Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP here.

I knew that my post would bring out the trolls and tough guys and you didn’t disappoint!

Take a look at my original post, see all the statements that begin with “I”? That indicates it was my opinion that was being shared. Others may disagree (obviously) and some do not.

I was really just hoping for an aftermarket option for a more fixed roof. Not saying that Ford should engineer one for the masses.
The original Bronco had a 1 piece metal removable top. I can get on board for that option be it factory or aftermarket (if affordable). But not a permanent fixed roof.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most of the noise appears to be from the frameless windows.

I'm not sure a 1-piece or solid top would make much of a difference in wind noise.

My Bronco is a lot louder than our old Expedition, but a lot quieter than my last Mustang.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP here.

I knew that my post would bring out the trolls and tough guys and you didn’t disappoint!

Take a look at my original post, see all the statements that begin with “I”? That indicates it was my opinion that was being shared. Others may disagree (obviously) and some do not.

I was really just hoping for an aftermarket option for a more fixed roof. Not saying that Ford should engineer one for the masses.
It’s an enthusiast forum, so yeah, expect the passionate to weigh in. Isn’t that the point of an online forum? Otherwise, what are we all doing here?

There are aftermarket options; there are for anything these days. Just like a simple Google search for “Bronco fixed roof” would have provided that answer.

Most of us here on this forum want the mod top or softie for the convertible esthetic as we didn’t want what every other SUV offers; we’re here to be different.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
Caulk.

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Biggest reason theirs no non removable roof bronco is manufacturing, the company that builds the bodies for Ford could do it but the cost of building 4 different bodies for the bronco (2 for 2 door, 2 for 4 door) would be astronomical and most people would just buy the removable roof. Kinda the same reason Ford removed the base model they didn't see enough sales to justify continuing to produce that trim.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s an enthusiast forum, so yeah, expect the passionate to weigh in. Isn’t that the point of an online forum? Otherwise, what are we all doing here?

There are aftermarket options; there are for anything these days. Just like a simple Google search for “Bronco fixed roof” would have provided that answer.

Most of us here on this forum want the mod top or softie for the convertible esthetic as we didn’t want what every other SUV offers; we’re here to be different.
I completely understand the nature of online forums. What I also understand is that most people here take their ride and make changes based upon their personal preference. How is my statement any different than someone who swaps the stock Sasquatch tires for another option that fits their needs?

I have googled the topic and what you find when searching “fixed bronco roof” is tens of thousands of articles about the botched roof crisis in 2021/2022.

I posted to see if anyone had run across a solution for my needs or a product in the works.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think its a good question, however the Bronco concept is to compete with Jeep and have removable doors and top. There are lots of other options if you want a fixed roof. The Bronco is a niche vehicle, its not intended to compete with more conventional and practical SUVs. That said would a fixed roof option be attractive to some, sure I might even be interested. But a fixed roof option is a major redesign, its not just an option when it comes to a design standpoint.

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
The easy answer is because it isn’t that type of vehicle. It isn’t designed for that market. Ford wanted to go back to the days of removable tops. And tackle the wrangler in the process (which they did by the way - I’ve owned two rubicons and they’re garbage compared to the Bronco although I still love jeeps too (DNA I guess).
I agree that the bronco top is louder. I also have a soft top and now way to carry skis without a stupid trailer hitch option. That’s a major inconvenience for me. But I love the open air in the warmer months. There are definite drawbacks. But the positive is that it’s an off road convertible. That’s what we all bought. It’s just the way it is designed. And I agree with another’s statement that Ford has enough trouble with their current roofs. Let’s not add a third just yet…

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the assumption that an online forum was a tool to share ideas and provide a sense of community amongst a common interest. Not ostracizing someone because they ask a question about improving their vehicle for their purposes.

So you pride yourself on being "different" but refuse to entertain differing opinions on what makes the Bronco great?

Not trying to single you out, I just dislike the rhetoric sometimes used on these discussion boards when something goes against the grain of the echo chamber.

OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its a good question, however the Bronco concept is to compete with Jeep and have removable doors and top. There are lots of other options if you want a fixed roof. The Bronco is a niche vehicle, its not intended to compete with more conventional and practical SUVs. That said would a fixed roof option be attractive to some, sure I might even be interested. But a fixed roof option is a major redesign, its not just an option when it comes to a design standpoint.
I agree completely.

The Bronco is the best thing to happen because now Jeep and others have to compete and innovate to win customers. That is good news for everyone.

As I said before, I love everything else about the vehicle. I would be thrilled for an aftermarket 1 piece “cap” that has robust gaskets on the sides for a better seal.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the OP and others: you have water leaks? sounds like a definite warranty issue. Did you remove it?

OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the OP and others: you have water leaks? sounds like a definite warranty issue. Did you remove it?
I have popped the front two pieces off only one time. I had leaks before and I still have them.

They seem to be worse when the weather is really cold and the weather stripping shrinks a bit.

I’m working on getting it into the dealer for that and other recalls soon, but have to coordinate being without a vehicle for that time

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the assumption that an online forum was a tool to share ideas and provide a sense of community amongst a common interest. Not ostracizing someone because they ask a question about improving their vehicle for their purposes.

So you pride yourself on being "different" but refuse to entertain differing opinions on what makes the Bronco great?

Not trying to single you out, I just dislike the rhetoric sometimes used on these discussion boards when something goes against the grain of the echo chamber.
Doesn’t matter man. This is literally the ONLY truck with a roof like ours. If you want what’s standard, then drive what’s standard.

No one asked anyone to buy the Bronco, we all chose to. The removable top is the biggest “feature” of the thing. Getting rid of that is removing (pun) what makes it what it is.

Also, none of us owe you anything. There are dozens of forums, but this is the way this one is.

Ford gave what most of us wanted; thus the passion, so no, we don’t want to see it turned into something less. Again, we’ve seen this happen before.

Not yet a fixed roof option because there isn’t enough of a market for one.
Sponsored