Sponsored

Will I regret not upgrading any of my build? (specifically Sasquatch)

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm about to place my order, and have prioritized creature comforts and technology over suspension and tires. I'll be mostly taking road trips with my family, so I'm going Outer Banks 2.7, Lux and tow packages, dual tops, regular PT drive, 3.7 gears, and 32" tires. I'm mostly curious if it's possible to upgrade to the 35" tires a few years down the road since I don't have a need currently and would rather prioritize gas mileage and ride and save the cost.
  • Will the 3.7 gears be OK with larger wheels/tires?
  • Would I still have to upgrade the suspension?
  • Will I miss the locking front and rear diffs?
  • Should I opt for the 4.27/rear locking diff now? (only $795 upgrade as opposed to the $5k Sasquatch package)
  • Anything else that is difficult/expensive to upgrade later?
TIA!
Very few people need squatch. For those who won't use it the only thing you get is horrible road noise and even poorer gas mileage. And you pay $5k for the privilege.

If you are contemplating doing off roading get a) locking rear diff and b) aux switches and c) eventually better tires.

For me the only reason to contemplate lux is the front camera. But you seem to feel otherwise which is fine.

As others have noted, if this is your first 4x4 don't think for a second that lux means luxury. It is just a means for selling you a bunch of things you don't need for the sake of getting the one thing you actual want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me the only reason to contemplate lux is the front camera. But you seem to feel otherwise which is fine.

As others have noted, if this is your first 4x4 don't think for a second that lux means luxury. It is just a means for selling you a bunch of things you don't need for the sake of getting the one thing you actual want.
Actually I think the front camera is in the high package, but honestly if I could add the B&O audio w/sub without adding the Lux, I probably would and go without the other features.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I especially like that I don't have the huge sasquatch tires and lift, it's like a perfect middle-ground. I've been looking through the trims for weeks and only just noticed this!
Get a Badlands. You won't be sorry.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you get the manual, I have one, know that you lose remote start, trail turn assist and the off road cruise control (trail control?).

I only consider remote start a big loss of those three.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldnā€™t ask the higher gear ratio to turn 35s. The locker wouldnā€™t be bad; at least the first number is a four. If you are flirting at all with 35s, Iā€™d buy a Sasquatch. I didnā€™t order a Sasquatch because Iā€™d never driven one. I ended up buying one off the lot and couldnā€™t be happier. Thereā€™s been one post I can remember where the author said he likes driving his non-Sasquatch bronco betterā€™n his Sasquatch. In my opinion, if youā€™re not set on 35s, Iā€™d go locker with 33ā€ rubber to split the difference.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are never really going to anything that challenging, just stick with it stock, it's going to be able to go through anything you want. On the flip side, I agree with the thought that all of the electronic add-ons are not really worth it. But...I'm in a 2 door manual low package (or whatever they call no options), but.....I did get SAS because it was 100% worth it for $4k at the time.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well now I've noticed that you can order the Badlands in 2.3 manual which comes with FT drive, 4.7 with locking diff, 33" tires, and you can still add the Lux package. This would also change to MGV seats with the rubberized flooring, which honestly I might prefer. I'd also give up the dual tops and just take the soft top to keep the price about the same.

The only thing I can't seem to confirm is that it comes with front lockers as well. Seems like it does? I think this might be the best option for us!
What do you think you will use a front locker for? The 2.3 manual I can vouch for is very fun to drive, it was the motivating factor for me to move to a Bronco from a JL. I love it, so....if you are going that route, then yeah I would go Badlands, get the 33" tires and not change a thing.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm about to place my order, and have prioritized creature comforts and technology over suspension and tires. I'll be mostly taking road trips with my family, so I'm going Outer Banks 2.7, Lux and tow packages, dual tops, regular PT drive, 3.7 gears, and 32" tires. I'm mostly curious if it's possible to upgrade to the 35" tires a few years down the road since I don't have a need currently and would rather prioritize gas mileage and ride and save the cost.
  • Will the 3.7 gears be OK with larger wheels/tires?
  • Would I still have to upgrade the suspension?
  • Will I miss the locking front and rear diffs?
  • Should I opt for the 4.27/rear locking diff now? (only $795 upgrade as opposed to the $5k Sasquatch package)
  • Anything else that is difficult/expensive to upgrade later?
TIA!
Drop tow and add the 4.27 axle if youā€™re maxed out on budget. You can install a Curt yourself in 5 minutes if your need a bike rack or wire a 4 pin down the road if you pull a small boat or camper. Adding a locker and changing the gearing would be a huge headache.

You mention wanting lux. The wireless charger is ass and the sound system is widely viewed as pedestrian. I do use the adaptive cruise and have to admit the heated steering is awesome. But thereā€™s no doubt that high pkg is the best value IMO.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the extra electronic gadgets will fail and are extremely expensive to replace. Get a Badlands with minimal add ons. Even at that electronics seem to be the most common gremlin.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Will I regret not upgrading any of my build? (specifically Sasquatch) 1690886810802

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not the vehicle I'd get for road trips. Not really it's forte. Otherwise be realistic buying features you for real will get use out of. It's not uncommon around here for people to spend thousands on functionality for imaginary use. Personally I don't get the allure of that approach.
i dont agree. The Bronco is very comfortable to drive. Yes it is louder than a truck, but its a trade off. If you want to drop the top, it will be louder than a normal vehicle. Thats a trade I'll take every day.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Non-Sas OBX owner here. First, it great for road trips. Ride is nice, but wind noise is real. It is my preferred road trip vehicle in our fleet.

I off road 6-8 times/year atm. Sas is not needed for anything I will do. After attending Off-Rodeo I feel the OBX i have can do way more than I will ever try.

I did get the rear locker and think it is definitely worth the spend for what you get. This will likely cover any off road situation you will likely see. If it doesn't cover it, then you have likely made a series of bad decisions šŸ¤£.

I upgraded to 33" wheel/tire and think that is the sweet spot for looks.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gearing is most important if you are going to upgrade to larger tire size. I have had so many 4 X 4's over the years, upgrading suspension, wheels, tires, etc. Performance and gas mileage suffer if you don't have proper gearing. That's why Ford offers so many gearing choices to go with so many different tire sizes. In the past I just went with larger tires, did not change the gearing and lived with it. With the Bronco I went with less comfort and options (even though I find the base one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned) and favored performance, suspension and tires and got Base Sasquatch. I could not be happier. For once, no mods, nothing, love it with the 35" tires and Sas Bilstein suspension. And it moves- fastest 4 X 4 I have ever owned and the best MPG too due to the proper gearing.