First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OBX model without Sasquatch was way too pedestrian in appearance for me. It made adding the Sasquatch mandatory. That option drove the price to Bad Lands ville. I did not like any of the OBX interior options. The Bad Lands is way more Bronco then I need but it had the look and the interior options I wanted. I put the Bad Lands in the bag. I really dig this vehicle.
Non-Sasquatch OBX... Too pedestrian.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? IMG_20220525_220812

lol
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? IMG_20221006_185615

So pedestrian...
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i like the OBX trim BUT i hate the blue stitch with the roast....

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO OBX sasquatch is (was) king.

Although with todays colors itā€™s hard to say. With a partial exception to Eruption green (in OBX sas roast) there arenā€™t too many timeless combos left. To me an AMB or Rapid Red OBX sas on roast was like an untouchable combo that no other trim, including the Wildtrak, could compete with.

for my 2021 grail build no expense spared, it was a no brainer to go OBX sas over Wildtrak to get antimatter blue over roast leather. Color matched mirrors and handles. Silver insert dash. Itā€™s just a timeless bronco for a first model year and what turned out to be a one and done paint color.

In 2021 the Wildtrak, before HOSS 3.0, didnā€™t really offer much to me. A worse interior, gimmicky tire tread grille, mismatched black mirrors etc. Now the WT doesnā€™t even have painted handles. Iā€™ll be damned if I were to get antimatter blue with plastic handles and mirrors. I actually paid slightly more for the OBX sas over an identically equipped WT, at least for 2021 before WTs got more expensive with HOSS upgrades. With WTs increasing more in price and suspension upgrades it sounds crazy today to say that my 2021 loaded OBX sas stickered more than an identically equipped WT, but it was. Well not by much, but it was.

No regrets. Midnight blue over saddle for the win.

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? AC0903BA-EED8-473A-AA15-8DAF885387A6

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 3EB229DE-DC35-4885-966E-832A716B401F

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When Ford "bribed" me with $2500 to drop the WildTrak Lux for the OBX high (plus the difference in price between WT/Lux and OBX/High, it was a no brainer. I am picking up my 2023 OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 high package with tow and aux switches for $39,521 (MSRP $51,270).
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? image (2)

Show me better bang for the buck.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess it all depends on how you define popular. All in the eye of the beholder.

This is from the 2023 spreadsheets for those that filled them out.

AC26F7CB-50A8-4E0B-A016-F19D3CB93829.jpeg
I am allergic to 3D pie charts. Way to much mental load to figure them out, especially when the pie pieces don't go largest to smallest. Can someone make this into a Bar Chart so can participate in this discussion?

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I find funny is any Sasquatch Bronco with the exception of Badlands, First Edition (front sway bar disconnect) and Raptor are all completely equal when it comes to capabilities, yet the OBX gets all the hate.

Actually speaking of it, a non SAS OBX w/optional locker is more capable than a non SAS Base come to think of it.

I don't get the hate, we're all here for the love of the Bronco. I love all trims, colors, tops, and door counts. These are awesome vehicles that we all choose for our own personal reasons.

"Can't we all just get along"

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like that it has painted mirrors and door handles. The Sasquatch on it though doesnā€™t have painted flares. The roast seats are beautiful too..I love my obx ā€¦

The roast seats are really nice. If I had my choice in Broncos Iā€™d likely have done an Oxford white Bronco, Sasquatch, roast leather interior with high package.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO OBX sasquatch is (was) king. (Below is specific to sasquatch OBX only) -

But with todays colors itā€™s hard to say. With a partial exception to Eruption green (in OBX sas roast) there arenā€™t too many timeless combos left. To me an AMB or Rapid Red OBX sas on roast was like an untouchable combo that no other trim, including the Wildtrak, could compete with.

for my 2021 grail build no expense spared, it was a no brainer to go OBX sas over Wildtrak to get antimatter blue over roast leather. Color matched mirrors and handles. Silver insert dash. Itā€™s just a timeless bronco for a first model year and what turned out to be a one and done paint color.

In 2021 the Wildtrak, before HOSS, didnā€™t really offer much to me. A worse interior, gimmicky tire tread grille, mismatched black mirrors etc. Now the WT doesnā€™t even have painted handles. Iā€™ll be damned if I were to get antimatter blue with plastic handles and mirrors. I actually paid slightly more for the OBX sas over an identically equipped WT, at least for 2021 before WTs got more expensive with HOSS upgrades. With WTs increasing more in price and suspension upgrades it sounds crazy today to say that my 2021 OBX sas stickered more than a WT, but it was. Well not by much, but it was.

All Bronco's have HOSS.

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like others have mentioned the painted mirrors handles and roast leather made the decision for me.

Are your blue front grille letters from Amazon or Tufskinz?

FUB6G

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When Ford "bribed" me with $2500 to drop the WildTrak Lux for the OBX high (plus the difference in price between WT/Lux and OBX/High, it was a no brainer. I am picking up my 2023 OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 high package with tow and aux switches for $39,521 (MSRP $51,270).

Show me better bang for the buck.
I decided to stick with my WT and was built 3/21. Glad I didn't settle.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? image-1

Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are your blue front grille letters from Amazon or Tufskinz?
I actually bought them on ebay. They were black and I painted them velocity blue when the weather finally warmed up.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s the first trim with a 12ā€ screen and Lux pkg as an option and you can get the adv 4wd. The roast leather interior is far and away the best looking interior, puts the Wildtrack to shame. You either like the painted flares and mirrors or not. Will say Iā€™m not a huge fan of the 18ā€ wheels but those are easily changed. I added a rear locker to mine so itā€™s capable enough for me and I still came out $3500 less than a Badlands, which is the only other trim I considered but I doubt I would use a front locker very often. Gotta chuckle at all of the SAS and highly capable trimmed Broncos out there. Talk about mall crawler/pavement princesses, most will never see a trail and the toughest hill they will climb will be in the parking garage. Oh well, to each their own, spend your money however you want.
Couldnā€™t agree more though. Imagine buying a badlands because you like the tires šŸ˜‚

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really looking forward to my soon to be built OBX Squatch!

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just bought my OB 2-door, off the lot. 2.7, Race Red, Toast. Mine will stay on road and will eventually be "Heritaged". White grill, wheels, top. I like the retro look. It will look great along side my 30K original mile 56 F100. It was almost impossible to find a new, 2023 2-door model in any configuration. I would have settled for any model. This new OB was a day old at the dealership and was available. Easy decision.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? F100

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO OBX sasquatch is (was) king. (Below is specific to sasquatch OBX only) -

But with todays colors itā€™s hard to say. With a partial exception to Eruption green (in OBX sas roast) there arenā€™t too many timeless combos left. To me an AMB or Rapid Red OBX sas on roast was like an untouchable combo that no other trim, including the Wildtrak, could compete with.

In 2021 the Wildtrak, before HOSS, didnā€™t really offer much to me. A worse interior, gimmicky tire tread grille, mismatched black mirrors etc. Now the WT doesnā€™t even have painted handles. Iā€™ll be damned if I were to get antimatter blue with plastic handles and mirrors. I actually paid slightly more for the OBX sas over an identically equipped WT, at least for 2021 before WTs got more expensive with HOSS upgrades. With WTs increasing more in price and suspension upgrades it sounds crazy today to say that my 2021 OBX sas stickered more than a WT, but it was. Well not by much, but it was.

This is the exact Bronco I wanted. Iā€™m still mad they removed AMB before making all the reserved ones in that color.
Sponsored