Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear it. This is the route she wants to go.
I eliminated much of the "acceleration lag" of my 2.3 by installing a Sprint Booster. Basically, the drive by wire throttle body is very slow at factory settings. Installing either a Sprint Booster or Pedal Commander will allow (through your preferred settings) the throttle body to open much quicker, hence making acceleration much more fun. Mild to wild to stock, you choose.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered a 2 door wildtrak on 3/27/23 and got scheduled for June 12th , so he might get lucky
Thatā€™s great! Itā€™ll workout for us Iā€™m sure.
canā€™t wait to see pics of yours this summer

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
She should be happy with either engine option. Street performance will not compare to the Audi, so just accept that. I have personally found that JeepLife/BroncoLife leads me to be more relaxed in my driving style, especially when running top down. On the opposite spectrum, when driving the Mustang I would find myself jamming gears and looking down at the speedometer with a "whoops".
As @Blue Bronco mentioned, the upgraded gears will help with performance, but is also a must have in my opinion as most people go down the rabbit hole of getting larger tires and similar modifications once they get the "fever".
Iā€™m thinking sheā€™ll fall into the relaxed elevated driving as well.

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I gotta agree here. Drove a family member's Camaro in-between vehicles before I got my jeep and it was wayyyy too easy to break some rules of the road. The Jeep holds me more accountable and i find that road-trips aren't nearly as stressful or filled with road-rage anymore.
I am way more chill driving my Jeep than her Q5.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will never be a Q5 on several levels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will never be a Q5 on several levels.
She had a used ā€˜17 traded in on the ā€˜21. The 17 was a much better vehicle. At least ours. This 21 we got new and itā€™s had some issues. Fuel pump replaced which is fine. But the transmission is very jerky at low speed at times but apparently within spec. AC is loud as well. Iā€™m glad she wants something else. Drives fantastic though. A little go kart.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its the 1-2 shift that feels like lag, both motors have it. 1st gear is to steep to build boost and you shift into 2nd with a lag(engine not in boost due to no load). Actually 3.73 gears feel faster than 4.46 with the 2.3 because you get more time in the boost before the shift.

Avoid the 2.3 if you want power, love my 2.3 for driving around but it doesn't pull like a 2.7 when floored.

OJā€™s Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Zay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 DHP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thatā€™s great! Itā€™ll workout for us Iā€™m sure.
canā€™t wait to see pics of yours this summer
Yeah, I canā€™t wait either! Very excited. Coming from a 22 LEXUS is350, needing a bigger vehicle because my daughter is getting bigger and her car seat doesnā€™t fit well in a compact sedan

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She had a used ā€˜17 traded in on the ā€˜21. The 17 was a much better vehicle. At least ours. This 21 we got new and itā€™s had some issues. Fuel pump replaced which is fine. But the transmission is very jerky at low speed at times but apparently within spec. AC is loud as well. Iā€™m glad she wants something else. Drives fantastic though. A little go kart.
No doubt the Q5 is a fun ride. Glad my wife decided Genesis on her last purchase as Q5s were in short supply.The Bronco, even at $60K is going to seem crude to the level of vehicle sheā€™s used to. Hopefully wonā€™t be an issue, but you may be getting a Bronco 6 months down the road. Not a bad thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its the 1-2 shift that feels like lag, both motors have it. 1st gear is to steep to build boost and you shift into 2nd with a lag(engine not in boost due to no load). Actually 3.73 gears feel faster than 4.46 with the 2.3 because you get more time in the boost before the shift.

Avoid the 2.3 if you want power, love my 2.3 for driving around but it doesn't pull like a 2.7 when floored.
You may have just saved me a little money.

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No doubt the Q5 is a fun ride. Glad my wife decided Genesis on her last purchase as Q5s were in short supply.The Bronco, even at $60K is going to seem crude to the level of vehicle sheā€™s used to. Hopefully wonā€™t be an issue, but you may be getting a Bronco 6 months down the road. Not a bad thing.
Dude. Iā€™ve been begging her to test drive a GV but canā€™t get her interested. Beautiful vehicles.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude. Iā€™ve been begging her to test drive a GV but canā€™t get her interested. Beautiful vehicles.
My wife got a 22 and then traded it for a 23 sport. I thought the 22 was fine, but she wanted more go. It is nice that the seat hugs you once you get above 80mph.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get a pedal commander type product to get rid of the lag in acceleration. If youā€™re in a lifted JL on 35s youā€™re definitely going to want that in the bronco, the 32s are tiny and look out of place. They shouldnā€™t make the bronco with anything smaller than 35s

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
My base 2.3 7 speed with the Ford Performance Tune is just outright fun to drive. 330HP running 93 octane. It's not a 500HP mustang coyote but it's not supposed to be.
Sponsored