First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
from what I have found First Edition has a sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode.
Wildtrak doesn't have a sway bar disconnect and it replaces rock crawl with sport mode
to me thats the only difference

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

from what I have found First Edition has a sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode.
Wildtrak doesn't have a sway bar disconnect and it replaces rock crawl with sport mode
to me thats the only difference
Actually there are quite A few more differences; front and rear lockers, stereo system, plus all the advanced electronics.

Wildtrak vs First Edition - Link

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

both have front and rear lockers standard
Another contradiction on the website, the comparison tool shows the Wildtrak with lockers as an option, but it also comes with the Sasquatch package, which includes the lockers. ?‍♂ So, yes I would believe you are correct

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

do you mean sway bar disconnected when you say Disco ?

in another thread i surmized that all the bilseins are the same and thier operating modes are set up with the rotary dial ,so a badlands with sasquatwatch package should ride the same as the widetrack if the same modes are selected .

agree or disagree ?
The Rotary Control Drive Mode Knob controls the drive modes through the transmission, brakes and front and rear lockers (if equipped).

Completely separate and apart, the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers (shocks) are mechanical devices, not electrically controlled and not in any way connected or integrated with the Rotary Control Drive Mode functions.

Here is more information on the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-the-on-road-drive-ride-quality-softer.2379/

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Last edited:

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Rotary Control Drive Mode Knob controls the drive modes through the transmission, brakes and front and rear lockers (if equipped).

Completely separate and apart, the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers (shocks) are mechanical devices, not electrically controlled and not in any way connected or integrated with the Rotary Control Drive Mode functions.

Here is more information on the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-the-on-road-drive-ride-quality-softer.2379/
I thoughtb they may have some type of magnetic/electrical sensing and input like other high end shocks have , but i see i the video they are still manipulating then physics of hydraulics to achieve thier desired outcomes .

How about the HOSS system whats that employ and control to achieve what ?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thoughtb they may have some type of magnetic/electrical sensing and input like other high end shocks have , but i see i the video they are still manipulating then physics of hydraulics to achieve thier desired outcomes .

How about the HOSS system whats that employ and control to achieve what ?
HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System

=

Bold New Marketing Speak (to describe Bilstein's)

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you look at one of the rock crawling videos when the spotter told the driver to engage the front locker you can see the driver using the Hero switch on the dash to engage the locker. So looks like lockers are not controlled by the goat mode

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you look at one of the rock crawling videos when the spotter told the driver to engage the front locker you can see the driver using the Hero switch on the dash to engage the locker. So looks like lockers are not controlled by the goat mode
Could be that the front locker isn’t engaged with that(or any) particular mode, if they even had a mode engaged.
Sponsored