Sponsored

Why would there be 80 miles on new Bronco?

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine had 4.2 when I picked it up. Miss those days, haha
Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for Ford insiders on the forum.

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being ā€œbuiltā€ to moving to ā€œshippingā€. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

ā€œDealer saidā€ mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and itā€™s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I donā€™t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Any ideas why so many miles?
yes there is quality check and

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being ā€œbuiltā€ to moving to ā€œshippingā€. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

ā€œDealer saidā€ mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and itā€™s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I donā€™t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

yes there are quality checks and yes miles sounds accurate however if they did drive they always ...put a sticker on it saying such ...period mine had 6 and was dropped off in front of me ...i work at the dealer lol
or simple it was moved around their lots or was driven at the dealers lol

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the negative side they were working on a malfunction. On the positive side your sales rep is right.
or, someone took it for a joyride

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Mine had ~30 miles on it when I bought it for reference.
Ours showed up with 90 Miles on it. I sat from June thru Dec. Assuming it was QC miles. Didn't like it but not much I could do about it.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I once bought a Demo - it had 2,500 miles on it. They tried to tell me it was "new" since it was just a Demo and not a customer sale.

Now, I did end up getting an OK deal on it, just saying - "New" really only applies to the Title history, and not really anything to do with the mileage. But it does affect warranty length and break-in, which the negotiating leverage I used in that particular sale.

Most of the fleet trucks we buy end up coming with about 150-200 miles on them - most of that is them being driven in from nearby dealerships rather than shipped on a truck (dealer to dealer swap to get the model we want). My Bronco had 24 miles on it when I bought it, and 5 of those were my test drive.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing new to add, really, just another data point. Two years ago my 2021 had 72.6 miles fresh off of the transporter truck. None of those were put on by the dealer. My dealer did a full inspection of it before releasing it to me and found an issue with the driver side window. Since they had to wait about a week for the part, I took it and put a few hundred miles on it, then took it back for the window repair.

I'm a bit past 13,000 miles now and a happy Bronco owner with no other issues.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It could be worse.... my 21 Bronco Sport only had a few miles on it but it had water spots on the paint the PDI guys could not get out and it had stripper glitter all over the seats and console.
I had to fix both of those myself.
There's a Seinfeld episode related to that ... finding stuff in cars. :)

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine had 90...I was equally disappointed. When I bought my Jeep Cherokee years ago, it had 9.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine had 74. Sometimes Ford puts a few extra miles on it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I once bought a Demo - it had 2,500 miles on it. They tried to tell me it was "new" since it was just a Demo and not a customer sale.

Now, I did end up getting an OK deal on it, just saying - "New" really only applies to the Title history, and not really anything to do with the mileage. But it does affect warranty length and break-in, which the negotiating leverage I used in that particular sale.
My current F150 King Ranch had about ~8k miles on it, was a MY16 purchased in 2017, still qualified for a combo rebate / 0% financing plus a deep discount for being a year old demo, was still considered "new" and the official warranty didn't start until I signed the paperwork, and is virtually indistinguishable from a MY17.

A bit different than the OP's situation, sure, but a year from now the miles won't matter anyhow

Sponsored

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were doing a nationwide search for a new Bronco Badlands back in May. At one point, we had decided to purchase one about 600 mi. away. Just as we were heading out the door to make the long drive, for some darn crazy reason it dawned on me to ask them to check the mileage. Glad I did. It had 265 mi.---crazy too much for a "new" truck. They wouldn't budge a penny on the price ($2k ADM), so we passed. A week later found the perfect specimen---also 600 mi. away (different dealership). It only had 11 mi. They dropped the ADM and gave it to us at MSRP. Nine months ago that was a pretty good deal.

We love our Bronco. It's now officially broken-in with 8,500 miles!

Last edited:

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked mine up yesterday and it only had 11 miles.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW, m

ine had 236 miles on it. It's now gone over 28,000(today in the snow!) miles since December 8 of 2022, with ZERO problems.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands had 11 miles on it, abandoned order and luckily I got it right off the truck. My JL Rubicon came with 8 miles on it. It was nice to know that no one else was driving them.

My son is in sales at a Ford dealer. The managers routinely drive new vehicles for a night out or a short road trip, and still sell them as new. I remember getting picked up in a brand new Expedition Max for a party night on the town on one occasion, his boss was driving. They have a new F-250 with 300+ miles on it right now, not sure who got those. All I know is I would never buy a new vehicle from his dealership with any significant miles on it after what I've seen. I'm sure yours is okay though.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here in the Detroit area, if I remember right, if they pick your vehicle off the line at the plant to test drive it, they would put a sticker on the window next to the big window sticker. It would say they test drove your vehicle and say how many miles.
Sponsored