Sponsored

Will I regret not upgrading any of my build? (specifically Sasquatch)

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
EDIT: Update here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ild-specifically-sasquatch.78544/post-2004127

I'm about to place my order, and have prioritized creature comforts and technology over suspension and tires. I'll be mostly taking road trips with my family, so I'm going Outer Banks 2.7, Lux and tow packages, dual tops, regular PT drive, 3.7 gears, and 32" tires. I'm mostly curious if it's possible to upgrade to the 35" tires a few years down the road since I don't have a need currently and would rather prioritize gas mileage and ride and save the cost.
  • Will the 3.7 gears be OK with larger wheels/tires?
  • Would I still have to upgrade the suspension?
  • Will I miss the locking front and rear diffs?
  • Should I opt for the 4.27/rear locking diff now? (only $795 upgrade as opposed to the $5k Sasquatch package)
  • Anything else that is difficult/expensive to upgrade later?
TIA!
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obviously just my opinion here. Prioritize the off road ability and down play all the lux stuff. Seems like most people who are less than satisfied with their Bronco are those who have tried to make it what it is not. Adding more electronics and tech won't make it luxury. Just more expensive and more to complain about when it doesn't work.

To answer your question though, you can always upgrade whatever you want down the road, if you still have it.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Obviously just my opinion here. Prioritize the off road ability and down play all the lux stuff. Seems like most people who are less than satisfied with their Bronco are those who have tried to make it what it is not. Adding more electronics and tech won't make it luxury. Just more expensive and more to complain about when it doesn't work.

To answer your question though, you can always upgrade whatever you want down the road, if you still have it.
I appreciate that point of view, but the adaptive cruise, B&O audio w/sub, wireless charger, and heated steering wheel are pretty important for me and for road trips. I'm not doing any off-roading for a few years until the kids are grown.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate that point of view, but the adaptive cruise, B&O audio w/sub, wireless charger, and heated steering wheel are pretty important for me and for road trips. I'm not doing any off-roading for a few years until the kids are grown.

Again, just my opinion and I realize what that's worth. :)
Honestly, I'd definitely try to rent one for a week or so on Turo if that is your main use and see if you are going to like it. I love my Bronco, but it would not be my choice as a family travel vehicle. I see at least one new used Bronco on the lots around here every month. Most lots have multiple Broncos. People buy it for what it's not. When I spend 65K+, I expect more than what the Bronco offers.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Again, just my opinion and I realize what that's worth. :)
Honestly, I'd definitely try to rent one for a week or so on Turo if that is your main use and see if you are going to like it. I love my Bronco, but it would not be my choice as a family travel vehicle. I see at least one new used Bronco on the lots around here every month. Most lots have multiple Broncos. People buy it for what it's not. When I spend 65K+, I expect more than what the Bronco offers.
Turo doesn't have any around here, but I test drove one for a few hours and loved it. We want a fun road trip vehicle, it won't be our daily driver family hauler :)

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not the vehicle I'd get for road trips. Not really it's forte. Otherwise be realistic buying features you for real will get use out of. It's not uncommon around here for people to spend thousands on functionality for imaginary use. Personally I don't get the allure of that approach.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is not the vehicle I'd get for road trips. Not really it's forte.
Not sure I understand this. It's a convertible SUV, what is more fun to road trip in than that? I've taken plenty of road trips in topless Wranglers. At least the Bronco is comfortable!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the very least, upgrade to the 4.27s and rear locker. Open diffs make no sense on a 4WD.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a non-SAS OBX with Lux to drive around daily. I have the the 4A and it's fantastic in the snow (which can be over half the year here). Yes, the 4HI would suffice, but the 4A is easier. I love driving my kids around in it, running errands in it, and the occasional road trip. My kids mostly love riding in it, but 3 across is a little tight for long rides and nobody wants to sit on the "bump" in the middle. I'd driven Wranglers for 25 years, so I knew what I was getting as far as ride and removable top sounds. I still like them, I just wanted something different. I have zero regrets.

I don't think you can put on 35s without removing the crash bars. But, from what I've read here, I'm reasonably sure you could get it lifted down the road.

jbandc122

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I were in your position I would just opt for the 4.27 gearing and locking rear. It's the hardest and most expensive to upgrade later. The used market is filled with takeoff parts if you want to use the HOSS 2.0 parts, or better yet go aftermarket. If you went SAS you'd probably want aftermarket parts anyway.

Sponsored

Reiningrl

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an outerbanks with MIC top and lux packageIt. It is our family vehicle and we find it comfortable. (But maybe that’s because we always owned trucks) I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it between northern and Southern California and it handles great on mountain highways.

You can change to larger tires at a later time.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Get the locker and the 4.27 gears. To do that later will cost thousands of dollars.

I'm a big fan of the advanced transfer case but I also did without one for a few decades. It's the easy button of 4wd as you don't have to worry about binding up the transfer case if you drive over dry pavement in 4wd. Or switching in and out of 4wd when there are patches of ice/snow on the road.

As for road trips, we just did a ten and a half drive pulling a small uhaul with our Wildtrak and it was nice easy Sunday drive down the highway.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well now I've noticed that you can order the Badlands in 2.3 manual which comes with FT drive, 4.7 with locking diff, 33" tires, and you can still add the Lux package. This would also change to MGV seats with the rubberized flooring, which honestly I might prefer. I'd also give up the dual tops and just take the soft top to keep the price about the same.

The only thing I can't seem to confirm is that it comes with front lockers as well. Seems like it does? I think this might be the best option for us!

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well now I've noticed that you can order the Badlands in 2.3 manual which comes with FT drive, 4.7 with locking diff, 33" tires, and you can still add the Lux package. This would also change to MGV seats with the rubberized flooring, which honestly I might prefer. I'd also give up the dual tops and just take the soft top to keep the price about the same.

The only thing I can't seem to confirm is that it comes with front lockers as well. Seems like it does? I think this might be the best option for us!
Yes. Badlands has the front locker.

Go for that and you don't need to worry about the future.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes. Badlands has the front locker.

Go for that and you don't need to worry about the future.
I especially like that I don't have the huge sasquatch tires and lift, it's like a perfect middle-ground. I've been looking through the trims for weeks and only just noticed this!
Sponsored