. Heck, we got more BRaptors than OBX's.

I ordered a Loaded OBX-Squatch for my wife as she didn't need the disco or washout interior of the BL or the Hoss3.0 of the WT. Plus she likes the roast leather option. I am sure many other OBX buyers bought for the same reason.
Yall must have lots of Money! lol

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But aren't the mirrors and fenders also the first thing to get scratched up on trails? I guess this is something of a wash.
Most people just dont take new Broncos on tight trails. We enthusiasts are the exception not the rule. The OBX just looks like a more finished vehicle for the money.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford used an additional $3 worth of gloss paint on the grille and beauty rings vs $2 worth of color match to hit the handles, flares and mirror caps...... and don't forget about the sticker.

OP
OP
Neverowneda4x4

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yall must have lots of Money! lol
Could be people with higher trims don't post as much. On other websites, especially with these last order banks, most posts addressing new builds/ delivery seem to have been outer banks. Obviously it's anecdotal.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford used an additional $3 worth of gloss paint on the grille and beauty rings vs $2 worth of color match to hit the handles, flares and mirror caps...... and don't forget about the sticker.
Oh donā€™t forget, the OBX has a painted grille as well, so they saved the $3 there

Sponsored

5.0 to 2.3

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the zombie apocalypse happens, I want the most luxurious end of the world rig possible. OBX Squatch w/ Lux = beautiful Roast leather, heated seats/wheel, adaptive cruise, B&O audio, all while also having front and rear lockers, 35s, etc. to make it incredibly capable plowing through zombies.

You'll run out of gas and get wrecked by said zombies in less than 30 minutes. Have fun

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You live in Oklahoma lol
Correct. Whatā€™s your point? Have you been to any of the off road parks here? Probably not lol but youā€™re gunna need lockers;)

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX and picked it because of the styling. To me, once you had the SAS, the capabilities between trims were different, but not wildly so. So, I picked I what I liked best.

Regarding resale, I can see how the Wildtrack may have higher resale than an OBX, especially to off-road enthusiasts. But, you need to know your market. In the Bay Area, there are plenty of buyers for off-road capable and less capable cars. Plus, in the end, I buy a car for what I want, not for what I want to sell it for. It's like they tell you when you own a house and you remove all the bathtubs thus lowering the resale value. What do I care? If I am living here for 20 years, I want it to be the way I want it as opposed to being able to command $20k more in 20 years!

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX and picked it because of the styling. To me, once you had the SAS, the capabilities between trims were different, but not wildly so. So, I picked I what I liked best.

Regarding resale, I can see how the Wildtrack may have higher resale than an OBX, especially to off-road enthusiasts. But, you need to know your market. In the Bay Area, there are plenty of buyers for off-road capable and less capable cars. Plus, in the end, I buy a car for what I want, not for what I want to sell it for. It's like they tell you when you own a house and you remove all the bathtubs thus lowering the resale value. What do I care? If I am living here for 20 years, I want it to be the way I want it as opposed to being able to command $20k more in 20 years!
Iā€™m curious, what features (that are unavailable on a OBX) do you believe would make the Wildrak more appealing to some?
Sponsored